TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attached the picture with the time stamp on it which makes me think that it is from a video that just hasn't been released. Also the reason her car was reported at 7:45 am the next day was because that is when a neighbor who was letting her dog out noticed the car clearly blocking a road and called it in.

Edit: Her car wasn't called in randomly. Someone earlier posted that the street is a "block away" from the complex. It is not. It is directly across from the resident access gate for cars, foot traffic, and the elevators. My friend who is a resident saw the jeep parked like that and literally thought, "why the heck is that jeep parked like that?"... before knowing about anyone going missing.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/screen-shot-2019-05-08-at-4-33-18-pm-png.183316/

I wonder which camera captured Prisma's car parked across the street from the garage entrance?

There are only 3 cameras in that garage, one showing the video of her, another one pointing at a short driveway for parking with no exit, 1 at far end of garage by other elevator, only one way in or out with vehicle, there are no cameras inside the apt complex in hallways, common areas or pool area, none outside the garage entrance, we walked the building and garage just to see if we could follow in her steps! But there was plenty of people coming and going the whole time we were there, in and out garage, walking there dogs, and plenty of maintenance people, this complex is also daily, weekly or monthly rental

So to clarify. If Prisma left in another vehicle, it would not be caught on a camera?

In the Grey Hughes' video in which someone took a tour of the Olympus as a potential resident, the employee giving the tour described the various security features and mentioned that there was a license plate reader in the garage. Could this help in tracking vehicle movements that evening, e.g. identifying a car from someone known to Prisma?

At first sight it would seem that the phone call captured on the elevator surveillance camera was related to Prisma's visit, but we learned from the media that the person on the other end, who has been cleared, didn't know why she was there. My questions/speculation: Did she make the 5:50 call and what was the call about? Making plans? Since she put the call on speaker, it didn't seem confidential or urgent. The garage could have been bustling with activity at that hour. It appears that all was normal until something went wrong. How could her dissapearance get unoticed? Would she be able to call for help right there if she was in distress? If something happened in the garage it must have been very quick.

Checking in, hoping to hear she has been found.

Read all of the posts I had missed.

The one hour call with the sitter seems unusual. If the sitter is a friend more than a day care, maybe a bit less unusual. That is a long time these days to be on a phone call, to me anyhow, on a work day especially.

No phone tech but could it be someone did not end the call and it would show as an hour long conversation? I knew someone but it was in the earlier days of cell phones that did had quite a phone bill because they never disconnected on a call. Probably not the case here, but just a thought.

If nothing like that, then there was something that warranted that long conversation I think is safe to assume.

This is the woman who also had her son so maybe it was about keeping him safe should she not be able to show up? Although the news reports have been that Prisma told her she would be on time to pick him up.

Just some early morning, need more coffee, thoughts...

The one hour call with the sitter seems unusual. If the sitter is a friend more than a day care, maybe a bit less unusual. That is a long time these days to be on a phone call, to me anyhow, on a work day especially.
According to the currently known timeline, she already had lunch and was supposed to be back at work when she spoke at length with the babysitter. Maybe she was upset from the events at lunch and she needed to confide in a friend and lost track of the time. According to the sitter they talked about Prisma's current job. Why didn't she eventually return to work? Is it possible that she wasn't happy about it? Was she not feeling well? If she decided to ditch the job altogether, would she keep the uniform on if she had other plans that afternoon? Where was she for the last two hours before she was seen on video? The authorities must have an idea by now. Did she make/receive any calls during that time? Olympus must have been some sort of a quick errand, probably not planned much ahead, since she was supposed to be at work at that hour. On the other hand, if she went there to confront someone, that would likely not be a random person. If someone tried to harm her, how would they be sure that they wouldn't get caught by electronic records (phone/online contact, cameras, etc.)?

According to the currently known timeline, she already had lunch and was supposed to be back at work when she spoke at length with the babysitter. Maybe she was upset from the events at lunch and she needed to confide in a friend and lost track of the time. According to the sitter they talked about Prisma's current job. Why didn't she eventually return to work? Is it possible that she wasn't happy about it? Was she not feeling well? If she decided to ditch the job altogether, would she keep the uniform on if she had other plans that afternoon? Where was she for the last two hours before she was seen on video? The authorities must have an idea by now. Did she make/receive any calls during that time? Olympus must have been some sort of a quick errand, probably not planned much ahead, since she was supposed to be at work at that hour. On the other hand, if she went there to confront someone, that would likely not be a random person. If someone tried to harm her, how would they be sure that they wouldn't get caught by electronic records (phone/online contact, cameras, etc.)?

I share many of those same questions. I know the call was after lunch and when she was to be back to work. I initially speculated she walked out on the job for some reason of its own--but when one adds to it lunch with an ex and then being seen elsewhere, I think the two things combined are unlikely, although it is possible?

What I mean is it seems more likely the lunch and whatever happened afterwards is why she did not go back to work.

If someone wanted to harm her, I agree on the electronics but on the other hand, we sure see a lot of perps who never consider these security cams, cell phone tracking, GPS, etc... Or it was someone who knew where the cameras, etc. were... The last possibility is LE knows, they just cannot prove anything was done to her by that person last known to be with her?

jmo.

There will be an interview on Fox 4 tonight, channel 23 which is a Spanish station had a interview with prismas sister and dad earlier this morning, channel 8 aired there's this morning, and the detective gave what's called a smooth interview, nothing new with case, but he wanted to get the reward out to both English and Spanish speaking public

At first sight it would seem that the phone call captured on the elevator surveillance camera was related to Prisma's visit, but we learned from the media that the person on the other end, who has been cleared, didn't know why she was there. My questions/speculation: Did she make the 5:50 call and what was the call about? Making plans? Since she put the call on speaker, it didn't seem confidential or urgent. The garage could have been bustling with activity at that hour. It appears that all was normal until something went wrong. How could her dissapearance get unoticed? Would she be able to call for help right there if she was in distress? If something happened in the garage it must have been very quick.
the phone call was a call for help, according to her mother who also spoke with that person after the detective had already questioned this person, by calling the number on her phone records, but to the family everyone is still a suspect until she is found

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/screen-shot-2019-05-08-at-4-33-18-pm-png.183316/
I wonder which camera captured Prisma's car parked across the street from the garage entrance?[/QUOTE there is one camera when you go in garage by entrance, one where she was standing facing elevator, if you look real close in video you can see part of wall and tiny bit of door going into apt complex, because of the pillar there it captures nothing else, so when she turned off screen no one can be sure what happened from there

no, there were 2 calls at 6 and 601 the 6 was a call asking for help, if you look real close she ended 6 call, and started calling the 601 number that was her very last call, the 6 call was asking a friend for help, she didn't feel right, was confused and couldn't tell him where she was at, she had no idea where she was at, he told the detective and the family she was very confused, that something wasn't right, and that was the last anyone has seen or heard from her

I asked this before but I probably still don't have it right so I'll ask again. By the 6pm call (asking for help), are you referring to the call that was caught on video in front of the elevator? How long was that call? Because that video has a 5:50 timestamp, which is ten minutes earlier. Was there another call recorded at around 5:50?

To me she doesn't appear distressed or disoriented in the video, but of course I could be wrong. So she parked her car across the street, entered the garage, stood close to the entrance, and called a friend to tell him that she got lost? She might have already been on the phone before entering. Is it possible that she went into the garage, was seen on camera at 5:50 (on a call that ended before 5:51) and then went deeper into the building where she got lost/confused and then called her friend (again) at 6pm?

Last edited:
There are only 3 cameras in that garage, one showing the video of her, another one pointing at a short driveway for parking with no exit, 1 at far end of garage by other elevator, only one way in or out with vehicle, there are no cameras inside the apt complex in hallways, common areas or pool area, none outside the garage entrance, we walked the building and garage just to see if we could follow in her steps! But there was plenty of people coming and going the whole time we were there, in and out garage, walking there dogs, and plenty of maintenance people, this complex is also daily, weekly or monthly rental
So out of three cameras in the garage, two are pointing at the elevators that are located at the opposite ends of the garage. Could Prisma have walked out through the pedestrian entrance without being seen on the first elevator camera? Perhaps yes, if she stayed left of the pillar she was seen leaning against in the video.
I'm not sure I understand where the third garage camera is located. Does it point at the car entrance, but it does not cover the exit? Door gates are visible on the photo of Prisma's car outside. Was it taken by the third camera? Can that camera capture any pedestrian traffic?
With so few cameras, I'm still putting some hope on the usefulness of the license plate reader.

If she were confused/disoriented even before entering the garage, wouldn't she have made the call from her car? Was she running away from someone? It didn't look that way in the surveillance video. IMO she was in the building to meet a person.

So Prisma wasn't able to tell her friend where she was at when she called for help (at 6pm). Was that the address or the type of environment? Couldn't he have asked if she was in a vehicle, a room or somewhere outside? Did he say she was afraid of something? Did he think she was in danger?

I asked this before but I probably still don't have it right so I'll ask again. By the 6pm call (asking for help), are you referring to the call that was caught on video in front of the elevator? How long was that call? Because that video has a 5:50 timestamp, which is ten minutes earlier. Was there another call recorded at around 5:50?

To me she doesn't appear distressed or disoriented in the video, but of course I could be wrong. So she parked her car across the street, entered the garage, stood close to the entrance, and called a friend to tell him that she got lost? She might have already been on the phone before entering. Is it possible that she went into the garage, was seen on camera at 5:50 (on a call that ended before 5:51) and then went deeper into the building where she got lost/confused and then called her friend (again) at 6pm?
between 549 and 601 which was her last and final call there were 9 calls, her longest being 3 minutes to a number who has been cleared. To people that don't know her she doesn't look distressed etc.but to the family she has the same actions that happens when she does get distressed, mad, upset

We believe those phone calls were trying to reach out to anyone who could help her out, and possibly to one of the numbers what this person did to her, what this person gave her to make her act like she was in the video, the longest phone call the number of that person was cleared as they were out of state

9 calls between 5:49 and 6:01 would indicate to me a level of distress or anxiety.

The hour long phone call with the babysitter is odd since she wasn’t at work at that time and all they talked about was her job (that she had just quit abruptly). Surely she would have mentioned she wasn’t going back to work but was somewhere else? The babysitter didn’t say anything about her being upset or anything about the lunch incident?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member