Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought lawyers were only appointed by the courts if you were being charged with something?

I think in family court system the family is assigned an attorney. Sometimes the child has one too.

Interesting, I have actually been waiting for QX to say that no one is searching for the kidnappers. I guess it is a given that DV is the one...no one is looking for a blue truck with three men. Has DV admitted that is a lie? It seems like his family is still on that page.

I'm trying to catch up here. I thought BB2 filed the report and a police officer helped get them into the apartment Saturday morning? New stories slowly drip out from every side. It appears to be a disinformation campaign at times. IMO

I think bb is saying now that dv’s brother filed the report first as opposed to what she said before which was that she filed the report first or tried to file the report first. Either way, bb2 is the person who actually filed the following morning when she took bb to the station to make sure it was done correctly, iirc.

That’s just how I interpreted it, either way bb has changed her story.

He's the judge assigned to their case. He didn't have enough evidence to permanently remove the children. He is in no way responsible for what happened to Maleah.
I don't see how it was ever determined that there was not sufficient evidence. Usually a doctor's opinion is thought highly of in courts. He stated there was no way the injury could have happened the way it was described, and he found evidence of older injuries that occured before the fall. They had clear evidence of inconsistent or denying symptoms.
They reported their findings to CPS, who would never have opened a case if there was no indication of abuse. What else did they need? Imo

If only Maleah
Was afforded such luxury.
MOO
She was. The children were appointed a guardian ad litem. As they almost always are. Everyone wants to blame CPS but I for one am glad that my children cannot be taken away without evidence. The anger and blame IMO should go to the parents and family who were not forthcoming with evidence of abuse, which they apparently knew about. JMO

I really think some people are that ignorant! Mr.Kgreg is LE where we are and had a child abuse call the other day, the mom got her 3 y/o daughter back from her ex and his new gf and the little girl was black and blue, swollen eyes, cuts etc and the dad told her mom that she “fell in a bouncy house” and “then fell off a swing”... luckily she didn’t believe them and filed reports in multiple parishes. Smh.
That's terrible. You may be right, but at this point I think he is just being stubborn. He doesn't want to admit to guilt so he is going to do anything to avoid it, even if it means sticking to his story. His family is not helping much by publicly insisting he is innocent and that the kidnappers must be responsible. Imo

I think bb is saying now that dv’s brother filed the report first as opposed to what she said before which was that she filed the report first or tried to file the report first. Either way, bb2 is the person who actually filed the following morning when she took bb to the station to make sure it was done correctly, iirc.

That’s just how I interpreted it, either way bb has changed her story.
OK - I see now. Funny how BB2 did not mention the brother filing a report in her interview. IMO - BB's story sure has many moving parts - many of which go in multiple directions. I'm sure LE is taking notes.

She was. The children were appointed a guardian ad litem. As they almost always are. Everyone wants to blame CPS but I for one am glad that my children cannot be taken away without evidence. The anger and blame IMO should go to the parents and family who were not forthcoming with evidence of abuse, which they apparently knew about. JMO
SMH. The skull bashed in half wasn't enough proof. It's all about protecting the rights of everyone but the child.
So it's ok to bash a child's skull in, but Gawd forbid you upset the people in charge of the child.
Don't even look sideways at them, don't question them or the lawyers will unleashed upon you. Don't question CPS, or judges. Because reunification is the name of the game, and the cards are stacked against the very child that they are in charge of,and have ALL the power, the FINAL (FATAL) say. The gavel came down, Maleah's fate was sealed.
If Maleah had half the defence these people have we wouldn't be here today.
MOO

If only Maleah
Was afforded such luxury.
MOO
The child usually has a separate lawyer, although I don't know if that's the case in Texas. In NY they do. It is someone who is just representing the child and they interview and spend time with the child separately from both parents to get the child's side of the story and determine what is in the best interest of the child. It is someone who is experienced in working with kids and they are very good at looking for specific things, like whether or not the child has been "coached" in what to say. Imo

From that article: "Family members of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing now for 22 days, are trying to find Maleah's siblings a new home after her mother's ex-fiance Darion Vence was arrested and charged in her disappearance."

Family members are trying to find them a new home? This is so sad. Can't the family members provide a home for them? IMO - this read like they were referring to a dog or cat - not children. Heartbreaking.
Maybe the Judge needs to look elsewhere for placement. Stop worrying about everyone,but the child's best intersest.
MOO

SMH. The skull bashed in half wasn't enough proof. It's all about protecting the rights of everyone but the child.
So it's ok to bash a child's skull in, but Gawd forbid you upset the people in charge of the child.
Don't even look sideways at them, don't question them or the lawyers will unleashed upon you. Don't question CPS, or judges. Because reunification is the name of the game, and the cards are stacked against the very child that they are in charge of,and have ALL the power, the FINAL (FATAL) say. The gavel came down, Maleah's fate was sealed.
MOO
I'm surprised they came to the decision they did. I was just reading an article the other day about how social services were working hard on trying to prevent more deaths of children by child abuse. There was a 22.7 increase from 2017- 2018. They indicated that the foster care system was "broken" in Texas.
I will try to find the article but right now I have a meeting so I won't be able to until later. Maybe someone can find it and post it by then. Imo

MOO
I have no interest in getting into a hyperbolic shouting match. I am not saying CPS did everything right. We don’t know for certain because that information is not public.

So far, that is what it looks like. DV is going to continue to remain silent so I guess it'll just be a stalemate.
If he remains quiet, he's facing 2-20 years on the current charge - and that's IF they can convince a judge/jury that what little evidence they have (that we are aware of) is worthy of a conviction (no sighting of Maleah ever leaving the apt, appearance of a heavy basket, dogs hitting on decomposition). If he tells all, he could face life or death. Would you sing in that situation? Likely not. Unfortunately that's where we appear to be.

Last edited:
He's the judge assigned to their case. He didn't have enough evidence to permanently remove the children. He is in no way responsible for what happened to Maleah.

I believe that as long as judges make decisions like this contrary to the recommendations of CPS workers, health care workers, teachers, and family members, and in spite of compelling evidence, that they are indeed accountable for their decisions. It's extremely frustrating for front line workers to see that all their expertise is ignored with a wave of the hand and a vulnerable child is placed into a situation that everyone knows is dangerous.

I think it’s more likely that he faked being ill each day in order to be sent home. He didn’t plan on Maleah being home alone each day, he knew he’d be with her.
ummm faked being ill is something a kid or teenager would do. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member