OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
?Maybe it was filmed by other LE, or the reporters, but all were asked not to post the footage publicly, possibly to prevent contaminating the jury pool... JMO.

That is a likely scenario. I remember when they first released it, and it's the only one they released. It shows nothing, but you hear a lot. If something bad had gone down, during the arrest, the video of what that officer was seeing and doing would have been useless. I'm sure others had their cams on too, but his does not show anything other than him putting cuffs on him. The cams are really there for the protection of the LEOs.

I tend to lean that way too. Their OTR truck was not new, and they shared it, both boys worked, so I'm thinking when that trust became available to them, they decided to branch out on their own.
Was their OTR truck a semi-cab or an all in one truck? It appears the OTR truck did not go to AK.
Hard to believe they would sell it as that was the boy's source of income.
Contract hauling is an interesting business, kind of Wild West like. :rolleyes:

FWIW, if there is a girlfriend then how does AW, JW and GW feel when they see BW's courtroom supporters vs their supporters. It would infuriate me (as a mother and as a son) to watch several women show up for BW's court hearings and they don't show up for anyone but BW. The BW supporters are not supporting anyone but BW and no one knows it more than AW, GW4 and JW. jmo.

Do AW, GW4 and JW get to watch the news reports or YouTube videos of the other defendants' pretrial hearings? I haven't read if the gag order covers that aspect.
just curious

Did the accused have help in the eavesdropping department? I really do not see any one of the as clever enough to hi-jack cell-phones or a computer. Anything beyond an un-encrypted baby monitor would be beyond their capabilities.
In a Discovery, one of the items collected in the raid at the FWF was one of those lineman jack phones (forget what it's called) and there was discussion of how it could be used to monitor calls - just like the old party lines did.
.JMO because it was shown on a thread from a couple months ago so it's JMO.

Remember the Waco/David Koresh tragedy (1993) started as LE was attempting to serve arrest and search warrants.

Clearly Ohio LE was prepared for the worst case scenario when they raided the FWF. LE thought they might find the W4 (well armed) at the FWF.

I suspect the W4 had been living at the FWF after the Peterson property sold 3/2017. They figured out LE was on to them after the 4/13/2017 PC and the ensuing interviews with LE. They knew LE would be coming for them so JW moved the packed trailers and vehicles from the FWF to an acquaintance's property the week before the raids to attempt to hide them from LE. The W4 stayed in the general area, but claimed to be in AK "for vacation". It appears they finally did move into their AK rental in mid June 2017. Where they really were from March 2017 to June 2017 we really don't know.

Do you think LE did any of the audio interviews via cell phone?

Just FYI, here is the Wiki on David Koresh. It's interesting read on the delusional effects of an isolating "religion" and people that own their own church.

David Koresh - Wikipedia

I remember Waco. Can't forget that one.:oops: No one would want something like that to happen.

I believe, that morning, that LE had been waiting to get the Ws as separated as possible. I think they knew that G3 was going to Kentucky, and the boys were headed out together, too. IIRC, AW was living in her father's former home. I don't remember if the boys were living there or at FWF. G3 was living at FWF, I think.

LE knew they had two homes, and two young children present at one, so the three men being gone, scaled back the danger at the two homes, and to the children, and possibly employees at FWF, and residents at the elder care home. LE was looking ahead, imo, for the possibility that they'd go out shooting, before they'd go to jail, even if it meant risking the children. In a case like this they had to prepare for something like that. I think getting those three men separated from the homes, was their goal. Thankfully it went down peacefully.

With the audio interviews, I'd think either way would be okay, as long as the conversation could be recorded. Clarity, battery time, possible dropped call, might make me lean more toward land line, but that's just me.

Was their OTR truck a semi-cab or an all in one truck? It appears the OTR truck did not go to AK.
Hard to believe they would sell it as that was the boy's source of income.
Contract hauling is an interesting business, kind of Wild West like. :rolleyes:

It was a tractor / trailer. It was an older one, iirc. Idk if they sold it or not, but they were hoping to get jobs as diesel mechanics up there, iirc. I don't recall that panning out.

I remember Waco. Can't forget that one.:oops: No one would want something like that to happen.

I believe, that morning, that LE had been waiting to get the Ws as separated as possible. I think they knew that G3 was going to Kentucky, and the boys were headed out together, too. IIRC, AW was living in her father's former home. I don't remember if the boys were living there or at FWF. G3 was living at FWF, I think.

LE knew they had two homes, and two young children present at one, so the three men being gone, scaled back the danger at the two homes, and to the children, and possibly employees at FWF, and residents at the elder care home. LE was looking ahead, imo, for the possibility that they'd go out shooting, before they'd go to jail, even if it meant risking the children. In a case like this they had to prepare for something like that. I think getting those three men separated from the homes, was their goal. Thankfully it went down peacefully.

With the audio interviews, I'd think either way would be okay, as long as the conversation could be recorded. Clarity, battery time, possible dropped call, might make me lean more toward land line, but that's just me.

I thought BW was living at FWF, AW was living in her dads home but JW and GW4 were living in a 3rd location. Were those kids living at a different location with their dads?

Everything about this case is a challenge to figure out but it is just so extremely creepy. :eek:

Remember the Waco/David Koresh tragedy (1993) started as LE was attempting to serve arrest and search warrants.

Clearly Ohio LE was prepared for the worst case scenario when they raided the FWF. LE thought they might find the W4 (well armed) at the FWF.

I suspect the W4 had been living at the FWF after the Peterson property sold 3/2017. They figured out LE was on to them after the 4/13/2017 PC and the ensuing interviews with LE. They knew LE would be coming for them so JW moved the packed trailers and vehicles from the FWF to an acquaintance's property the week before the raids to attempt to hide them from LE. The W4 stayed in the general area, but claimed to be in AK "for vacation". It appears they finally did move into their AK rental in mid June 2017. Where they really were from March 2017 to June 2017 we really don't know.

Do you think LE did any of the audio interviews via cell phone?

Just FYI, here is the Wiki on David Koresh. It's interesting read on the delusional effects of an isolating "religion" and people that own their own church.

David Koresh - Wikipedia

In this post I am referring to the 5/13/2017 raid on the FWF. I realized I was not clear in the original post, sorry.

In a Discovery, one of the items collected in the raid at the FWF was one of those lineman jack phones (forget what it's called) and there was discussion of how it could be used to monitor calls - just like the old party lines did.
.JMO because it was shown on a thread from a couple months ago so it's JMO.
Butt-Set.

Possibly JW and G4 came into trusts when they turned 21.
That's a good thought! Hadn't thought of that.

I also wonder if the Peterson Road property was purchased and in the boys' names (versus mom and dad) for coverage in case mom and dad were to divorce, to where then the house would be tied up in the divorce proceedings. And also, with that thought in mind, maybe FW provided funds to purchase the house with the stipulation it would be in the boys' names? JMO

I still have to wonder...in terms of support, who of the 4 W's is considered, especially by FW, to be the odd one out? In other words, who is FW the most less likely to try to protect, provide funds on the books while in jail, etc etc.....And who of the 4 right now may possibly feel more left out?

I strongly feel (at least at this point in time), that IF any one of the 4 W's roll, it will be AW.

I too think there is a lot more behind the scenes about the family dynamics than we will ever know, especially in regards to for example, were all 4 W's still supportive and there for each other at the time of the arrests? Just what were the living arrangements? If they were separated and living different lives (instead of all in the same household) then why weren't they? etc etc

JMO

I still have to wonder...in terms of support, who of the 4 W's is considered, especially by FW, to be the odd one out? In other words, who is FW the most less likely to try to protect, provide funds on the books while in jail, etc etc.....And who of the 4 right now may possibly feel more left out?

I strongly feel (at least at this point in time), that IF any one of the 4 W's roll, it will be AW.

I too think there is a lot more behind the scenes about the family dynamics than we will ever know, especially in regards to for example, were all 4 W's still supportive and there for each other at the time of the arrests? Just what were the living arrangements? If they were separated and living different lives (instead of all in the same household) then why weren't they? etc etc

JMO

Good questions. It appears to me that AW's entire adult life revolved around being BW's wife, being a Wag, and being the mother of GW4 and JW. If BW was done with AW, and with her sons grown, what purpose would AW serve to her mother-in-law who held the purse strings? JMO, no purpose at all.

JMO, I believe FW probably protected any future inheritance BW may have been slated to receive from any claim AW might make against it long ago, in the event they ever divorced. A trust could accomplish this, IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if AW was left out there with little financial support and had to rely on her sons for her existence.

BW is supposedly the mastermind of the murders, but I'm not seeing he has the intellectual capacity for that. JMO, I think AW does have the intellectual capacity for that.

JMO, the last person most people would ever enter into a conspiracy for murder with would be a long-term spouse who had taken the best years of their life and then left, and who had taken another lover or lovers. The trust would have been broken, IMO.

If they were separated, and were not living together as husband and wife, then it appears this is exactly what happened. AW entered into a conspiracy to commit mass murder with her apparently wayward husband. Why she did this, IDK, but it appears they all went to Alaska together, as if they were an intact family.

All JMO.

I also wonder if the Peterson Road property was purchased and in the boys' names (versus mom and dad) for coverage in case mom and dad were to divorce, to where then the house would be tied up in the divorce proceedings. And also, with that thought in mind, maybe FW provided funds to purchase the house with the stipulation it would be in the boys' names? JMO

IIRC, the boys took out a mortgage for Peterson Rd. I don't think AW or BW would have qualified from an income standpoint, JMO, and from what I'm reading, they were separated. Perhaps it fell to the boys to support AW?

Just some thoughts.

I thought BW was living at FWF, AW was living in her dads home but JW and GW4 were living in a 3rd location. Were those kids living at a different location with their dads?

Everything about this case is a challenge to figure out but it is just so extremely creepy. :eek:

I think the two children were with AW that day, and the boys were on their way somewhere together. I don't remember off hand. Were the boys staying with RN?

In this post I am referring to the 5/13/2017 raid on the FWF. I realized I was not clear in the original post, sorry.

I'm sorry, it's more clear today. It was late and the brain was foggy. If LE had a number to call them on, and they'd prepared in advance, they could have likely gotten a bead on their location. It's entirely possible they were hiding at an in state hotel. Wasn't there a search at a Hotel located in Jackson?

I'm sorry, it's more clear today. It was late and the brain was foggy. If LE had a number to call them on, and they'd prepared in advance, they could have likely gotten a bead on their location. It's entirely possible they were hiding at an in state hotel. Wasn't there a search at a Hotel located in Jackson?
We both had insomnia last night! Yes and I think we are going on the assumption it was Jackson, OH on 6/8/2017. The discovery though only referred to it as "Days Inn in Jackson" (no specified state).

IIRC, the boys took out a mortgage for Peterson Rd. I don't think AW or BW would have qualified from an income standpoint, JMO, and from what I'm reading, they were separated. Perhaps it fell to the boys to support AW?

Just some thoughts.

Also JW and GWIV may have paid AW for daily babysitting, or childcare while they were at work. The going rate around here is around $30 per day per child. So AW could make $300 per week from the two Wagner tots. JMO.
I know of a family that does this, Grandma is the paid nanny.

This is JMO, but I think FW might have cash flow problems and I don't see her parting with a large amount of cash for a down payment. I don't know how to find the original mortgage information as to what the down payment and mortgaged amounts were.

It is interesting though the boys took another mortgage/line of credit about 15 months after they purchased the property. July 2015 (approx) they took out $75,000 against the property. I can't imagine there was much equity left in the property after that. I think the property was put back on the market for sale about a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong