NY- Police Officer Hired Hit Man to Kill Her Husband and a Young Girl, May 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
Valerie Cincinelli, a New York City police Officer, paid $7,000 and suggested the best ways to kill her estranged husband, and her boyfriend’s daughter, according to a federal complaint.

17COPHIT-popup.jpg

Isaiah Carvalho Jr. woke up on Friday hopeful that his life was about to turn a corner.

Instead, he was told that his estranged wife, a New York City police officer, had been plotting to kill him all winter.

Five months had passed since the 32-year-old had filed for divorce from his wife, Valerie Cincinelli. But after a messy custody battle, the matter appeared almost settled.

It was, but not the way Mr. Carvalho had hoped.

Law enforcement officers informed Mr. Carvalho that Officer Cincinelli, a mother of two and a 12-year veteran of the Police Department, had arranged to hire a hit man to kill him and her current boyfriend’s school-age daughter.

More at link... Police Officer Hired Hit Man to Kill Her Husband and a Young Girl, Officials Say

Copy of the criminal complaint against her:
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...6c921331230acd2b6e7/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

WOW! Likely she'll be convicted, but she'll be released in TEN YEARS (or less). In ten years, she'll be age 44.
https://qns.com/story/2019/05/17/co...for-murder-for-hire-plot-against-her-husband/
Cop formerly assigned to Queens precinct busted by feds for murder-for-hire plot against her husband

This story was updated on May 17 at 5:40 p.m.
[...]
The FBI took Long Island resident Valerie Cincinelli, 34, into custody on May 17 on charges that she allegedly trying to get her current boyfriend to hire a hitman who would kill both her husband and her boyfriend’s young daughter.

The boyfriend wound up reporting her to federal agents who subsequently launched an elaborate sting that sounded like a plot line from a “Law & Order” episode. Law enforcement agents went as far as to send Cincinelli’s boyfriend a text message from a purported hitman — that he showed her shortly before her arrest — with an attached photo of her estranged husband, appearing dead.
[...]
Authorities said the sting that nabbed Cincinelli came to a head at 10:10 a.m. Friday morning, when a detective with the Suffolk County Police Department — acting at the FBI’s direction — visited her at her home and informed her that her estranged husband had been murdered. Her boyfriend was present at the time and wearing a recording device to capture the events.

Almost immediately after the detective departed, federal prosecutors noted, Cincinelli allegedly began discussing her alibi with her boyfriend in the event she were to be formally questioned about her estranged husband’s presumed death.

Nearly 40 minutes later, an FBI agent — posing as the hitman — then sent a text message to Cincinelli’s boyfriend which included a photo of her estranged husband appearing dead, along with a demand for another $3,000 in cash to kill the boyfriend’s daughter. Cincinelli allegedly told her boyfriend to delete the text and photos in case detectives subpoenaed his phone.

Cincinelli was taken into custody a short time later and arraigned on Friday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Central Islip. She was ordered held in custody without bail. If convicted, she faces up to 10 years behind bars.
[...]

OMG I just realized that the CS (confidential source) actually saved his own daughter’s life by going to the cops with this hit. He had no way of knowing that she wanted his daughter dead too! Damn.....
Apparently boyfriend DID know. . .
https://qns.com/story/2019/05/17/co...for-murder-for-hire-plot-against-her-husband/
The boyfriend wound up reporting her to federal agents who subsequently launched an elaborate sting that sounded like a plot line from a “Law & Order” episode. Law enforcement agents went as far as to send Cincinelli’s boyfriend a text message from a purported hitman — that he showed her shortly before her arrest — with an attached photo of her estranged husband, appearing dead.
[...]
In February of this year, according to the criminal complaint, Cincinelli allegedly asked her boyfriend to hire a hitman to kill her estranged, second husband and the boyfriend’s young daughter. The boyfriend told her that he knew someone who would do the deed for $7,000.

NYPD Cop Sought Hitman to Kill Ex and Child: Prosecutors
Updated at 9:28 AM EDT on May 18, 2019
"I haven't seen anything, and until I do I really shouldn't be saying anything," Lou Cincinelli said at his Long Island home. "But I guarentee you my daughter is innocent of this."

How FBI tricked NYPD cop who allegedly paid a hitman in gold coins to whack her estranged husband | Daily Mail Online
UPDATED: 15:30 EDT, 18 May 2019
[...]
According to the NBC4, Cincinelli joined the police department in 2007 and worked out of the Queens 106th Precinct, in Ozone Park.

However, she was stripped of her badge and gun and placed on modified assignment in 2017 following a number of domestic incidents, an official said.

Cinicinelli's father, however, has jumped to his daughter's defense insisting the allegations against her are 'bulls***'.

'They were married, they have a kid together and then they got divorced. There is no way on the planet my daughter would have someone try to murder him. That's nonsense!' he told the Post on Friday.

He also added that his daughter had been 'going out with some wacko who made an allegation against her before that she tried to kill him.'

Refusing to identify the man, he said that he was 'sure' the unnamed partner was behind the allegation.
[...]
Before her demotion, Cincinelli had been an award-winning officer and was even crowned 'Cop of the month' by the Jamaica Rotary in June 2017.
[...]
A graduate of Longwood University, Cincinelli returned to the school in 2016 to be interviewed about her work in the NYPD's domestic violence unit.

'We want kids to like us. That's the next generation; they'll be adults in 10 years. I love kids; they're my soft spot. I feel like I'm making a difference by helping children and their families,' she told the school's alumni magazine.

'Unfortunately, when I say hello to kids out walking with their parents, the parent sometimes says, 'Don't talk to them.' Some parents teach their kids to hate the police.'
[...]

Can someone clarify something? Did he (the boyfriend) know she was trying to have his daughter killed as well?

ETA:

The article says: "Then on May 13, Officer Cincinelli met with her boyfriend to discuss the two hits".

So she thought her boyfriend was cool with having his own daughter killed? No wonder he went to the police and wore a wire.

How does killing your boyfriend's daughter come up in conversation? Were they having Chinese one night and she discussed killing her ex and just brought up killing his DAUGHTER too?

I am baffled.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify something? Did he (the boyfriend) know she was trying to have his daughter killed as well?

ETA:

The article says: "Then on May 13, Officer Cincinelli met with her boyfriend to discuss the two hits".

So she thought her boyfriend was cool with having his own daughter killed? No wonder he went to the police and wore a wire.

How does killing your boyfriend's daughter come up in conversation? Were they having Chinese one night and she discussed killing her ex and just brought up killing his DAUGHTER too?

I am baffled.

I am too. It seems kind of crazy. I assume it was a no strings attached type of thing? But his ex would make more sense unless he was a single dad? It sure sounds like an airtight case though...

ETA:

I am baffled.
This actually causes her Dad’s accusations against the boyfriend to give me pause. It would be a good case for a podcaster to take on.

NYPD officer accused of ordering hit on her husband and teen girl
MAY 20, 2019 / 1:45 PM / CBS/AP
[...]
"My heart is destroyed," the boyfriend, John DiRubba, 54, told the paper. "I can't even think straight now. I can't come to terms that a mother of two, a police officer . . . wanted to harm my daughter."

DiRubba said he pretended to go along with Cincinelli's plan, but instead went to authorities. But speaking to CBS New York, Cincinelli's father called the boyfriend a "wacko psycho."

"There's no doubt that he manipulated multiple conversations to come up with his statements," Lou Cincinelli said. "He's very smart, but he's a pathological liar and there's something wrong with his brain."
[...]
Cincinelli cried as she appeared before a federal judge in Central Islip Friday afternoon, the station reports. Her legal aid attorney argued for bail, citing 12 years with the NYPD, but the judge reportedly ordered Cincinelli held, citing very strong evidence of guilt in the case.

Eastern District of New York - LIVE Database 1.2 (Revision 1.2.0.6)-Query
2:19-mj-00474-AYS USA v. Cincinelli filed 05/17/19

U.S. District Court
Eastern District of New York (Central Islip)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:19-mj-00474-AYS-1

Case title: USA v. Cincinelli
Date Filed: 05/17/2019
Assigned to: Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields

Defendant (1)
Valerie Cincinelli

Pending Counts
None

Highest Offense Level (Opening)
None

Terminated Counts
None

Highest Offense Level (Terminated)
None

Complaints
18:1958(a)and (2)

Date Filed # Docket Text
05/17/2019 1 COMPLAINT as to Valerie Cincinelli (1). (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/17/2019)

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/the-t...d-murder-for-hire-plot-thats-rocked-the-nypd/
The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
May 18, 2019 | 10:16pm | UpdatedMay 19, 2019 | 1:42am
[...]
Chillingly, in March 2018, Cincinelli allegedly threatened DiRubba, telling him: “I hope your daughter dies,” according to documents from a now sealed Queens criminal case, cited by Black Star News.

Cincinelli was accused of calling DiRubba on the phone in violation of an order of protection from Queens Family Court, and was arrested for second degree aggravated harassment and criminal contempt in the first degree, the outlet reported at the time.

“You ruined my life. You’ll see what happens to you,” she allegedly shouted, according to the documents cited. “You better keep your mouth shut. I hope your daughter dies.”

DiRubba has an open felony grand larceny case in Manhattan, and his rap sheet includes a 2008 plea deal from Bergen County, NJ, on a charge of receiving stolen property, records show.

The wire-wearing beau paid Cincinelli’s bills and car payments, sources told The Post.
[...]

The boyfriend seems sketch to me too. What a twisted situation.

Yea. These cases like this get a little touchy because "entrapment" becomes a possible defense depending on how much the undercover or wired people force the issue or not.

IMO only
My guess is the BF probably encouraged her or maybe even had the idea to begin with to have her ex knocked off and she went along with it.

The kicker is if she totally went along with the plans and started to participate in the planning and attempted carrying out of the hit then Im sorry but its her own fault at that point. She becomes guilty in my eyes because she could have just objected and said "No" to everything and she should have gone to police herself to turn in the BF if it was his idea to begin with.

Once she started to actively participate then its her own fault at that point IMO.

The defense will most likely try to use some form of entrapment defense.

"The key aspect of entrapment is this: Government agents do not entrap defendants simply by offering them an opportunity to commit a crime. Judges expect people to resist any ordinary temptation to violate the law."

What is entrapment?

Last edited:
Yea. These cases like this get a little touchy because "entrapment" becomes a possible defense depending on how much the undercover or wired people force the issue or not.

IMO only
My guess is the BF probably encouraged her or maybe even had the idea to begin with to have her ex knocked off and she went along with it.

The kicker is if she totally went along with the plans and started to participate in the planning and attempted carrying out of the hit then Im sorry but its her own fault at that point. She becomes guilty in my eyes because she could have just objected and said "No" to everything and she should have gone to police herself to turn in the BF if it was his idea to begin with.

Once she started to actively participate then its her own fault at that point IMO.

The defense will most likely try to use some form of entrapment defense.

"The key aspect of entrapment is this: Government agents do not entrap defendants simply by offering them an opportunity to commit a crime. Judges expect people to resist any ordinary temptation to violate the law."

What is entrapment?

My gut instinct is that it was her plan from the get go, not his. But what really gets me about the boyfriend is that after VC took out the $7,000 cash to hire the hitman, the bf took it further and exchanged the cash for gold coins to pay the hitman. That makes no sense to me. Why would he take that next step towards hiring the hitman if he was only "pretending" to go along with VCs plan?

Preliminary Hearing set for 5/31/19
05/17/2019 - PERMANENT ORDER OF DETENTION as to Valerie Cincinelli.
05/17/2019 - Medical Evaluation Order as to Valerie Cincinelli.

Eastern District of New York - LIVE Database 1.2 (Revision 1.2.0.6)-login
U.S. District Court
Eastern District of New York (Central Islip)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:19-mj-00474-AYS-1

Case title: USA v. Cincinelli
Date Filed: 05/17/2019
Assigned to: Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields

Defendant (1)
Valerie Cincinelli

Date Filed # Docket Text
05/17/2019 1 COMPLAINT as to Valerie Cincinelli (1). (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/17/2019)
05/17/2019 2 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields:Arraignment and Initial Appearance as to Valerie Cincinelli (1) Count Complaint held on 5/17/2019. Defendant preset with Federal Defender Tracey Gaffey. AUSA: Catherine Mirabile. Preliminary Hearing set for 5/31/19 before the Magistrate Judge on Duty. Permanent Order of Detention entered for defendant. Defendant remains in custody. (FTR Log #4:42-4:59.) (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/22/2019)
05/17/2019 3 CJA 23 Financial Affidavit by Valerie Cincinelli (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/22/2019)
05/17/2019 4 ORDER APPOINTING FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER as to Valerie Cincinelli. Tracey E. Gaffey for Valerie Cincinelli appointed for arraignment purposes only. Ordered by Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields on 5/17/2019. (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/22/2019)
05/17/2019 5 PERMANENT ORDER OF DETENTION as to Valerie Cincinelli.Signed by Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields on 5/17/2019. (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/22/2019)
05/17/2019 6 Medical Evaluation Order as to Valerie Cincinelli. Signed by Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields on 5/17/2019. (Torres, Jasmine) (Entered: 05/22/2019)
05/24/2019 7 NOTICE OF FILING OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings as to Valerie Cincinelli held on May 17, 2019, before Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields. Transcriber Transcriptions Plus II, Inc., Telephone number 917-945-1549. Email address: laferrara44@gmail.com. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased through the Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 6/14/2019. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 6/24/2019. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 8/22/2019. (Cox, Dwayne) (Entered: 05/24/2019)
05/24/2019 8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: James Kousouros appearing for Valerie Cincinelli (Kousouros, James) (Entered: 05/24/2019)

. . . maximum of 40 years behind bars
Federal jury indicts former Queens cop in murder-for-hire plot to kill estranged husband and boyfriend's girl - QNS.com
May 30, 2019 / 2:30 PM
A disgraced officer formerly assigned to Ozone Park’s 106th Precinct has been indicted on federal charges that she allegedly attempted to hire a hitman to kill her estranged husband and her boyfriend’s young daughter.

Valerie Cincinelli, 34, was arrested back on May 17 in a sting operation at her Long Island home, the climax of a four-month investigation after her boyfriend tipped off federal agents to the plot.

On May 29, a federal grand jury in Central Islip returned a three-count indictment charging Cincinelli with two counts of murder for hire and a count of obstruction of justice. She will likely be arraigned tomorrow on the indictment in federal court, May 31, according to sources familiar with the case.

If convicted of the charges, she could face a maximum of 40 years behind bars, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York indicated.

According to the original criminal complaint, the twice-married Cincinelli had a “volatile history” with her boyfriend and her two former husbands, both of whom had sought orders of protection against her.
[...]

NYPD officer pleads not guilty in alleged plot to kill husband, boyfriend's daughter
Friday, May 31, 2019
CENTRAL ISLIP, Long Island (WABC) -- An NYPD police officer indicted by a federal grand jury for allegedly plotting to kill both her estranged husband and the daughter of her boyfriend pleaded not guilty in court on Long Island Friday.

Valerie Cincinelli, 34, of Oceanside, was arraigned on two counts of murder-for-hire and one count of obstruction of justice after her indictment was unsealed at US District Court in Central Islip.

She was tearful throughout the proceeding, which lasted 10 minutes.

Her lawyer entered the plea and she spoke just once, saying, "Yes sir," when the judge asked if she understood the charges against her.
[...]
Cincinelli remains in custody without bail, and her attorney said he will make a bail application at a future date.
[...]
The 12-year veteran has been suspended without pay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back