Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure they do too but until I saw this I assumed it was BBs car. Now I’m not so sure. I’m not sure what that means but I’d be interested to know who else has a similar car, if anyone, in the family. JMO

Those gray or silver Altimas are a very common vehicle. I have a gray one, and I've come out of a store to find four identical cars in a row.

Those gray or silver Altimas are a very common vehicle. I have a gray one, and I've come out of a store to find four identical cars in a row.
Yep. I have a white one. That’s why I took notice. I think I would have an awful time telling mine from another similar one in a blurry black and white photo.

If I had to guess it would be because they have different fathers. I doubt BB2 wants to (or can) coordinate and interact with DV's family in order to exchange the child. It is probably easier and safer (both emotionally and legally) if she does not have to interact with DV's family members who probably want the baby to be with them. Not saying the baby will be safer with them but I can't imagine them having courteous and civilized interactions if they needed to have drop offs or split time caring for the baby.
The younger son (who she is seeking custody of) is DV’s son. Maybe she thinks the older son is safe with his auntie?

So I’m drawing from personal experience. My son wasn’t taken or abused but died when he was a week old. I was heartbroken and devastated and couldn’t go to work for months. I most certainly didn’t use SM. Even though I wasn’t at fault in any way at all, I felt intense guilt as a MOTHER for not being able to save him or protect him from death. I was distraught and ashamed for being a “horrible” mom. I never abused my kid. I never would have let anyone hurt him and I hated myself for failing him. I loved him more than anything. I would have died for him. My face was chapped from crying after about a day bc I couldn’t stop the tears. My teeth ached from the sadness. It was real. Not an expression. Real physical pain. IMO I haven’t seen that from anyone involved. Makeup and social media? I don’t see how. I know people all react differently but pain is pain. Loss is loss. MOO I want to see some real emotion bc trying hard to work up tears for the camera is hard for me to watch. JMO I want nothing more than for this kidnapping story to be real but I think we all know how likely that is. So the SM posts are just par for the course in this case.

I’m so sorry you lost your son.

No, I have not heard anything about the car being different than BB's car that was reported by DV to be stolen. I thought LE said it was the same car. Has MSM reported anything other than that?
yep. All those things. And that would all be very normal. Something is not right about any of these people. But we already knew that, didn’t we? I just want to know where that baby is and who is responsible. JMO
Did anyone on here confirm the drop off car and BB car were not the same car but very similar?
I believe LE was on to the car not being stolen by the alleged abductors as they were able to show DV the surveillance of him being dropped off at the hospital in the silver vehicle. LE also saw the vehicle Saturday afternoon in Sugar Land. Before this, DV alleged he walked to hospital after nobody would assist him.

The vehicle was easy to differentiate as it had no license plate -- only a temporary paper permit.

When it was discovered in parking lot, nearby business owners said it had been parked in strip mall for a couple days. I believe it was located within 24-36 hours of LE broadcasting the vehicle information.

MOO

I don’t recall this being brought up in reference to BB filing, or not filing a missing persons report. Could she have presumed that Maleah was with her dad and older brother? That would leave DV and the younger boy unaccounted for. I would guess she’d have been blowing up DV’s phone, calling his brother, etc. I don’t know if anything was stated regarding who she tried to contact. Other than her mother, who picked her up from the airport. MOO
That does make a lot of sense. If she expected both of her older children to be with their father, she wouldn’t think they were missing. If she had a fight with DV and called off the engagement like she said, she might have thought he wasn’t at the airport because he was mad about the fight. It somewhat explains her response when he doesn’t pick her up at the airport.

So this was posted on SM but these links are MSM.

Stefania Okolie on Twitter

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/cops-find-car-reported-stolen-during-abduction-of-4-year-old-maleah-davis/amp/?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

Maleah Davis search suspended in southwest Houston due to weather | abc13.com

Police arrest stepfather of 4-year-old Maleah Davis

I can’t verify when those middle two photos were taken but that one at the bottom is definitely when the car was located and it had the front plate. Am I nuts? I don’t see one on the car from the hospital.

I actually do believe the front bumpers seem slightly different. Maybe the angle? And the plate would have had to been removed from the front. That doesn’t match. MOO

I've seen the controversy on sm about the cars looking different. I think it's just the angle and reflections from the lights in front of the hospital. I just don't see police IDing the car based on a quick glance. Surely they know it's the same car.

Spouses cannot be compelled to testify against each other....
In some cases they can. Each state covers it differently. In my home state there are exceptions when there's been domestic violence, including against a child. In some states there's an assumption that the marital bond has been broken if one commits abuse against the other and therefore the injured party can testify.

I checked and in Texas a spouse can voluntarily choose to testify against their partner. I think the important word is voluntarily. But even then under Rule 504 (4c) there's an exception when abuse occurs to a family member.

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1442...-updated-with-amendments-effective-112018.pdf

So the upshot is that marriage doesn't automatically prevent one spouse from testifying against the other - voluntarily. Furthermore, the accused spouse cannot stop their partner from testifying.

The other point in Texas law is that if a crime was committed before the two people were married then all bets are off.

Video in the article includes CD and BB inside the courthouse.

'You didn't protect her:' Protesters gather again as family seeks new home for Maleah Davis' siblings
Family members of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing now for 22 days, are trying to find Maleah's siblings a new home after her mother's ex-fiance Darion Vence was arrested and charged in her disappearance.

Wednesday morning, Maleah's family appeared for a CPS hearing in downtown Houston. They and attorneys have been ordered not to talk about the case.

Her mother, Brittany Bowens, was inside the courthouse as protesters gathered there a second time.

[...]

Protesters say they plan to be at every hearing and court appearance.
When every adult fails the child, that's when the system steps in. You mean to tell me it's OK for the system to fail them, too?" said Juan Cortez, also with Parents Against Predators.
Sock it to em.

So DV’s brother and his wife just suddenly quit their jobs and quickly moved back to St. Louis?
So much for supporting DV
Yeah, kinda interesting eh? The father may have said more, like how long the brother had been in Texas but I'm not in the mood to go back and listen to that interview again. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken