Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post observant bystander. Where have you been standing by and what have you been observing?

I agree someone is covering up for him.
Amateur opinion and speculation

I have been standing on the sidelines here, observing everyone’s thoughts and speculations whilst trying to come up with my own.

Just finally got the balls to post my thoughts and speculations here. I’m so glad I did, you guys are all wonderful and have really brought up some thought provoking ideas over the last two years.

I believe they originally thought BG was on foot. I think they thought he may have been hitch hiking. I don't think there was a hiking informant. Being the interstate is so close could they possibly have thought someone picked him up thus all those billboards put up? Moo
Originally, they didn’t know anything about how BG arrived and left the scene, be it foot, bicycle, motorcycle, car or hitchhiking. At that time, there were no billboards put up. On February 23, FBI said they were utilizing 6,000 billboards in 46 states to solicit information on this case.

I've been trying to find the poster who said they thought BG wasn't worried so much about what he was wearing as much as he was worried about not being seen.

I agree with this 100%. I'm not sure that BG tried to overtly disguise himself. He was wearing what a number of people on the trail would wear imo. I think he got incredibly lucky that Libby's photo looked the way it did. And even luckier that a sketch that didn't look like him was circulated for the past 2 years.

I'm not sure he's from Delphi but imo, he is familiar with the trails and the bridge. So maybe somewhere close by.
Maybe he didn't need an alibi because he probably wasn't questioned by Police and....he may live alone and doesn't have to answer to anyone.

I think BG was smarter than leaving his car where it could be seen and later identified.

I haven't figured out how the witness
saw BG or knew what he looked like. But I suspect the sketch is fairly close to how he may look without hat and coat. Just my opinions.

You've just reminded me that OBG sketch did not come out till July 2017 and I remember LE saying the woman was scared and so hadn't come forward straight away so ... she had months to think about that and also had the photo of BG to go by so she may have made up what she gave LE or imagined what she saw or may be protecting who she saw - we don't know (and I guess neither do LE).
AJMO

You've just reminded me that OBG sketch did not come out till July 2017 and I remember LE saying the woman was scared and so hadn't come forward straight away so ... she had months to think about that and also had the photo of BG to go by so she may have made up what she gave LE or imagined what she saw or may be protecting who she saw - we don't know (and I guess neither do LE).
AJMO
True.

AJMO

She could have imagined she saw him, saw him in disguise or deliberately misled the police.

The OBG sketch was published long after the public saw the video still of B.G.

Here are some comments by Sheriff Leavenby (news article July 17, 2017) concerning the OBG sketch:

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "

"It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

Last edited:
I think his family has probably had several instances where they feel a sudden, intense feeling that stops their heart and feels like an icy wave rushes through their mind. It is in this instance that they KNOW. But I also believe that their thinking isn't completely "normal" (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and they are able to convince themselves that either he didn't do it or, if he did, he won't do it again and he has "so much to give this world" that it is better to not turn him in so he can continue with his "amazing calling".

IMO, this opinion sounds like it is rooted in a bias against people of a particular religion.

I think they probably have a strong suspicion of his identity, since they believe they may have interviewed him. But they don't wish to accuse him yet, because they need more evidence. I'm still open to the possibility that they somehow know about the movement without being certain of the car or driver. So I think they have strong suspicious, but maybe not. MOO. My thoughts on this case have changed more times than on any other case that I've followed.

Knowing who he is, and having enough proof are 2 different things. I think they have knowledge of who he is and are watching him, but don’t have enough proof to nail him once and for all. They’re waiting on that “one tip” that will provide proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. JMO...but, I disagree with those who think they don’t have a suspect and this could lead to a cold case. All JMO.

This is true, I didn’t think of that. I guess the only way that my suspicion would make sense is if he somehow held them long enough to catch his breath and regain his composure, which doesn’t seem likely as he would increase his risk of being seen by someone passing the cemetery.

Thanks @TL4S for the input!

And thanks @zencompass for the warm welcome!

(BBM by me)
Welcome to WS, @observantbystander! Nice first post!

Here's something to ponder (with respect to the suspect's possibly needing to "catch his breath..."): What if...the suspect won/has won various track awards, say, in h.s./college? Would he really need to "catch his breath"? Maybe not? MOO

p. s. In my workplace a week ago, someone came in dressed exactly like the "OBG" sketch (different colored jacked, but...all other parts of the "disguise" being the same, including having his head down a bit as he walked). Whoaaaa! Was I ever "spooked", or...what! Cold chills immediately went down my spine. First glance, I nearly fell over in shock (see the effects of reading/trying to keep up with a WS thread constantly? Addictive! :)).

Knowing who he is, and having enough proof are 2 different things. I think they have knowledge of who he is and are watching him, but don’t have enough proof to nail him once and for all. They’re waiting on that “one tip” that will provide proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. JMO...but, I disagree with those who think they don’t have a suspect and this could lead to a cold case. All JMO.
Absolutely. The Coward’s cover up crew needs to step forward or risk jail time as well.

Amateur opinion and speculation

You have read my mind exactly!

If BGs vehicle was the one parked at the CPS/DPS building there are a lot more people that could’ve seen it. People coming to walk the trails, people just driving by, people on the highway. That seems like a riskier spot than the cemetery.

I agree. Activity in the cemetery seems to be hit and miss. I've actually only seen people in it once. The CPS building, however, is open and can be seen from several other vantage points.

Dear @Blue Amethyst,

Thank you for the great post!

Sheriff Leazenby said "a witness" gave the details to the F.B.I. sketch artist for the original sketch (man in cap resembling B.G. photo).

Excerpt from news article (dated July 17, 2017):

"The person in the sketch is described as a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10-inches tall, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair and an unknown eye color."

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "

"It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/17/new-details-released-delphi-double-homicide-investigation/483717001/

I just don't understand why they give such a heavy weight to BG. 220 pounds! He looks extremely thin to me. JMO

They wouldn't make a general public appeal for information if they had a specific suspect. They'd be conducting a private, specific investigation instead.

That one tip is the only thing preventing this from being s cold case.

AJMO
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The sketch they are using now (Young BG) is the person LE says is the person who murdered L&A. This sketch of young BG was made 3 days after the murders! This witness saw something he/she thought should be reported. We don't know why this sketch wasn't used originally. It took 2 years for LE to come back to this particulsr sketch and to say, "This is the person who murdered L&A." So the only sketch we are using now was originly made 3 days after the murders.

(BBM by me)
Welcome to WS, @observantbystander! Nice first post!

Here's something to ponder (with respect to the suspect's possibly needing to "catch his breath..."): What if...the suspect won/has won various track awards, say, in h.s./college? Would he really need to "catch his breath"? Maybe not? MOO

p. s. In my workplace a week ago, someone came in dressed exactly like the "OBG" sketch (different colored jacked, but...all other parts of the "disguise" being the same, including having his head down a bit as he walked). Whoaaaa! Was I ever "spooked", or...what! Cold chills immediately went down my spine. First glance, I nearly fell over in shock (see the effects of reading/trying to keep up with a WS thread constantly? Addictive! :)).
Judging not only by the video of BG, but by the description of his height/weight, if this guy won “various track awards,” he certainly let himself go.

That, or he won awards for trying the hardest or something.

They wouldn't make a general public appeal for information if they had a specific suspect. They'd be conducting a private, specific investigation instead.

That one tip is the only thing preventing this from being s cold case.

I don’t think that PC was for the public. I think it was directed by numerous INTELLIGENT and INFORMED LEO who have done profiling and know way more about this case than we do. I think they were speaking directly to the perp and/or those who may know him. I could be wrong, but they don’t owe me or the public anything. They want justice more than any of us do. JMO

ETA:spelling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members