ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Has LE ever said they are investigating this as foul play right now vs. a recovery effort from her running away?

I'm thinking if the Senator is going in a different direction you may not have an interest from searchers to continue looking for her in the surrounding areas.

Honestly, I pay no mind to what the Senator thinks or says. I'm glad she is getting Serenity's name out there. That's about it.

DRAMA
Drama
drama

moo

I so agree. This child finally has some attention on her case, in large part thanks to the senator, that is all I care about.

It also has resulted in some good discussion here about real issues. I just caught up with all of the posts the past few pages and agree with almost all, on both sides of the issues, was going to comment but have not yet. At least such things are being discussed and Serenity did that.

Other than that, find Serenity and determine what happened to her.

The media, politics and drama resulting can stuff it back where it wasn't (hardly any attention to this case) and put their focus where it belongs now that it has their attention, on Serenity.

This girl has gotten into my heart big time.

Jmo. Drama, as you said. It gets old when there are real life victims.

Serenity ran away from the Black Hills Children’s Home on Feb. 3. Two people who do not work for the organization and were in the parking lot saw her leave and head north on a nearby road.

“Those two witnesses drove back out onto South Rockerville road and didn’t see Serenity,” Thom said, Newscenter1 reports. “In that three-to-five minute window, she was no longer on the road. Where she went from there is what we’re trying to ascertain.”

Based on eye witness accounts and unsuccessful searches nearby, I do not discount anything including that Serenity was abducted or met with foul play. How can we not? MOO

Based on eye witness accounts and unsuccessful searches nearby, I do not discount anything including that Serenity was abducted or met with foul play. How can we not? MOO
I don't completely discount other possibilities and I'm glad that LE has been investigating those. Sadly, I do agree with them though, that she is most likely in those woods. :( MOO

ETA: I would so love to be wrong about that!

Last edited:
I'm confused. Has LE ever said they are investigating this as foul play right now vs. a recovery effort from her running away?

I'm thinking if the Senator is going in a different direction you may not have an interest from searchers to continue looking for her in the surrounding areas.
LE has stated since the beginning that they're investigating all possibilities.

I agree that volunteer searchers (ordinary citizens) may lose interest if the Senator continues to push the idea that Serenity was abducted or whatever it is she's saying (I'm really not sure). We have seen something similar happen here in another case; a rumor began that a missing child had been taken by one of his parents and was being hidden in another state. When searchers were out talking to landowners, they learned that many people had accepted that rumor as fact and disregarded the family's request that property owners search their land. Grrrr...it was very frustrating. The good news here is that LE is using professional searchers from various agencies vs. citizen volunteers, so I don't think it will affect the search for Serenity. MOO

Unfortunately we will have to wait a couple days before searches can go out if they are planned. It has snowed a lot there again. My friends in the area have reported late starts or no school due to snow while other parts are flooding in the same area. Mother Nature hasn’t been kind to South Dakota this year

It's very easy for someone who has never experienced something so traumatic as a child who can not be loved to wellness to have an unrealistic opinion as to how to handle broken babies - broken for whatever reason. Serenity obviously had people who cared about and loved her enough to try to get her the help she needed. She was very smart but too young to realize the consequences of her last escape. Whatever happened to Serenity and whatever the reason for her bolting, I doubt seriously that it was because she wasn't loved. Sometimes these stories remain tragedies for EVERYONE involved, including all of us here.
BBM. So true! Until you know someone with a child like this who has taken them to therapists, tried everything that’s recommended, prayed, hugged, loved and supported their child only to have the child threaten to kill them, attack siblings with a knife and try to blow up the house it’s tough to imagine love isn’t enough. But sometimes it’s not.

I don’t know the specifics of what went on w/Serenity but I do know there are times when a child needs more help than can be provided at home. Faulting parents who realize this and make the hard decision to place their child in a residential care facility only compounds the problem.

It’s particularly ironic that many of these “judgers” are the same people who pronounce guilt on parents of school shooters, etc, saying they should have realized their child was troubled and gotten them “help”.

Criitcizing parents for not getting their child “help” then bashing parents who choose to resort to institutional support is hypocritical at best. Judge less, and be grateful you’ve never had to walk in their shoes.

Unfortunately we will have to wait a couple days before searches can go out if they are planned. It has snowed a lot there again. My friends in the area have reported late starts or no school due to snow while other parts are flooding in the same area. Mother Nature hasn’t been kind to South Dakota this year
Snow! In the third week in May! Holy Moley!

The Senator was live a few minutes ago. She stated a judge put an immediate seal on the files related to Serentiy. A screen shot of her page with examples of the information she had been releasing were sent to the judge and he sealed the case, and the information, because of her and her posts. She claims however, that she can't un-know what she knows and she has seen the documents related to Serenity. She is going live tomorrow night because she feels people have a right to know.

Last edited:
The Senator was live a few minutes ago. She stated a judge put an immediate seal on the files related to Serentiy. A screen shot of her page with examples of the information she had been releasing were sent to the judge and he sealed the case, and the information, because of her and her posts. She claims however, that she can't un-know what she knows and she has seen the documents related to Serenity. She is going live tomorrow night because she feels people have a right to know.

So she's going to tell everyone live what she knows despite the judge sealing that info?!

I bet she’ll rethink that. If she was so certain about it, she’d spill it all now. She must have some qualms about it.
That's exactly what I think!!

The only thing is, she's had this live 'show' planned for tomorrow night for awhile now so she may want to wait because more people will be watching , since tonight's 'show' was impromptu.

Or maybe she's just putting it out there that she's going to be releasing what's in those documents to see what the legal backlash is before she actually does it.

The only thing is, she's had this live 'show' planned for tomorrow night for awhile now so she may want to wait because more people will be watching , since tonight's 'show' was impromptu.

Or maybe she's just putting it out there that she's going to be releasing what's in those documents to see what the legal backlash is before she actually does it.
It would be immensely stupid for so many reasons. And if my representative was that stupid, I probably wouldn’t vote for her again. That fact might be driven home to her by tomorrow night. I’m not saying there aren’t things worth losing your career over, but I’m not sure this is it. We can’t know if it’s worth it without knowing what it is, but I’m all for caution at this point.

It would be immensely stupid for so many reasons. And if my representative was that stupid, I probably wouldn’t vote for her again. That fact might be driven home to her by tomorrow night. I’m not saying there aren’t things worth losing your career over, but I’m not sure this is it. We can’t know if it’s worth it without knowing what it is, but I’m all for caution at this point.

It is definitely a risk based on what she said in that live video tonight. She explained why she separated the Serenity stuff from her "official SD Senate" FB page already. She also stated that she had lost business in her profession as a realtor over her involvement in Serenity's case already and knows it will likely cost her votes. Who knows what she will share Thursday but she commented about possibly needing bail money (it was more jokingly at first but then later seemed more serious) so not sure she is being cautious here....JMO.

I wasn't that shocked by a judge sealing things involving Serenity though. I know Lynne mentioned things that were once public are now sealed but we have seen that in other cases too at least until a trial is held. I figured both CD and DG would be filing lawsuits against BHCH/CHS at some point. Maybe the lawyers for one or all parties involved requested things be sealed. We haven't heard of any criminal charges so I am guessing it might be regarding the civil case. Maybe one or both of Serenity's parents have info they don't want revealed to the public?

Not sure on all the reasons a judge will deal things but a lot of the stuff regarding Serenity would already inaccessible to the public she is a minor so maybe it was requested to limit someone from sharing that information publicly too.

MOO

She actually has a live show every Thursday night I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member