MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #3

(More pictures of Mya and the area at the link below)

It’s been five years since Myra Lewis, a Madison County toddler, went missing.

“It’s never been a cold case, and as long as I’m here, it never will be,” Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker said.
Advertisement
Two-year-old Myra disappeared from her family’s home in Camden on March 1, 2014. Five years later, there’s still no trace of her.

“Leads were followed, interviews were done,” Tucker said. “It’s extremely frustrating that five years later, I have to stand here and tell you that we’re no closer to finding Myra than we were that day.”

The house on Mount Pilgrim Road where Myra was last seen now sits empty. It was abandoned by her family, who also seems to have disappeared. Tucker said the family does not check in with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.

“We’ve tried to maintain contact with them,” Tucker said. “We don’t have any way to contact them at this point. They’ve moved away (and) didn’t provide a forwarding phone number or address or anything of that nature.”

During the height of the March 2014 search for Myra, the sheriff said volunteers covered almost a 5-mile area around the home. Eagle Eye 16 shows what it looks like today. There’s nothing but trees and an open area around the house. Across the street, a pond is surrounded by trees and brush. It’s the same all around the area.

“We had helicopters, dogs, men and women on foot, volunteers from the community, every law enforcement agency that you can think of. It was an exhaustive search,” Tucker said.

But the main focus was the family home where Myra was reported missing.

“It seems as though she vanished into thin air,” Tucker said. “The dog initially picked up her scent here in the yard of the residence, up until about this fenced area right here, and that was it.”

For Tucker, there’s one thing about the case that stays on his mind.

“The first picture that I saw of Myra is what I think sticks out in my head the most. You had this little girl -- (she’s) precious. Her smile was just infectious,” Tucker said.

Tucker believes someone out there knows what happened to Myra. An age-progressed photo shows what she would look like today.

myra-lewis-age-progression-1558021024.jpg

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Myra Lewis age progression

“I would like to take this opportunity to ask if there’s anybody that has information, however insignificant they feel it is, we’ve still got the puzzle laid out. We just need that one piece that completes that puzzle for us,” Tucker said.

Anyone with information that can help Madison County investigators with the case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department or Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS (8477).

Follow this story to get instant e-mail alerts from WAPT on the latest developments and related topics.

Myra Lewis case frustrates sheriff 5 years after toddler’s disappearance

The house on Mount Pilgrim Road where Myra was last seen now sits empty. It was abandoned by her family, who also seems to have disappeared. Tucker said the family does not check in with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.

“We’ve tried to maintain contact with them,” Tucker said. “We don’t have any way to contact them at this point. They’ve moved away (and) didn’t provide a forwarding phone number or address or anything of that nature.”

Tucker believes someone out there knows what happened to Myra. An age-progressed photo shows what she would look like today.

Snipped by me

Ho-ly COW. I am gobsmacked.

It’s been five years since Myra Lewis, a Madison County toddler, went missing.

“It’s never been a cold case, and as long as I’m here, it never will be,” Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker said.
Advertisement
Two-year-old Myra disappeared from her family’s home in Camden on March 1, 2014. Five years later, there’s still no trace of her.

“Leads were followed, interviews were done,” Tucker said. “It’s extremely frustrating that five years later, I have to stand here and tell you that we’re no closer to finding Myra than we were that day.”

During the height of the March 2014 search for Myra, the sheriff said volunteers covered almost a 5-mile area around the home. Eagle Eye 16 shows what it looks like today. There’s nothing but trees and an open area around the house. Across the street, a pond is surrounded by trees and brush. It’s the same all around the area.

“We had helicopters, dogs, men and women on foot, volunteers from the community, every law enforcement agency that you can think of. It was an exhaustive search,” Tucker said.

But the main focus was the family home where Myra was reported missing.

“It seems as though she vanished into thin air,” Tucker said. “The dog initially picked up her scent here in the yard of the residence, up until about this fenced area right here, and that was it.”

For Tucker, there’s one thing about the case that stays on his mind.

“The first picture that I saw of Myra is what I think sticks out in my head the most. You had this little girl -- (she’s) precious. Her smile was just infectious,” Tucker said.

“I would like to take this opportunity to ask if there’s anybody that has information, however insignificant they feel it is, we’ve still got the puzzle laid out. We just need that one piece that completes that puzzle for us,” Tucker said.

Anyone with information that can help Madison County investigators with the case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department or Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS (8477).

Follow this story to get instant e-mail alerts from WAPT on the latest developments and related topics.

I wonder if that includes the grandmother, who lived next door. A little snooping suggests the family, including her, were the owners of the nearly 20-acre property where Myra disappeared and are all currently in Lexington MS.

Since no trace was ever found past the driveway it means either Myra was taken somewhere by car or she's still on the property. I wish LE would try a search using ground-penetrating radar. I know it's a vast area but I'm not convinced Myra ever left the yard.

I wonder if that includes the grandmother, who lived next door. A little snooping suggests the family, including her, were the owners of the nearly 20-acre property where Myra disappeared and are all currently in Lexington MS.

Since no trace was ever found past the driveway it means either Myra was taken somewhere by car or she's still on the property. I wish LE would try a search using ground-penetrating radar. I know it's a vast area but I'm not convinced Myra ever left the yard.
BBM

Great question.

I am with you on all counts, too.

@MsMarple , are you familiar with the area around Lexington, MS. :oops:

It's been 8 years... and we still know nothing more than we knew the day she went missing.

SOMEONE KNOWS.

Where is Myra?????

Hypothetically comments on social media from certain "people" to people to let it go, mind your business, this was 3 or 4 years ago etc. etc. JMO IMO and all that jazz.

Myra Rena Lewis – The Charley Project

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks