CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

Click on the page and it's the person who recently updated. Also if you check members you can see the admins of the page - more than one, including Ben's brother Jack. Only one has been posting lately though.

ETA dhw

I believe Jared Dorn is family as well.

He is...a cousin-in-law, if I recall correctly.

It appears the Admin is Canadian so I’m just curious if this person is a relative or has a connection to Merritt, BC.

The other reason I’m wondering is because I notice a lot of beautiful items have been donated with proceeds for a search for Ben. But I haven’t noticed it mentioned specifically what those future intentions involve.

It appears the Admin is Canadian so I’m just curious if this person is a relative or has a connection to Merritt, BC.

The other reason I’m wondering is because I notice a lot of beautiful items have been donated with proceeds for a search for Ben. But I haven’t noticed it mentioned specifically what those future intentions involve.

One of the admins is Canadian.

The proceeds from the auctions and decal sales go to Ben’s family for continued search efforts.

I believe the family has indicated that if there is money left over, they plan to start a scholarship in Ben’s name.

I don’t believe the family has made many statements about their intentions for the money but I would wonder if they have hired an investigator.

I don’t believe the family has made many statements about their intentions for the money but I would wonder if they have hired an investigator.
If they have, it's been kept private. The family of Dean Morrison hired one and recently he spoke out about Ben's case too, or a journalist did who was running the story on a "possible connection." I didn't get the indication that he was working for the Tyner family as well. Not sure if he (or any PI) would give away that info though. Maybe client privilege, or to safeguard investigation. JMO

If they have, it's been kept private. The family of Dean Morrison hired one and recently he spoke out about Ben's case too, or a journalist did who was running the story on a "possible connection." I didn't get the indication that he was working for the Tyner family as well. Not sure if he (or any PI) would give away that info though. Maybe client privilege, or to safeguard investigation. JMO

I don't know if they have or have not hired an investigator but if I was in their position, I'd definately consider it. The family lives outside the country, our laws are different than the US and the RCMP are notoriously tight lipped about investigations so it always feels the family is left out of the loop.

I am still checking back, but have nothing to add I have not stated before. Just will not let go of this one until Ben is found... Ben has touched so many of us that did not have the honor of knowing him, I cannot even imagine how those who knew him and loved him feel. I know how I feel and it cannot even compare...Praying Ben comes home soon. IMHO

Ben has touched so many of us that did not have the honor of knowing him, I cannot even imagine how those who knew him and loved him feel.
He seems like one of the good guys, living a wholesome, down to earth life.
new to this case
Hopefully we will have news of an arrest one day soon.

A bump for Ben and a list of questions answered by admin of page:

Just to answer to all these questions we getting asked over and over again.

Did Ben tell someone he was going out ? Not that day
Did he take his dog ? No
Did he take his phone ? Not that I was told of and there may be a reason for that.
Who found his horse? A man riding found his horse but loggers called attention to it.
Was the horse in good shape ? Yes
What was he wearing ? His ranching clothes and maybe a red checkered hat.
Was his truck and trailer home ? Yes
Was his dog taken out to find him? Yes as far as I know.
Was there snow on the ground ? Yes
How many people looked for him ? RCMP, SAR, large group,of people from the native bands and a helicopter was used.Locals still continue to search.
Did his family help? Yes they came from Wyoming.
Was a medium used ? All messages we received on the subject were passed along.
Was a PI used ? Again any info given to us was passed on.
Are they still searching ? This case is very much still active.
Did they check the lake ? I believe sonar was used
Was someone arrested and let go ? As far as I know , no.
Have they found anything of his? Aside from his horse I am not aware of anything.
Can we search? Yes but not on ranch property. Besides it being private property the MCU does not want anyone out that way. This case is active and they have their reasons.
Where is all the money go that the group raises? It goes to the account for the Tyners to decide what to use it for .
Why has it been handed over to SMCU..? RCMP have deemed it suspicious .
How long will they search? As long as it takes.

MISSING: BEN TYNER

A bump for Ben and a list of questions answered by admin of page:

Just to answer to all these questions we getting asked over and over again.

Did Ben tell someone he was going out ? Not that day
Did he take his dog ? No
Did he take his phone ? Not that I was told of and there may be a reason for that.
Who found his horse? A man riding found his horse but loggers called attention to it.
Was the horse in good shape ? Yes
What was he wearing ? His ranching clothes and maybe a red checkered hat.
Was his truck and trailer home ? Yes
Was his dog taken out to find him? Yes as far as I know.
Was there snow on the ground ? Yes
How many people looked for him ? RCMP, SAR, large group,of people from the native bands and a helicopter was used.Locals still continue to search.
Did his family help? Yes they came from Wyoming.
Was a medium used ? All messages we received on the subject were passed along.
Was a PI used ? Again any info given to us was passed on.
Are they still searching ? This case is very much still active.
Did they check the lake ? I believe sonar was used
Was someone arrested and let go ? As far as I know , no.
Have they found anything of his? Aside from his horse I am not aware of anything.
Can we search? Yes but not on ranch property. Besides it being private property the MCU does not want anyone out that way. This case is active and they have their reasons.
Where is all the money go that the group raises? It goes to the *** account for the Tyners to decide what to use it for .
Why has it been handed over to SMCU..? RCMP have deemed it suspicious .
How long will they search? As long as it takes.

MISSING: BEN TYNER

thank you for putting this together @zecats !

Thinking of Ben and his family and friends, today. I honestly did think he'd have been found by now :(
I didn't. There's been something hinky about this whole story right from the start.

I believe the horse was saddled up to make it appear Ben was riding the horse that morning.

If I were a betting woman, I think something happened to him the night before, or in the middle of the night, and he's not in the area.

Just my opinion, only a gut instinct.

I didn't. There's been something hinky about this whole story right from the start.

I believe the horse was saddled up to make it appear Ben was riding the horse that morning.

If I were a betting woman, I think something happened to him the night before, or in the middle of the night, and he's not in the area.

Just my opinion, only a gut instinct.

I've always wondered about that. Seems the last confirmed sighting of Ben was Friday evening, but I don't believe the location where this occurred has ever been released to public/media.

I've always wondered about that. Seems the last confirmed sighting of Ben was Friday evening, but I don't believe the location where this occurred has ever been released to public/media.
Last seen Saturday around 2pm, Jan 26. Reported missing Monday Jan 28.
This info has been compiled by the admins of Missing Ben FB page, two of whom are family members (including Ben's brother Jack).

Here is info again as refresher:
PINNED POST: PLEASE REVIEW FOR ALL KEY INFORMATION. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS INFORMATION COMES IN.

NAME: BEN TYNER

HEIGHT: 6'3"

WEIGHT: 240 lbs.

EYES: Brown

HAIR: Dark Brown with Beard

CLOTHING: “He’s a rancher, so we believe he was dressed for the weather, probably had proper gear, but there’s no indication that he took anything to spend the night,” He often wears a black and red woolen hat with ear flaps.

HASHTAG: #helpfindbentyner

LAST KNOWN SIGHTING: Ben was last seen on SAT-JAN-26 at 2:00 p.m. He was reported missing on MON-JAN-28 after a local hunter came across his horse, still fully-equipped.

CONTACT: Anyone with information or who may have seen a male riding in the Swakum ridge area on Saturday or Sunday is asked to contact the Merritt RCMP at 250-378-4262 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477

Thank you.

RL Dakin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708