Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video in the article includes CD and BB inside the courthouse.

'You didn't protect her:' Protesters gather again as family seeks new home for Maleah Davis' siblings
Family members of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing now for 22 days, are trying to find Maleah's siblings a new home after her mother's ex-fiance Darion Vence was arrested and charged in her disappearance.

Wednesday morning, Maleah's family appeared for a CPS hearing in downtown Houston. They and attorneys have been ordered not to talk about the case.

Her mother, Brittany Bowens, was inside the courthouse as protesters gathered there a second time.

[...]

Protesters say they plan to be at every hearing and court appearance.

"Please tell me why a man involved with the disappearance of Maleah won't be deleted off your page," another user said.

The response from Brittany's page: "No not yet until I find out."

Whaaaaaatttt?
She's accused him of being gay, a pedophile and thinks he's involved in her daughter's murder for the love of cheese!
I mean, when they find those 3 kidnappers, she can always just repost his stuff and go back to trying to build some sort of 'career' on Instagram.

She was posting about the purpose of Maleah's death!
But she wants to wait until she 'finds out'?

She's the offest of off. The most offiest. WTH.

Maybe she was instructed by LE, an attorney or her hired cheerleader to NOT delete anything DV may have texted, emailed or posted on her social media? Perhaps she has to wait to "find out" if she can delete. I would be hesitant to delete anything too if there is an ongoing investigation and pending court case regarding my daughter.

*For a victim friendly site there is sure a lot of judgement regarding this mother. As of right now she has not been named a POI or charged with anything so as far as I am concerned at this moment she is also a victim. I am not saying she is winning any mother of the year awards but even crappy mothers can love their children. Not all crappy mothers kill their children. She was neglectful and self absorbed which is why she allowed DV in her home and daughter's life but lots of women make similar mistakes with terrible boyfriends and their kids don't end up missing or murdered.

yep. All those things. And that would all be very normal. Something is not right about any of these people. But we already knew that, didn’t we? I just want to know where that baby is and who is responsible. JMO
Did anyone on here confirm the drop off car and BB car were not the same car but very similar?
No, I have not heard anything about the car being different than BB's car that was reported by DV to be stolen. I thought LE said it was the same car. Has MSM reported anything other than that?

Last edited:
WTH?
The same judge that ordered Maleah back to a abusive home.
Well if that's not a blatant conflict of the best interest of child/children, I don't know what is.
How ?, Why?
The same judge.
SMDH
MOO
This same judge received plenty of heat when MD went missing. Hopefully, she will do the right thing this time for the sake of the remaining children. However, it's too late for poor MD.. I'm sure that decision haunts her a little.

Maleah Davis custody hearing handled behind closed doors
Family members met with an attorney behind closed doors Wednesday in a downtown Houston courtroom, where a hearing related to the custody of Maleah Davis and her older brother was scheduled to take place.

That hearing did not happen -- at least not within public view at the scheduled time Wednesday morning in state District Judge Gloria Lopez's courtroom. The judge has imposed a gag order, so attorneys and family members declined to comment.

[...]

Maleah's maternal grandmother, Brenda Bowens, filed an emergency request asking that the state Department of Family and Protective Services move Maleah -- if she was found -- and her brother into Bowens' care. Maleah's older brother was placed with another relative after her disappearance, according to the request.

The court date was originally set when the Department of Family and Protective Services sought to be dismissed from the case, returning the children to their family's care. Both had been removed from their parents' custody in August 2018, after Maleah suffered what was described as a traumatic and unexplained brain injury.

[...]

Do we know why the baby wasn't included in this hearing?

Maybe she was instructed by LE, an attorney or her hired cheerleader to NOT delete anything DV may have texted, emailed or posted on her social media? Perhaps she has to wait to "find out" if she can delete. I would be hesitant to delete anything too if there is an ongoing investigation and pending court case regarding my daughter.

*For a victim friendly site there is sure a lot of judgement regarding this mother. As of right now she has not been named a POI or charged with anything so as far as I am concerned at this moment she is also a victim. I am not saying she is winning any mother of the year awards but even crappy mothers can love their children. Not all crappy mothers kill their children. She was neglectful and self absorbed which is why she allowed DV in her home and daughter's life but lots of women make similar mistakes with terrible boyfriends and their kids don't end up missing or murdered.

I won't deny that is a possibility (re: the deletion). I don't think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.

If you feel my post is inappropriate, please report it for mods to review.

No, I have not heard anything about the car being different than the car that was reported stolen by the kidnappers. I thought LE said it was the same car. Had MSM reported anything other than that?
The Criminal Complaint states that the video was shown to BB who confirmed that the car seen dropping DV off at the hospital is her vehicle. MOO
Do we know why the baby wasn't included in this hearing?
No idea except different father? (Who is in jail, of course...) MOO

According to BB, it was in the midst of her trying to get into her apartment on Saturday morning. See video below. I haven't heard a specific time. MOO

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Maleah Davis' mother receives criticism for not deleting Instagram posts of ex-fiance Derion Vence: VIDEO
9:32 AM - 22 May 2019

At 1:50 in the video- BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to break into the house because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report.
So that means:

The brother filed a missing person report on DV on Sunday morning? When DV had only been out of contact for about 36 hours? And he got a phone call Saturday night from the hospital? Sure, makes sense.

Maleah Davis custody hearing handled behind closed doors
Family members met with an attorney behind closed doors Wednesday in a downtown Houston courtroom, where a hearing related to the custody of Maleah Davis and her older brother was scheduled to take place.

That hearing did not happen -- at least not within public view at the scheduled time Wednesday morning in state District Judge Gloria Lopez's courtroom. The judge has imposed a gag order, so attorneys and family members declined to comment.

[...]

Maleah's maternal grandmother, Brenda Bowens, filed an emergency request asking that the state Department of Family and Protective Services move Maleah -- if she was found -- and her brother into Bowens' care. Maleah's older brother was placed with another relative after her disappearance, according to the request.

The court date was originally set when the Department of Family and Protective Services sought to be dismissed from the case, returning the children to their family's care. Both had been removed from their parents' custody in August 2018, after Maleah suffered what was described as a traumatic and unexplained brain injury.

[...]
Strange to me that a grandmother would ask for custody of one son but not the other.

According to BB, it was in the midst of her trying to get into her apartment on Saturday morning. See video below. I haven't heard a specific time. MOO

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Maleah Davis' mother receives criticism for not deleting Instagram posts of ex-fiance Derion Vence: VIDEO
9:32 AM - 22 May 2019

At 1:50 in the video- BB says she called the emergency hotline to get the maintenance man to break into the house because she didn't have a key. In the midst of her doing that, DV's brother filed the missing person's report.
So that means:

The brother filed a missing person report on DV on Sunday morning? When DV had only been out of contact for about 36 hours? And he got a phone call Saturday night from the hospital? Sure, makes sense.
No, BB said DV's brother filed the report Saturday morning in the midst of her trying to get into the apartment. See video in tweet above.

So, I think what she's saying is he reported DV missing and Maleah wasn't reported missing until DV showed up at the hospital Saturday night? Maybe?

But supposedly, BB and BB2 filed the missing reports (the three forms) earlier on Saturday? :eek: MOO

"Please tell me why a man involved with the disappearance of Maleah won't be deleted off your page," another user said.

The response from Brittany's page: "No not yet until I find out."

Whaaaaaatttt?
She's accused him of being gay, a pedophile and thinks he's involved in her daughter's murder for the love of cheese!
I mean, when they find those 3 kidnappers, she can always just repost his stuff and go back to trying to build some sort of 'career' on Instagram.

She was posting about the purpose of Maleah's death!
But she wants to wait until she 'finds out'?

She's the offest of off. The most offiest. WTH.
I think that comment is very telling. She has stated that she wanted to believe his story at first because it would be better than thinking Maleah might be dead.
In the most recent interviews, she seems to have accepted the fact that she is dead. She is not calling on people to find her missing daughter. She has made it clear that she stopped believing his story within days of him being released from the hospital.
And now she is saying she doesn't want to take his pictures down until she "finds out?" What about not giving up the hope that she is alive until she finds out? It is natural and very common to be in denial because you want your child to be alive.
The waiting until she "finds out" should have been made in the context of hoping her daughter is found alive. Instead that's her answer to why his pictures are still posted on her Instagram.
Imo

Last edited:
Strange to me that a grandmother would ask for custody of one son but not the other.
If I had to guess it would be because they have different fathers. I doubt BB2 wants to (or can) coordinate and interact with DV's family in order to exchange the child. It is probably easier and safer (both emotionally and legally) if she does not have to interact with DV's family members who probably want the baby to be with them. Not saying the baby will be safer with them but I can't imagine them having courteous and civilized interactions if they needed to have drop offs or split time caring for the baby.

This same judge received plenty of heat when MD went missing. Hopefully, she will do the right thing this time for the sake of the remaining children. However, it's too late for poor MD.. I'm sure that decision haunts her a little.
She should recuse herself, or someone higher than her should remove her from the case. The fox guarding the henhouse.
Unbelievable.
MOO

Bumping Tricia's post from the beginning of this thread.

Hey Everyone,

We all saw this coming but it still rips your heart out. Sweet little Maleah never had a chance with the monster her mother let live with them.

We have been asked to give guidance to this thread as far as what can be discussed.

If you new here then please note you can discuss what is being reported on in the mainstream media. Also, discuss what Maleah's mom has stated, and you can offer your opinion as to what happened to Maleah but you cannot randomly accuse family members, neighbors, or anyone who has not been named as a person of interest. Maleah's step-father is the only person of interest so far. However, Maleah's mom is under the media spotlight because we all want to know what she knew about or if she knew about what was going on with her husband and her daughter. You can certainly speculate on what the mother knew but please do not go crazy with unfounded accusations against the mom until we know more.

Thank you,
Tricia

Hope this helps

So this was posted on SM but these links are MSM.

Stefania Okolie on Twitter

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/cops-find-car-reported-stolen-during-abduction-of-4-year-old-maleah-davis/amp/?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

Maleah Davis search suspended in southwest Houston due to weather | abc13.com

Police arrest stepfather of 4-year-old Maleah Davis

I can’t verify when those middle two photos were taken but that one at the bottom is definitely when the car was located and it had the front plate. Am I nuts? I don’t see one on the car from the hospital.

I actually do believe the front bumpers seem slightly different. Maybe the angle? And the plate would have had to been removed from the front. That doesn’t match. MOO

Last edited:
So this was posted on SM but these links are MSM.

Stefania Okolie on Twitter

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/cops-find-car-reported-stolen-during-abduction-of-4-year-old-maleah-davis/amp/?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

Maleah Davis search suspended in southwest Houston due to weather | abc13.com

I actually do believe the front bumpers seem slightly different. Maybe the angle? And the plate would have had to been removed from the front. That doesn’t match. MOO
I'm sure LE Knows what car it is. If not matched by liscence plate the VIN will tell.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member