Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ...May be a mush mash of all that therefore not an actual person.

BBM; snipped for brevity by me

Love your term "mush mash", @Cutiekitty! I intend to borrow it from time to time, if I may! (Also tend to agree w/your view on the whole sketch(es) business.) MOO

p. s. Thinking something about one of the sketches was, well, "sketchy" business... (But that's just "me", though.)

I posted this earlier but the thread was rolling quite quickly. Going by one of GHs video with information provided by BP, this secondary access right near Gerard Nature Park was also were the girls were dropped off.

High Bridge access changes, parking will no longer be allowed off of 300 North
ARP 4, 2017
“An entrance to the Monon High Bridge Trail area in Carroll County has been barred to keep the public out, and people will now have to walk twice as far to explore the area.

A carved wooden sign that was on County Road 300 North, on private property that was owned by the late Sherry Mears, has been taken down and the parking area that was there has been barred to keep people from parking there.....

.....Mears’ grandson and his family will be moving into the home his grandfather lived in for more than 50 years, and he expressed concerns about safety and people parking there at all hours, Corson and McCain said.

His concern was there was activity there day and night, even when you wouldn’t think there should be,” McCain said.

I agree with you, LE gave no indication they have their eye on a suspect. In fact they said the opposite during their appeal to people in and around Delphi - this is just the beginning and they’re not “near done”.

The worst thing is for somebody, a friend, coworker or neighbour who might have that one tip LE is waiting for to sit back thinking LE has the case solved so they don’t need to get involved.
Doug Carter keeps saying they need that one tip "to identify this person." He's convinced someone knows who it is. It seems apparent that LE does NOT know who it is. But what if, in fact, there is no one out there with this information? If no one has come forward to ID him in 27 months, maybe it's because there is no one.

I think the fact you were parked at the cemetery at night was what caught LE’s attention. If it was during the day you could’ve been visiting a grave. I cant see LE stopping and checking everyone parked during the day. The only cemetery I have relatives in is Arlington so I don’t have a large frame of reference.
Well the last time I went was during the day and I guess there just happened to be two police cars there. It's not that LE would necessarily check during the day, but the risk involved on the part of the person parking their car for any length of time. It's a place where one could be seen by others, and I wouldn't think the perp would risk that, especially if parking is only allowed for people visiting.
There are always people coming and going, at any given time, so why take the risk?
I just think this guy made every effort to avoid being seen. At least at an abandoned building there are not usually people parked there, and it was along the road so drivers would be less likely to notice the car. Imo

Yeah convoluted it is. I don’t know what “get around” is supposed to mean because a car parked from noon to 5pm isn’t dashing anywhere, in or out, quickly.

I thought the suspect was considered local because of his knowledge of the trails? But if so, LE should’ve known that from the beginning. My only other guess is it comes from what this witness noticed, whatever it was they thought LE should know at the time the tip was initially made.
It makes me wonder if the witness came back in with more information.

Thank you for posting the link.

If, in fact, BG was interviewed early on then I am thinking that BG either had a brilliant story concocted, or had something - a receipt? or someone (a buddy he gave a great story to?) that appeared very solidly to be his alibi.

Based on who he is....LE was satisfied and then moved on.

JMO

Well over 1,100 people is an incredibly large number who have been “talked to” in just over two years. I’m not even sure what talking proves. But not everyone is going to have a verifiable alibi even if they’re innocent, if LE’s approach is “prove to us what you were doing on Feb 13/17 and if you can’t you must be guilty”. I just don’t think that would accomplish much of anything.

"We have talked to well over 1,100 people. That includes persons of interest, that includes anybody and everybody that's involved in this case. If their name has been turned in, we've talked or attempted to talk to 99.9 percent of them."...”
Delphi murders: What we still don't know two years after the slayings of 2 teenagers

Doug Carter keeps saying they need that one tip "to identify this person." He's convinced someone knows who it is. It seems apparent that LE does NOT know who it is. But what if, in fact, there is no one out there with this information? If no one has come forward to ID him in 27 months, maybe it's because there is no one.

The odds are that someone knows something, but you’re right, there’s no guarantee that is the case.

This guy, like all killers, will exhibit concerning behavior.

Sometimes people put the pieces together, and sometimes they don’t.

It’s not like in the movies where a predator dons a perfect facade. That doesn’t happen.

But context is important, and sometimes this behavior doesn’t present itself in a way where a member of the public is able to put two and two together.

There’s always other ways to catch him though.

Yeah, there's a big difference between the phrases "to identify" BG and "to locate"or "to arrest." When they use "identify" it says to me that they don't know who it is.

There are a few things going on with this: either someone has turned him in and the tip got buried, someone turned him in and the tip was followed through on but his alibi (or something) was just too good, someone's recognized him but they've talked themselves out of it being BG, LE thinks they know who it is but they don't have enough probable cause to arrest, or nobody's recognized him at all.

I don't think LE knows who it is other than having a vague idea of what kind of person he is.

BBM; snipped for brevity by me

Love your term "mush mash", @Cutiekitty! I intend to borrow it from time to time, if I may! (Also tend to agree w/your view on the whole sketch(es) business.) MOO

p. s. Thinking something about one of the sketches was, well, "sketchy" business... (But that's just "me", though.)
Take it (mush mash) - it’s yours

@sumzero, after listening and re-listening to the Apr. 22nd PC, it is difficult -- no, impossible -- for me to believe that the suspect is anything but a local. Local to the town of Delphi. Local to know the Monon High Bridge trail. Local to know who was home and who was "snow-birding" (in the nearby houses). Local to know the sneakiest-peekiest way to be on the bridge and to get the best view. Local to... (should I write this?)...lie to LE. Local, local, local. But! I "get" why you mentioned the JC case in WI, and JP (who admitted that he saw her and planned to "take" her [his exact word; creepy]). Oh -- did I say "local to have family/friends in Delphi"? And I also meant to say "local", as in having a "local workplace/place to volunteer in Delphi".
--
Now, having said all of that, of course, LE will oust him from the middle of some underground cavern 5 states away...:) Well... up until at least Feb. 13, 2017, IMO he was local. And -- this, based on the PC of April 22nd (scarcely a month ago) -- I would say that the suspect still is local (though he may commute from time to time; just think of the "heat" he's feeling... or... is he? Maybe he's just hit "delete" on his conscience? But that's a whole other topic!).

All just MOO and pure speculation. :rolleyes:
I think he has some history there, definitely, but it could be years ago. I don't think he's someone with a high-profile position in town. He'd be taking quite a chance that someone would cross his path or catch a glimpse of him and recognize him on sight. But who knows? We might find out he took some ridiculous chances and lucked out. Like JP in the Closs case.

Several times a year for the past 39 years, but we have older family buried there and have visited at various times of the day and year. My aunt and cousin live less than 5 minutes away and go up there often to clean off the graves.

I mean, I'm not going to argue about it. I'm just sharing personal experience that I have with that specific cemetery. Other cemeteries may be different. I have no idea where BG parked or why he parked where he did.
I don't either, I was just wondering if you knew if they made regular rounds at that particular cemetary.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Did any of the witnesses see someone dressed (blue jacket, jeans etc) like the BG photograph from Libby’s phone? I’m not talking about the two facial sketches (hair, eye color, etc). I’m wondering if anyone on the bridge that day saw a man/teenager dressed in the clothes we see in the photograph. Thanks!

No, LE have never stated anybody saw this person on the trail. But at one time they did say everyone on the trail had came forward except the suspect.

IIRC nobody has ever said they saw Abby or Libby after they were dropped off either.

I didn't read it as being biased against a religion. Even if you take religion out of the picture, I read the post more as that his parents could be wearing blinders. There are lots of parents who seem to overestimate their child's abilities in something.
Thank you mtnlites. I never meant to even remotely imply any bias to any religion or even to religion in general. I also feel that the parents - or whomever may have even an inkling that he is the killer - may not even necessarily be consciously denying that their son/loved one could be a killer. The mind is a powerful thing and it can sometimes work in ways to protect us from what we cannot bear at a particular time.

I didn't read it as being biased against a religion. Even if you take religion out of the picture, I read the post more as that his parents could be wearing blinders. There are lots of parents who seem to overestimate their child's abilities in something.

Oh for sure - I completely agree that there are parents that have blinders on and overestimate abilities. It was the quotes around amazing calling and what appeared to me to be a thinly veiled reference to one particular individual and family that was the basis for my comment. And while the opinion sounds (or really reads) to me like it came from such a bias, the OP has flatly rejected that it did.

Last edited:
Yeah convoluted it is. I don’t know what “get around” is supposed to mean because a car parked from noon to 5pm isn’t dashing anywhere, in or out, quickly.

I thought the suspect was considered local because of his knowledge of the trails? But if so, LE should’ve known that from the beginning. My only other guess is it comes from what this witness noticed, whatever it was they thought LE should know at the time the tip was initially made.

I think they implied that the car was there at some point between those hours, but not necessarily for the entire time. But it makes quite a difference, doesn't it?

Oh for sure - I completely agree that there are parents that have blinders on and overestimate abilities. It was the quotes around amazing calling and what appeared to me to be a thinly veiled reference to one particular individual and family that was the basis for my comment. And while the opinion sounds (or really reads) to me like it came from such a bias, the OP flatly has rejected that it did.

Yeah, I get it. We usually associate a "calling" to be in a religious sense. But some days I'm pretty convinced that my calling is really to sit around all day and sample Ben & Jerry's. ;)

I think they implied that the car was there at some point between those hours, but not necessarily for the entire time. But it makes quite a difference, doesn't it?

Yes it sure might. But I’m thinking the driver of the car who LE “also” wanted information about isn’t necessarily connected to the murderer. It might’ve been someone who had earlier provided information, who LE wanted to speak with again but wasn’t successful in contacting.

Oddly, they’ve since dropped any mention of the car, driver or parking lot, including in their continued appeal for tips on the identification of the suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle