Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to reserve posting for questions/comments that might advance the discussion of who/what/when/where/why but this is so weird and angry-making. What mother realizes no one knew she loved her daughter and thinks that’s an “honor”? First, if no one else knew, how can you know Maleah knew?, and second, if you didn’t show your love openly enough for people to know you cared for her, to know you were proud of her, to know you were excited to share this world with her, that’s not a good thing! Your love for your kid shouldn’t be a secret love.

I hope (without much confidence) that this is a matter of her lack of skill with the English language. Maybe she doesn’t know the right words to say to express her feelings and it’s coming out all mixed up.

Or, maybe she really didn’t feel love appropriately toward her child. Someone mentioned lack of maternal bonding earlier. Maybe that’s the case, if so I’m sad for bb, as much as I have many other feelings about her too. She really missed out. A daughter to love is a gift from the universe.

ETA, imo JMO
I think she was just expressing her love for her daughter, like some people do as part of a memorial after someone has died.
Part of it is probably in response to all the people that are calling her names and saying she didn't love her daughter. She is trying to say that Maleah knew she loved her and that is all that matters. That is why it's an honor to her. All the people in the world (a giant) can't take that away from her.
We don't know that others didn't notice her love for her. By all accounts, Maleah was a happy, normal child. Both the CPS documents and the daycare support this. She did not present as being abused and neglected, although we can assume she was according to the allegations by the hospital.
I don't think the people involved in this case are the brightest bulbs, so I wouldn't expect them to be eloquent writers or speakers.
I think her statement is largely in response to DV's father's accusation that she didn't care about her kids. She is being defensive.
At some point maybe she will realize that is probably best to stay far away from the spotlight. Imo

I had to take a break from this case. It's really gotten under my skin. For a variety of reasons.

I think I'm all caught up now...no new developments, which is somewhat depressing for me.

I'd really like to know what happens today at the CPS hearing. But since there's a gag order, I doubt we will find out.

I had to take a break from this case. It's really gotten under my skin. For a variety of reasons.

I think I'm all caught up now...no new developments, which is somewhat depressing for me.

I'd really like to know what happens today at the CPS hearing. But since there's a gag order, I doubt we will find out.
Are you sure they are still having one?
If they are, I would assume it would be decided that custody remain with CPS, and physical custody will remain as it is for the time being. Imo

MALEAH DAVIS: Protest planned at CPS hearing for missing girl and siblings
Maleah Davis, 4, has been missing for 22 days and now some of the people concerned about her disappearance plan to make their voices heard in downtown Houston.

That's where a CPS hearing over Maleah and her siblings is scheduled for Wednesday morning, now that Derion Vence, the suspect charged in her disappearance, is in jail.

[...]

"Why would you leave your child at home with him if he's doing all of these things?" Joe said.

Protesters have been asking the same question, even accusing Bowens of not doing enough to protect her daughter.

I think she was just expressing her love for her daughter, like some people do as part of a memorial after someone has died.
Part of it is probably in response to all the people that are calling her names and saying she didn't love her daughter. She is trying to say that Maleah knew she loved her and that is all that matters. That is why it's an honor to her. All the people in the world (a giant) can't take that away from her.
We don't know that others didn't notice her love for her. By all accounts, Maleah was a happy, normal child. Both the CPS documents and the daycare support this. She did not present as being abused and neglected, although we can assume she was according to the allegations by the hospital.
I don't think the people involved in this case are the brightest bulbs, so I wouldn't expect them to be eloquent writers or speakers.
I think her statement is largely in response to DV's father's accusation that she didn't care about her kids. She is being defensive.
At some point maybe she will realize that is probably best to stay far away from the spotlight. Imo
She claimed she wasn't saying what she said, once she got called out.
She can't keep her story straight from one post to the next.
MOO

MALEAH DAVIS: Protest planned at CPS hearing for missing girl and siblings
Maleah Davis, 4, has been missing for 22 days and now some of the people concerned about her disappearance plan to make their voices heard in downtown Houston.

That's where a CPS hearing over Maleah and her siblings is scheduled for Wednesday morning, now that Derion Vence, the suspect charged in her disappearance, is in jail.

[...]

"Why would you leave your child at home with him if he's doing all of these things?" Joe said.

Protesters have been asking the same question, even accusing Bowens of not doing enough to protect her daughter.
Good Maleah,and siblings need a loud,and clear voice,and protection.
MOO

At this time I am pretty sure they are searching for remains. Family is usually not involved in that process. Imo

I'm not suggesting she strap on her snake boots and hit the woods, however surely she knows places where DV felt comfortable, spent time, explored, etc... She could have information that would be a very big help to TES and anyone else who is spending their time out looking. jmo

ETA: Maybe she has given up information like this to investigators. We don't know. I do know that in her camera appearances and social media posts, she isn't begging for Maleah to be found and this bothers me immensely. Jmo It's your daughter, I'm sorry but even if you believe she is deceased, she needs to be found! For evidence to be secured for justice to be served and to lay her to rest properly.

Last edited:
Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Maleah Davis' mother receives criticism for not deleting Instagram posts of ex-fiance Derion Vence: VIDEO
9:32 AM - 22 May 2019

At 1:50 in the video- BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to break into the house because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report.

Thank you for that. I am glad to be reminded of a more compassionate view.

She claimed she wasn't saying what she said, once she got called out.
She can't keep her story straight from one post to the next.
MOO
Are you talking about the abuse?
We know there were allegations of abuse. Other than that I'm not sure what she was saying in her posts.
She has said way too much for me to keep track of.
But I do think she is in defense mode, so anything she said previously that made her look bad she is likely going to deny.
She is prohibited from talking about anything related to the alleged abuse in the CPS documents, which is convenient for her. It makes it easier to hide from the truth.
But we already know, so she can deny all she wants. It won't change anything. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151