OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that his parents have not been vocal speaks volumes...he is an only child and if it was my child I would be beyond vocal. There is an obvious reason for their silence ....

I agree that it seems strange but at the same time...I am close to someone who has not had a close relationship with either parent as an only child and they didn't become closer even when grandchildren arrived. I can't picture these people begging for help on TV. TD's parents might be super warm and loving and upset for their son and desperate for answers and a very close family. I was just offering something out of the norm that I've experienced personally. No disrespect to TD's family intended.

Last edited:
I agree that it seems strange but at the same time...I am close to someone who has not had a close relationship with either parent as an only child and they didn't become closer even when grandchildren arrived. I can't picture these people begging for help on TV. TD's parents might be super warm and loving and upset for their son and desperate for answers and a very close family. I was just offering something out of the norm that I've experienced personally. No disrespect to TD's family intended.

I wonder how many missing person cases where parents do NOT reach out vs the ones that do seek out the media? I guess I have no idea what is considered normal in this case.

I find it hard to believe there isn't more to this story. L.E. has not confirmed a single thing from version of events we as the public have all been given. To me that speaks volumes.
My thoughts exactly. Everyone keeps saying the wife and the friend have been checkout and "cleared". That is not true! The police have never officially cleared anyone. The only one that has said they are cleared is the wife herself. Everything we are going on comes from the wife's account of the night. The fact that the police haven't made any statements at all does make me think there is more at play here than what we have been told.

This missing's person case seems odd to me. LE has not commented publicly about it. His parents are silent. His wife is combative.
His best friend, the last one allegedly to see him alive is also silent.
Does anyone know what is normal procedures in a missing person's case?

This missing's person case seems odd to me. LE has not commented publicly about it. His parents are silent. His wife is combative.
His best friend, the last one allegedly to see him alive is also silent.
Does anyone know what is normal procedures in a missing person's case?

Is his wife combative? Her mother is questionable where the treatment of others is concerned but I haven't really seen anything bad about the wife.

The best friend has not spoken publicly BUT he has talked to the host of True Crime Garage. The lead detective also told the host that the friend was being cooperative.

Allegedly, LE doesn't want the family releasing any more details and doesn't want too much public attention given to the case out of fear it will add to a lot of false leads. Maybe LE already has a fairly good idea of what happened and is working on the case in a way that the public is unlikely to be able to help.

Is his wife combative? Her mother is questionable where the treatment of others is concerned but I haven't really seen anything bad about the wife.

The best friend has not spoken publicly BUT he has talked to the host of True Crime Garage. The lead detective also told the host that the friend was being cooperative.

Allegedly, LE doesn't want the family releasing any more details and doesn't want too much public attention given to the case out of fear it will add to a lot of false leads. Maybe LE already has a fairly good idea of what happened and is working on the case in a way that the public is unlikely to be able to help.

If LE asked them NOT to speak out I understand. I wish them luck and hope he is found quickly.

I think there’s a lot of evidence that contradicts the public story that has been told, and police aren’t going to let anyone know what they have. It’s gotta be driving certain people crazy that their narrative of the night hasn’t been taken as gospel.

I think there’s a lot of evidence that contradicts the public story that has been told, and police aren’t going to let anyone know what they have. It’s gotta be driving certain people crazy that their narrative of the night hasn’t been taken as gospel.
Why do you think this?

After the Jayme Closs case, where people thought LE was keeping things close to vest I doubt silence means they know more. In Jayme's case the suspect wasn't even on the radar.
And I'm also not convinced they have a lot in the Delphi case.
Here there is total silence. And personally I don't think they have anything.

It has been said that Tyler and his wife met his parents not far away from Easton and had lunch with them that same day they checked into the Hilton. Also, the parents were watching the baby over night while Tyler was at Easton so I am guessing they had a good relationship...hence not doing interviews and getting the story out there seems off at least to me...

Ty for this detailed overview of the area. It is very helpful.

I don’t have any facts to contribute, but I do keep coming back to the
trip to the DollHouse. Something about that final destination bothers me.

I happened to recall a very serious incident that occurred years ago at the Dollhouse. I went to the public library and looked at old Columbus newspaper articles which verified what I had remembered.

The Columbus Dispatch reported in their Sunday morning newspaper on February 9, 2003 that at around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday February 8, 2003, a shooting incident occurred in the parking lot at the Dollhouse.

A 17 year old male youth was killed and a 23 year old man was critically wounded in the shooting. Both shooting victims had multiple gun shot wounds to their upper bodies, and were also associated with a cross town gang leader from the south side of Columbus. And at the time of the double shooting, the 23 year old shooting victim was awaiting trial on a pending felony drug possession charge.

The person who shot both shooting victims was arrested, and charged with murder and felonious assault in connection with the double shooting at the Dollhouse.

And two days prior to the double shooting at the Dollhouse on February 8, 2003, the south side gang leader had just been sentenced to death by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court for the January 2002 fatal shooting of a 21 year old Ohio State University male college student who was an innocent bystander that got caught in the cross fire of a gang related gunfight in the parking lot of Dockside Dolls.

Dockside Dolls used to be a former strip club on Route 161 (Dublin Granville Road) and was half a mile away from the Dollhouse.

Dockside Dolls was permanently shut down ten years ago after being declared a public nuisance due to numerous police and paramedic runs that were dispatched to the former strip club.

Does anyone watch the Brain Scratcher video about Tyler?
He thinks the best friend leaving Brittany to try to find Tyler on her own was odd. (doesn't make him guilty but it's kinda odd) So far the best friend was the last one to see Tyler.

Does anyone watch the Brain Scratcher video about Tyler?
He thinks the best friend leaving Brittany to try to find Tyler on her own was odd. (doesn't make him guilty but it's kinda odd) So far the best friend was the last one to see Tyler.

It IS odd. I’ve thought that all along, too. In light of that, people make crappy judgments all the time when they’re intoxicated and/or on drugs. Who knows what he was thinking. And I don’t think we’ve ever been told why. I keep being pulled between accident and foul play. Without any further info, we just have no way to answer that. Bless, I hope he’s found soon, along with the truth as to what happened to him. jmo

Why do you think this?

After the Jayme Closs case, where people thought LE was keeping things close to vest I doubt silence means they know more. In Jayme's case the suspect wasn't even on the radar.
And I'm also not convinced they have a lot in the Delphi case.
Here there is total silence. And personally I don't think they have anything.
I don’t necessarily think the police have a lot of info, but I think what info they do have contradicts the story that has been told.

Supposedly there is video of the friend going after Tyler, but if the friend was following Tyler, why wasn’t there video of Tyler?

Lots of gaps in the most crucial time period yet so many details in all the time leading up to when he disappeared.

To be clear, I’m not saying I think his wife or friend did anything to him, but I think him walking off was more than just him being mad because he got woken up. The most likely scenario is that once he walked off because he was mad, there was an accident of some kind. But I think there was something on the shady side happening that made him mad in the first place, and either the police or his wife don’t want that info released.

Maybe he really was just mad that he got woken up. I’ve never known anyone who goes into a rage from that, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

I think he’s most likely deceased, and I wish they could find him before it’s completely too late to determine a cause of death and gather evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07