Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
But regrettably, he is probably deriving some perverse pleasure out of the fact that the video & audio has done nothing, to this point at least, to lead LE to his door :(

Oh IDK I think he still may be sweating the idea that someone who knows him may recognize him and turn him in at any moment JMO

The stakes are pretty high and I think it probably does nag at him to some extent

If there's one thing that BG cares about more than his sick twisted fantasies and dark desires its likely his freedom

Interesting. A fleeting thought had crossed by mind.....how do families of other victims of lesser highlighted unsolved homicides in Indiana feel about the Superintendent of ISP taking a personal involvement by making it seem he’s fixated on solving just this one case.

The mother of the 4 sisters who lost their lives in the Flora fire had earlier criticized LE for their lack of focus and attention in attempting to solve it.

Wow I was juuust reading something about this:

“They are different cases. Neither one deserves less attention than the other. Neither deserves more attention," said Boyd.

Some, though, have questioned the attention and resources the Delphi case has received compared to the one in Flora.

Boyd says it's no one's fault that the Delphi case has had more clues that investigators have released to the public, like a picture of the suspect and recording of his voice.

"We don't have that here. We don't have somebody's face. We don't have a voice," said Boyd.

Boyd doesn't think the two cases should be compared, saying parents in both, lost children they love.”

Mom of girls killed in Flora fire says she has never believed it was arson

Interesting. A fleeting thought had crossed by mind.....how do families of other victims of lesser highlighted unsolved homicides in Indiana feel about the Superintendent of ISP taking a personal involvement by making it seem he’s fixated on solving just this one case.

The mother of the 4 sisters who lost their lives in the Flora fire had earlier criticized LE for their lack of focus and attention in attempting to solve it.

There are frequently comments along the lines of "other murders happen" that I see when scrolling local news articles. It does make some people angry that there is a big focus on this case and not on others and particularly in relation to the Flora case people get very riled up.

ISP still needs ‘unfettered, transparent’ conversation with family of girls killed in 2016 Flora house fire - Scroll to the bottom to see the full recording of the PC.

This is from yesterday (5/22/19) where Superintendent Carter discusses the Flora fire, the criticism that it's not being given the same attention, and a fair amount of questions comparing/relating to Delphi.

I’m looking for a couple of quotes but not having much luck, maybe someone here can please assist?

I’m looking for the confirmation that the girls had been on the actual bridge itself before Feb 13, 2017.

I’m also looking for a quote which says they were planning to actually go on the bridge itself that day, that this was their intention.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oh IDK I think he still may be sweating the idea that someone who knows him may recognize him and turn him in at any moment JMO

The stakes are pretty high and I think it probably does nag at him to some extent

If there's one thing that BG cares about more than his sick twisted fantasies and dark desires its likely his freedom
True, if he's still alive.

I haven't been on this thread long enough to know all the scenarios discussed, but what if he's dead already? Not saying this is so, but a possibility nevertheless. Personally, since I believe the killer is local (within an hour or so), I would check out every suicide and drug overdose within a couple hours drive for the last 2 plus years to at least rule them out. Maybe LE has already done this through tips provided. We can sit here and make all kinds of assumptions about him (profiling) and be totally off. No disrespect intended. I've done it too :) But, I believe there should be no stone unturned to discover who this beast is/was. JMO

I’m looking for a couple of quotes but not having much luck, maybe someone here can please assist?

I’m looking for the confirmation that the girls had been on the actual bridge itself before.

I’m also looking for a quote which says they were planning to actually go on the bridge itself.

Thanks in advance.

Here’s one, for what it’s worth if he’s referring to crossing the bridge, by Libby’s other grandfather.

“Dennis Bridge said the local area was a place where 'kids play until sunset and then they come home' and that he believed the Monon High Bridge was a 'hangout'.

He added: 'I've never been there but the girls had taken my wife Chris out there last summer I believe.'“
Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens speaks out | Daily Mail Online

It is difficult to compare one case to another. There are so many variables. But it does make you wonder. Doug Carter is obsessive, it seems, about solving the Delphi murder case. But do the massive resources dedicated to this case mean that other cases have not received the attention they deserve? None of us is probably in a position to say.

True, if he's still alive.

I haven't been on this thread long enough to know all the scenarios discussed, but what if he's dead already? Not saying this is so, but a possibility nevertheless. Personally, since I believe the killer is local (within an hour or so), I would check out every suicide and drug overdose within a couple hours drive for the last 2 plus years to at least rule them out. Maybe LE has already done this through tips provided. We can sit here and make all kinds of assumptions about him (profiling) and be totally off. No disrespect intended. I've done it too :) But, I believe there should be no stone unturned to discover who this beast is/was. JMO

Generally these types don't go the suicide route

But a drug overdose could be a possibility

I suspect if we have thought about it LE has probably too and checked them out or are currently doing so

but yes no stone unturned

I don't believe it was that complicated

I think his planning was to corner them on the other side of the bridge, control them, assault them and murder them.

I think he had walked the trails close to the bridge and knew there was nobody in the immediate vicinity

If there was I believe he waited for them to move well up the trail away from the bridge before he attacked

I don't believe he thought about a disguise bc he didn't think it was necessary

If he thought somebody else was near I believe that he would have left and tried again at another time

Its my belief that a mask would most likely be used so that the assault victim/s could not identify the attacker. He had no thought of allowing them to have that opportunity in this case

Wearing a mask on the trails would have been a dead give away that something nefarious was going on

And I don't believe BG wanted to draw any suspicions upon himself

All JMO and my own amateur speculation
IMO, a disguise means premeditation. I just don't think there was much planning involved. JMO

And it’s likely Abby was familiar with the bridge as well.

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
“The bridge where the girls were hiking is known as a popular spot in the Delphi area. It appears to have been an area where the girls had been before.

Abigail’s mom, Anna Williams, has a photo of the bridge as her Facebook cover photo. That photo was already in place before her daughter went missing.

Another photo on her Facebook page shows Abigail fishing in the creek with the bridge in the background.”

And it’s likely Abby was familiar with the bridge as well.

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
“The bridge where the girls were hiking is known as a popular spot in the Delphi area. It appears to have been an area where the girls had been before.

Abigail’s mom, Anna Williams, has a photo of the bridge as her Facebook cover photo. That photo was already in place before her daughter went missing.

Another photo on her Facebook page shows Abigail fishing in the creek with the bridge in the background.”
In this case, Heavy has it wrong about the bridge in the background. There is a photo of Abby, but a different bridge. MOO

Generally these types don't go the suicide route

But a drug overdose could be a possibility

I suspect if we have thought about it LE has probably too and checked them out or are currently doing so

but yes no stone unturned
Bottom line, the PC of April 22nd threw almost everything "out the door" that had been looked at for the past two plus years. And that fact leaves us here with our mouths hanging open. We're not even looking at the same guy, some older looking perp from literally anywhere to someone local that looks entirely different. Why? We don't know and won't unless this crime is solved.

Not criticizing at all, it's just hard to digest the complete swing in focus of LE and if it confounds us, I can only imagine what it does to the families of Abby and Libby :(

In this case, Heavy has it wrong about the bridge in the background. There is a photo of Abby, but a different bridge. MOO

correct we proved that the photo of abby fishing was at a different bridge early on using a different bridge and overlaying the photo with google earth.....Its not the Monon bridge IMO

But I'm not sure where I have those images stored on my computer and or can I even remember the name of the bridge so I guess its JMO

Last edited:

And I bet he really doesn't want anyone close to him to know what he did.

IMO, a disguise means premeditation. I just don't think there was much planning involved. JMO

And if murder was premeditated it makes no sense why a murderer would want other people to see him, disguised or not. It’s not as if there was only one single access point to the bridge. He had no way of knowing Libby was prepared with her cellphone and caught his image on video or recorded his voice.

Unless the disguise theory comes from the notion the murderer knew and encouraged Libby to participate in some sort of theatrical performance by videoing him, but that’s lightyears away from the facts of the case.

In reality if you think about it every single murder is about power and control

Its the act of taking another human life

JMO
Yes AB01 I can't disagree. On this board we are "probably" more objective about cases and motives. However, exact quote Superintendent Carter said, "We know this is about power, to you."
link to very short video on his statement and I do not FB but it has the video 48 seconds:

I am just trying to figure out what causes a person to find "power in murder" as opposed to a person who finds power in personal, professional, financial, academic, athletic sector etc. accomplishments? Does this person look for "power in taking a life" because they feel powerless in their life? Or are their brains so jumbled they can never understand that life is precious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member