Unarmed Special Needs Man Shot By Police

This is crazy. Shouldn't the officer be alert to all of the surroundings. How could this poor man have startled him to the point of him shooting 3 times?

The policemen are scared themselves. It is absolutely horrible what is going on - and I feel especially sorry for the victim because he is special needs and has to beg.

Poor guy, wish him speedy recovery.

This is crazy. Shouldn't the officer be alert to all of the surroundings. How could this poor man have startled him to the point of him shooting 3 times?

Yes, he should be alert.

Just like Botham Jean's killer and Justine Damond's killer, this guy shouldn't carry a gun. He definitely shouldn't be a cop. He's clearly too jumpy to handle it. Unbelievable.

I hope Joel is at least taken care of now and doesn't have to beg anymore.

The policemen are scared themselves. It is absolutely horrible what is going on - and I feel especially sorry for the victim because he is special needs and has to beg.

Poor guy, wish him speedy recovery.

Yes, they are scared. I get that. But, he is a plain clothes cop and being unaware of what is happening around him is untenable.

I don't think the victim has to beg. I think it is something he does and is well-known in the community for doing.

The policemen are scared themselves.
Then they have no place on the force.

I just read the reply ("Policemen are scared themselves") to my uncle, a detective in a large city who has been a cop since 1989 and those were his exact words in response, delivered immediately. He then explained that if they are scared themselves, they cannot protect and serve others, but endanger them.

Then they have no place on the force.

I just read the reply ("Policemen are scared themselves") to my uncle, a detective in a large city who has been a cop since 1989 and those were his exact words in response, delivered immediately. He then explained that if they are scared themselves, they cannot protect and serve others, but endanger them.

@blankenship, has something changed in policemen’s training since 1989? I once read that insurance companies introduced some clauses into coverage of policemen, and it changed a lot, negatively. (MOO as I don’t have the link). I think we could have a good root-cause analysis why these things are happening now; why is it not done is another issue.

Also, MOO, there are too many guns and too few cameras in the country, in general, so everyone is afraid, and there is no accountability.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back