Found Safe IN - Shayden Howard, 14, Garrett, *May be with Adult Male* 6 May 2019 *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
May 16, 2019

GARRETT, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) – Garrett Police are searching for a 14-year-old boy who has been missing for 10 days.

Shayden Howard was last seen on May 6 in Garrett.

He is described as 6 feet 1 inch tall with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Authorities believe he may still be in the local area or he may attempt to travel to Fort Wayne.

Shayden may also be in the company of an adult male.

Police searching for teen missing from Garrett

BBM

GARRETT, Ind. (WTHR) - A Statewide Silver Alert has been declared.

The Garrett Police Department is investigating the disappearance of Shayden Drew Howard, a 14 year old white male, 6 feet 1 inch tall, 195 pounds, blond hair with blue eyes, and last seen wearing a black sweatshirt, jeans, and black tennis shoes. Shayden could be in the company of an adult white male.

Shayden is missing from Garrett, Indiana which is 141 miles northeast of Indianapolis and was last seen on Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:30 am. He is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance.

Silver Alert issued for NE Indiana teen missing since May 6

BBM

While there have been reports of Shayden traveling to California, police said it is strongly believed he is still in the area. He may be in the company of an adult white male.

Police said anyone who sees Shayden should not approach him, but instead should call 911 and notify police immediately. Anyone who has information regarding Shayden, please contact the Garrett Police Department at 357-5151.

Garrett police seek missing teenager

BBM. I never know what that implies when it says that. Is he dangerous? Mentally unstable? Likely to run if approached? :confused: :(

Last edited:
View attachment 184889
I wish they would give more details what they mean by “extreme danger” and “medical assistance”..
Yeah, comments under the Facebook posts don't provide much more info. On Shaydens FB page he states he wants to go in the Navy. I think young boys will generally stay out of big trouble if their goal is military service. At least the ones I’ve known have. That’s why this situation does not seem to be a typical runaway to me. Somethings wrong when an adult male takes off with a younger boy.

6'1 and 195 lbs. is quite tall/big for a 14 year old....he also looks to be a bit older in the posted photos. I'm wondering if the adult male he is believed to be with is perhaps a young adult friend of his? It's not uncommon for kids who look older to hang with older crowds.

Perhaps this particular friend is not a good influence or has been in trouble with the law in the past and that is the reason for believing Shayden is in extreme danger? Looks older, possibly even SEEMS to be mature for his age hence possibly much older peers, but 14 is still just 14, barely a teenager and easily influenced by "friends"

Just throwing out thoughts/possible theory. Neither option would be good, but am hoping he's with older friends making bad decisions than the alternative thought, which is that the adult male is a much older adult and has him for nefarious reasons.

No mention of it being his dad or another relative, so that's the only other place my mind goes

When i was 14 I was hanging out with 17-19 year olds... looking back it sounds less than ideal but at the time it was an ego boost and made me feel smart and mature, and I wasn’t being used. Hopefully it’s a similar situation.. maybe he and his friend did something illegal and took off before they got caught hence the warning to call 911 instead of confrontation.. One can hope it’s something more simple and not as ill-intentioned as our minds can go to very dark places with some of these...:confused:

Great news! Quoting from the above link:

"DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WPTA21) — We’re getting new details from police about how a missing 14-year-old boy from Garrett was found safe in Tennessee.

Police say officers in Hamilton County, Tenn. arrested 36-year-old Larry Taylor last night on a charge of public intoxication. When officers called the DeKalb County Prosecutor to ask about Taylor’s criminal history, they realized there was a Silver Alert for the teen who officers found with Taylor – Shayden Howard.

Taylor now faces a preliminary charge of kidnapping."

SH looks really happy too! I wonder why he was taken to the hospital, though. I hope he wasn't harmed by the who kidnapped him. :mad:

MOO.
It’s probably standard procedure. I’m glad they did though because it means he had a safe place to speak freely to the people who could help him. Evidence was collected I’m sure. It does say more charges are pending which makes me wonder if the perp was trying to traffic him or force him to sell drugs.

The Chattanooga police officer who helped find a kidnapped teenager from Indiana says he did not know the teen was reported missing.

Indiana State Police issued a Silver Alert for 14-year-old Shayden Howard on May 16. That alert mentioned Howard could be with an adult white man, and that he was believed to be in extreme danger.

Officer Jason Clemons says he found Howard at a park intoxicated with 37-year-old Larry Taylor and 51-year-old Charles Pope.

More at CPD officer says it was a miracle a kidnapped teen from Indiana was found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back