Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many thoughtful posts here....

I can only add what many of you are probably thinking -- I hope Maleah is found while the cod can be determined.
Along with evidence of ( sorry, graphic below) :

Rape, dismemberment, long-term abuse (i.e., healing broken bones, etc.).

Sickening that some people are staying quiet.
People who aren't related to this little girl seem to care more for her than her own relatives.

Acevedo: Suspect is key in finding missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo believes the suspect accused in the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis is the key to finding her.

[...]

"We really believe we have a little girl that's been murdered," Acevedo said during a press conference Thursday. "We believe that she's out there somewhere, and we want to bring her home."

[...]

"I can sit here and say we're going to find her alive, but I'd be lying," Acevedo said. "She deserves to be found. She deserves to be recovered. She deserves to have a proper burial, and we need the community's help. ... If looking at those pictures of that baby girl doesn't touch your heart and doesn't drive you to do everything you can – I'm talking to the community – to help us find her, then I don't think you have a heart."

Anyone with information is urged to call Houston Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
BBM- How come BB didn't say this during her media tours??

Everyone is entitled to a defense but in civil matters, our state will not appoint (and pay) an attorney. If Texas appoints attorneys for civil cases, I'd like to see a link. Thanks!
Texas is more strict than most. But they will provide it to protect parental rights, which is pretty universal. I also believe that judges have some additional discretion.

Lol, yes! I thought the wording was interesting. She's not the focus of the case.

Anyway, I keep thinking that if DV's brother is more directly involved then he would be the weak link here and worth grilling. Of all the family members he'd be the one with the least charges and therefore motivated to open up to LE in exchange for a deal. IMO that's why (per his dad) he went back to St. Louis - in order to avoid scrutiny.

I tend to agree; however, it's his brother and I don't know that there's anything that could motivate him to snitch on his brother. I feel like there's a code there. IMO

DV’s brother may have the closest version of the truth other than DV’s own mouth IMO.

Also, it would be interesting to know if the daycare had noticed any suspected abuse or had any concerns about Maleah?

Im thinking something may have happened to Maleah the night/morning before DV went home sick from work. Did he just leave Maleah home alone or were the other children unsupervised too while he went to work?

Texas is more strict than most. But they will provide it to protect parental rights, which is pretty universal. I also believe that judges have some additional discretion.
Don't they have legal aid services there?

Well, the simplest explanation as I see it is that she fed that story to QX to distance herself from DV and establish motive on his part. Obviously, she changed her mind or it was never said in the first place, I don't know which, but I'm sure LE does. I also don't think BB said DV was molesting Maleah. It was suggested by QX, IIRC, and it was an assumption made on his part based on "his investigation." :rolleyes: I don't think we've heard the truth from any of these people!

DV - liar
BB - liar
QX - liar
DV's father - liar
BB2 - questionable
MOO

ETA: It disgusts me that his pics remain on her IG and I can't imagine how she can stand to look at them!!! :mad:
I totally agree with everything you say here!

HPD Chief questions Derion Vence's accounts about Maleah Davis' disappearance
[...]

On Thursday, Chief Art Acevedo held a press release to give a brief update on the missing 4-year-old's case. He added that the reward to find her is increasing by another $5,000 even "if I have to pay it myself," he said.

During the press conference, Acevedo told the media they believe the suspect, Derion Vence knows where Maleah is but he is just not talking about it.

"You could drive a big rig right through the tales this guy has been telling," Acevedo said about Vence.

Acevedo pleads with the public to help bring little Maleah home in order to give her family the closure they need, as her case is not one of a cat buried in the yard.

[...]

I tend to agree; however, it's his brother and I don't know that there's anything that could motivate him to snitch on his brother. I feel like there's a code there. IMO
He must know something. Wasn't DV staying with him the whole time before he was arrested?
When his brother was interviewed, he said DV was innocent and the story would come out, or we haven't heard the story yet, or something. So does he know the true story or was he talking about the kidnapping story?
I find it hard to believe that during that entire time he was staying there he believed everything his brother told him. He has to know. Imo

He must know something. Wasn't DV staying with him the whole time before he was arrested?
When his brother was interviewed, he said DV was innocent and the story would come out, or we haven't heard the story yet, or something. So does he know the true story or was he talking about the kidnapping story?
I find it hard to believe that during that entire time he was staying there he believed everything his brother told him. He has to know. Imo

I'm sure he does know something. I mean why else would he hightail it to MO?? All MOO

DV’s brother may have the closest version of the truth other than DV’s own mouth IMO.

Also, it would be interesting to know if the daycare had noticed any suspected abuse or had any concerns about Maleah?

Im thinking something may have happened to Maleah the night/morning before DV went home sick from work. Did he just leave Maleah home alone or were the other children unsupervised too while he went to work?
From what we know so far, it sure looks like DV left Maleah home alone, at least on Wednesday. That's a crime in itself.

I suspect Maleah was 'whooped' on the weekend of April 27-28. She wasn't injured enough to be hospitalized and the photo shows she was able to ambulate on her own, but she definitely needed to be kept away from daycare, who probably kept close eye on her. Poor Maleah.

Just catching up.
I wish there could be a very massive search by the thousands to go shoulder to shoulder until she is found.
I’ve seen a few small groups out looking but IMO walking in a straight line isn’t sufficient.

Just catching up.
I wish there could be a very massive search by the thousands to go shoulder to shoulder until she is found.
I’ve seen a few small groups out looking but IMO walking in a straight line isn’t sufficient.

Me too but the problem is he had so much time for disposal that really she could be any number of places imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff