CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's it for the defense? Did they formally rest?

If so. It sure didn't take long to get Rudins testimony completed.

I thought I read where a poster said they wouldnt be able to complete his testimony today?

Imo

Do you know Chase? Your posts suggest you know him.

Shudder. Heck no I don't know CM thank goodness, but I've followed trials for decades, and have seen a lot of bad murdering dudes like him.

I pity anyone who does know him personally.

Perhaps you missed the bottom of my post where I stated 'JMO.' ??

I think Joey was just a nice guy who saw the best in people and gave people second chances even if they had a past. My Dad is similar and it has definitely come back to bite him, a lot.

<modsnip> We are in the home stretch now! They certainly aren't covering the Kyrian Knox trial, that's getting as much coverage as this. NONE.

What trial is more important! I wonder if we will even know the damn verdict when it comes down at this point. This is ridiculous. Just let us watch the last little bit live. I would have liked to see McGee and how he is doing today. Ugh.
This needs a double like.
L and C is a Mickey Mouse operation and, IMO, it's all about money. Shameful.

Shudder. Heck no I don't know CM thank goodness, but I've followed trials for decades, and have seen a lot of bad murdering dudes like him.

Perhaps you missed the bottom of my post where I stated 'JMO.' ??
You just seem so definitive in your opinions of him stating obvious theories as facts that I had to ask. We don't know that he murdered that family, yet you call him a murderer of 4 people. I've followed this case for years and I don't see any direct evidence linking him to the murders. Do you?

Do you agree that it was not a threat of physical harm? My belief is that it was a threat of financial harm—in other words, that if DK thought he hadn’t been appropriately paid for his SEO work, he could simply undo his SEO work.
You are correct.

He also told Deputy Tingley he drove by around the 6th of February.

Or true information.
He testified that he thinks that was misconveyed to Tingley on the 15th the same day that he told detectives DuGal/Fiske that that information was incorrect and the first time he went there was the 13th.

We also know from the defendant's interview that Tingley thought Mike went to Chick-fil-A on the 4th. I can guess why that isn't repeated here - because it has no sinister interpretation.

It comes down to common sense at the end of the day, IMO, given the distress Mike was under in the circumstances. Merritt told the detectives that Mike had never been to the house before the 13th, he met him at the gas station on the 13th to show him the way, and his own admission to feeding the dogs and moving the water bowls 3 years later shines the light on his attempts at deception.

You just seem so definitive in your opinions of him stating obvious theories as facts that I had to ask. We don't know that he murdered that family, yet you call him a murderer of 4 people. I've followed this case for years and I don't see any direct evidence linking him to the murders. Do you?

YES. His DNA was on the steering wheel of the Trooper, after it had been dumped at the border.

He was in the McStay home on the desktop on the night of the 4th, creating and deleting a check made out to himself. And the next day he created that check again, but backdated it, to make sure it didn't look like it was done after the family went missing.

And days later. he pretended to be Joey and tried to erase any evidence of that fraudulent check shenanigans by trying to erase the online banking evidence from the QBooks account.

Seems like very important evidence and the defensive has not successfully rebut that as far as I am concerned.

It seemed to me that Joey hung out with soccer pals and surfer dudes. He thought of DK as a surfer dude, IMO. The only rough one that I can think of is the defendant.

So you know what JM thought?

He testified that he thinks that was misconveyed to Tingley on the 15th the same day that he told detectives DuGal/Fiske that that information was incorrect and the first time he went there was the 13th.

We also know from the defendant's interview that Tingley thought Mike went to Chick-fil-A on the 4th. I can guess why that isn't repeated here - because it has no sinister interpretation.

It comes down to common sense at the end of the day, IMO, given the distress Mike was under in the circumstances. Merritt told the detectives that Mike had never been to the house before the 13th, he met him at the gas station on the 13th to show him the way, and his own admission to feeding the dogs and moving the water bowls 3 years later shines the light on his attempts at deception.
T. I know you are all over this but wasn't it actually the 4th and not the 6th? Keep in mind I don't keep notes. :D

Here is the difference. CM created and deleted and backdated checks, written out to himself, from Joey's account, beginning Feb 1st. AND he called QBooks, posing as Joey and tried to get the online records shut down and erased.

On top of that, CM lied to investigators and told them that Joey gave him those checks on the 4tth, the same checks that CM actually created and backdated himself.

DK was not involved in any of that.

It doesn't matter if CM ever threatened Joey, because as far as any one knows, he wouldn't have done so. He had no reason to do so until things went sideways at the very end.

And he wouldn't have threatened him then because he wanted to do a sneak attack and blindside him. He is a conman and knows how to hoodwink people.
Did the backdated checks and Chase calling Qbooks come out in the trial? There was a lot of speculation on who did these things at the outset. Or is this still speculation?

But obviously his memory was much fresher in Feb. 2010 when he spoke to Tingley than 9 years later when testifying.

I do use evidence. And his long criminal history for burglary and theft is relevant evidence because of the theft accusations being made by the Prosecution.

DK's non violent threat was made over a year before the murders and there is evidence that DK was out of the state when there family went missing. Sio he was cleared by LE.
Hi, What evidence are you referring to? What evidence that he murdered this family? He may have a criminal past but that has nothing to do with evidence that he murdered this family.

YES. His DNA was on the steering wheel of the Trooper, after it had been dumped at the border.

He was in the McStay home on the desktop on the night of the 4th, creating and deleting a check made out to himself. And the next day he created that check again, but backdated it, to make sure it didn't look like it was done after the family went missing.

And days later. he pretended to be Joey and tried to erase any evidence of that fraudulent check shenanigans by trying to erase the online banking evidence from the QBooks account.

Seems like very important evidence and the defensive has not successfully rebut that as far as I am concerned.
I recall that it was trace DNA in trooper. Could have happened if they shook hands good-bye on the 4th. Let me put this another way. Is it a fact that CM was in the house on the 4th. Did they put him there via cell phone or witness? Again, is this fact? Same question with Qbooks. Did the authorities factually prove this to be true or are you speculating?

T. I know you are all over this but wasn't it actually the 4th and not the 6th? Keep in mind I don't keep notes. :D
which bit of my post are you referring to citygirl - Chick-fil-A? or smr's post about Mike going to the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member