Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably walked this bridge, and the terrain, but not necessarily that many times. What if he works in construction and heights are habitual and non-frightening to him? People’s brains are wired differently for heights. (respectfully SBM)

He may also have had some instruction or training in dealing with heights, either on-the-job or recreationally. There are learnable techniques in walking confidently and easily on narrow surfaces or with uncertain footing that he could have picked up from Scouting or similar activities, or he may just be a person with spatial confidence in situations many others find harrowing. Think of gymnasts who learn to maneuver easily on balance beams, or of stunt artists and daredevils on highwires, or of non-performers, non-athletes, "just ordinary folks" who feel at ease rock-hopping or climbing mountains or walking narrow trails with precipitous drops such as those found at the Grand Canyon and many other parks. And then there are people in various places around the world who are used to walking narrow rope or log bridges just to get to where they have to go. It's not that unusual, it's just a matter of acclimating to being on a narrow or flimsy high surface and either overcoming the novice's fear, or never really feeling it in the first place.

“At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning.
February 14, 12 a.m.: The search for the two missing girls was scaled back around midnight because of the dark.
At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning.”

Crossquoting from the media thread, I just came across the above statements again.

They make absolutely zero sense to me. Just sayin. All I can say is thank God the FBI is hopefully still overseeing this investigation, moo.

Like I said around April 22nd after the PC, if we are here in 6 months then ask me what I really think. I’m afraid that anything I say now may be misinterpreted and won’t come out right. All I can say is the same thing I’ve said since April 22nd that there’s something not right about all of this.
Would the sheriff be comfortable with calling off the search if it was his daughter who was missing? I don't know. I'm wondering what they thought had happened to the girls, since 9 hours had passed without any contact with them.

I have not seen it in MSM but just from the pic of Abby she looks a bit afraid and going slow and careful.
I recall reading something to the effect that Libby had been across the bridge many times, but this was Abby's first time. If true, could be why Libby took Abby's pic as she neared the end, almost like a "you did it!" moment.

Last edited:
I recall reading something to the effect that Libby had been across the bridge many times, but this was Abby first time. If true, could be why Libby took Abby's pic as she neared the end, almost like a "you did it!" moment.

Abby, actually, did very well, and looks graceful and beautiful in that photo.

I found an article explaining why we are naturally afraid of heights.

Why We're Afraid of Heights

However, some people may need less visual objects to make them feel they are standing on a firm ground. It is hardwired into us. So in relation to the BG, I think it was not his first time on the bridge, but not necessarily did he have to live in Delphi.

ETA: just read that some people like the thrill of heights. I wonder if the BG, actually, experienced a different kind of thrill and by virtue of such, was almost disregarding the height.

Last edited:
Yah it’s extremely rare and that’s why everyone remembers cases where it happens.

It’s actually quite fascinating how we recall highly publicized cases where these things happen, and it actually sticks in our memories and we perceive them as being quite common.

When In actuality it almost never happens

And then, these unusual things happen all the time in fiction, which distorts our perceptions even more.

I’m so sorry about how this horrific tragedy has affected Kelsi. I really admire how she and her Grandparents have tried their best to get the word out about BG. It is terrible how have tried to take advantage. *please note we are not permitted to discuss or the paranormal.

*snipped the dangerous word even more*

As I first read it, I filled in the blanks to make it say ‘psychos’, and was extremely puzzled. “We can’t discuss psychos? Since when?”

I figure he probably posed them. That is not uncommon.

Carter's comments 1 month ago at the PC gave me that impression right off.
MOO -I thought the bodies could have been posed due to Carter's statement about how the bodies aren't how he left them, though I don't believe it is actually common. After you consider the comments Carter made about the shack, it makes his comments about the bodies not being how he left them more ambiguous. We, as the public, can't know if the statement eluded to posing or only to Carter's belief in the afterlife (the girls receiving new bodies in the next realm). That may or may not have been by design.

Just listened to this Kelsi German interview. Now I know where the movie reference of The Shack came from, also her opinion is the killer was local. I wonder if when reviewing the case LE listened to her thoughts......I was surprised when Kelsi reveals her Grandparents heard more of the recording.
Very interesting. Based on the comments it was posted 8 months or so ago.

Would the sheriff be comfortable with calling off the search if it was his daughter who was missing? I don't know. I'm wondering what they thought had happened to the girls, since 9 hours had passed without any contact with them.
I think it would have been called off at some point after dark no matter who it was. It is probably dangerous for the searchers to be out walking in the woods after dark, and they wouldn't want anyone else getting lost or hurt out there.
The family has said they thought the girls were lost or maybe injured and couldn't get back to the trail. I think murder was likely the last thing on anybody's mind.
It did get down to the mid thirties and forties that night, but not to freezing or below. Maybe if it had been much colder they would have switched to a different protocol, I really don't know. Imo

With 42,000 tips called in it seems that, by this point, half the men in central Indiana who own a blue jacket and use the word "guys" have probably been called in. Even if you ignore the 35,000 tips that probably consist of "I saw this picture on FB..." and "have you thought about looking at people who..." statistically alone there should've been at least ONE good tip and since they're still asking for someone in BG's life to call in...

Yeah, I don't think they know.
I hope a good tip didn’t get buried underneath all the crappy tips from people who don’t even live there and are just trying to solve the case from their keyboards. I mean, imagine slogging through that many tips.

MOO -I thought the bodies could have been posed due to Carter's statement about how the bodies aren't how he left them, though I don't believe it is actually common. After you consider the comments Carter made about the shack, it makes his comments about the bodies not being how he left them more ambiguous. We, as the public, can't know if the statement eluded to posing or only to Carter's belief in the afterlife (the girls receiving new bodies in the next realm). That may or may not have been by design.

I thought Carter's statement simply reflected his views on the afterlife. No, the girls aren't how he left them-alone, cold, and dead. Now they're in Heaven (or wherever your belief in eternity may be).

I’m sure it’s been discussed and maybe I missed this somewhere but is it true that LE has more audio that they did not release? I believe so. I believe that Libby may have recorded their murder. Could be wrong but it’s likely she did and perhaps why Carter so emotional. MOO there weren’t any more words from BG and just sounds of the crime which has got to be the stuff of nightmares.

I’m sure it’s been discussed and maybe I missed this somewhere but is it true that LE has more audio that they did not release? I believe so. I believe that Libby may have recorded their murder. Could be wrong but it’s likely she did and perhaps why Carter so emotional. MOO there weren’t any more words from BG and just sounds of the crime which has got to be the stuff of nightmares.

It's been said that there's 8 minutes of additional audio, and in the link above with the interview of Kelsi, she mentioned that her grandparents had listened to it. We have no idea what that audio consists of, though.

However, some people may need less visual objects to make them feel they are standing on a firm ground. It is hardwired into us. So in relation to the BG, I think it was not his first time on the bridge, but not necessarily did he have to live in Delphi.

ETA: just read that some people like the thrill of heights. I wonder if the BG, actually, experienced a different kind of thrill and by virtue of such, was almost disregarding the height.
Your last statement is a very good point. If the act of murder was a thrill to him he may not have thought twice about crossing the bridge. Imo

I think he is telling the killer that the girls live on in heaven.
He believes this is all about control to him. Killers have said in the past that the moment their victims die is what gives them the most excitement. It gives them a God-like feeling of power.
I think Carter was trying to agitate him by taking that feeling of control away while also appealing to his conscience using religious references.
The killer has probably felt in control throughout this investigation considering they were not getting close to finding him. So Carter is telling him he doesn't hold the cards. He did not succeed in ending their lives forever. There is a higher being that is more powerful than all of us, and in the end, goodness will win over evil. Imo

The closest thing I can think of to the parameters you described is the Lake Berryessa Zodiac murder.

Technically it wasn't a double murder because one of the two victims survived, but otherwise it fits.

A couple notes from that murder related to speculation in this one:

-Zodiac went out of his way to conceal his identity in that case.

-he used a gun to gain compliance but then attacked the couple with a knife once they were subdued.

Also interesting to note that that was not only two adults, but one which was, to my understanding, a VERY large man. I read somewhere the guy was like 6'7".
That begs the question, do you think BG is a one time killer or does anyone think he has killed before? I myself am leaning towards that his "profile", as thin as it is with the little facts we have, could hold clues in the direction of previous killing(s). Just thinking out loud again and AJMO

I thought Carter's statement simply reflected his views on the afterlife. No, the girls aren't how he left them-alone, cold, and dead. Now they're in Heaven (or wherever your belief in eternity may be).

Yep

I think a lot of the speculation around it has come from the fact that many want to believe that Carter was speaking to a specific known individual

I don't believe they knew who that individual was at the time of that statement and they still may not even today

Like you said I think it was just more of an emotional and spiritual reference

JMO

Last edited:
That begs the question, do you think BG is a one time killer or does anyone think he has killed before? I myself am leaning towards that his "profile", as thin as it is with the little facts we have, could hold clues in the direction of previous killing(s). Just thinking out loud again and AJMO

I don't believe he has probably killed before just based merely on the individuals suspected age and nature of the crime

It was very risky and brazen, and if investigators are right committed very close to home

LE likely has a very good indication, just by clues at the crime scene itself

Without us having those details its really hard to say for certain but thats the way I lean towards

I mean he will no doubt continue to kill if he is not caught as they guys simply have no empathy to any other human being

Additionally those who commit stranger murders such as this always go on to kill again its like and addiction to them and they have very little self control

He needs to be caught like yesterday, or two years ago for that matter

With that said I still believe investigators are doing everything in their power to find this guy

And I believe they will

JMO

I liked your ETA, as well. If he had followed the girls for awhile, and was nearing his approach, his adrenaline might have been running higher than the bridge.

When I was younger, I went through a rock climbing phase. I was able to do so, regardless my fear of heights. But walking across that bridge still looks scary as hell to me. That's why I completely believe BG had been on that bridge before (adrenaline or not).

Last edited:
I don't believe he has probably killed before just based merely on the individuals suspected age and nature of the crime

It was very risky and brazen, and if investigators are right committed very close to home

LE likely has a very good indication, just by clues at the crime scene itself

Without us having those details its really hard to say for certain but thats the way I lean towards

I mean he will no doubt continue to kill if he is not caught as they guys simply have no empathy to any other human being

Additionally those who commit stranger murders such as this always go on to kill again its like and addiction to them and they have very little self control

He needs to be caught like yesterday, or two years ago for that matter

With that said I still believe investigators are doing everything in their power to find this guy

And I believe they will

JMO
Do you think he's possibly killed since? I guess I don't, but I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong