CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been so happy about any closing arguments happening, I don't think.

I know it's because this trial has been painfully laborious to complete.

It still astounds me how long it took for the DT to complete their side of this case.

For anyone who hasn't followed it they just wouldnt believe it. It's still hard for me to even believe, especially when all of the DT witnesses could have been done and over in a week or so. Imo yet they started at the end of February, iirc. Think about all of the wasted time!!! Unbelievable.

Never will I ever follow another trial if McGee, ,and Maline are the defense attorneys. Imo, they have thumbed their nose to the CA taxpayers who are carrying this burden. Having to pay outrageous money for so called experts who were so overpaid. Imo
They've done so many unethical underhanded deceitful things.

They have lied in OS hoping now the jury forgets about what they promised they would prove to them. They need to be reported to the ABA. Imo.
The only logical answer that makes any sense to me is the DT used this stall tactic to push back the inevitable from coming to a swift conclusion.

In over 35 years of trial following I've ever seen anything like this DT. Never. Were they hoping the jury would forget the victims, and how brutally they were all murdered? Hoping to erase the images of their tattered remains in the graves, and what CM reduced them to when once vibrant, happy, and alive with such promising futures?

I've heard of some defense hoping the same, but it will never work. It never does. This jury will be forever haunted by what they have seen. I know. The images of the victims I saw as a juror remain painfully vivid to this day years later.

As the long journey for the victims is finally coming to an end... my heart, prayers, and sincere warm thoughts are with everyone who loved, admired, and deeply misses the beautiful little Joey McStay family.

I don't know why I'm so emotional when it comes to this particular case. I think it's because they were all so undeserving for what happened to them all. All 4 who had absolutely done nothing wrong. So innocent.

Joey was a kind caring soul. How we need many more Joeys, and far less CMs of the world.

Its heartbreaking to know how much they loved each other, and in the end both Joey, and Summer were helpless in protecting their beloved little boys. I can't even imagine the anguish they both experienced knowing they were all going to die, and be murdered by the very one Joey had helped more than anyone in Merritt's life, imo.

It truly is a horrific case about the ultimate betrayal!

Jmho only!

Last edited:
So, out of 80 possible court days (Jan 7th-May 23rd, Mon.-Thur.) we had 56 court days, several of those half days, hearings or little to no testimony. It was equally divided between prosecution and defense (28 days each). I didn't count how many witnesses, L&C makes that too hard once they went to audio only.

Lol. Thanks it was more of a rhetorical question. Rudin was all over the place. Basically what I got is he had an opinion, then changed it, then decided he had no opinion and needed further testing. Good grief.

I am dumbfounded that anyone would think DR was a good witness for the defense. Ive tried to understand why he would be a plus for them, and come up empty.

No one will believe an expert who is so wishy washy all over the place.

Imo if this trial lasted another year DR would still be down in his basement at 3am changing his previous opinion. Lol!

Imo, Jurors want consistency. Imo they will not rely on his testimony. They don't even have to rely on the imaging experts period.

They have so much more important evidence to work with to base their verdict on.

Imo, no jury decides their verdict based solely on experts anyway who only can give their OPINIONS ...since none were there on the 4th when CM killed them all.

Jmo

This is the problem. You say you can see them, I say I can't, and there are others that agree with both of us. It's like Rudin said... you say it's raining, I say it's sunny..... if you can open the door and look, open it!

I would be curious to see what you think is the running lights if you are able to show me lol I see a reflection of the lights on the bumper, is that what you are saying is the running lights?

How do you know it is 'a reflection of the lights on the bumper' and not running lights that you see?

Think about the defense opening statement versus the witnesses they called. We're missing a bunch aren't we??? lol

Yes what happened to all of the promises they made to the jury in OS?

Remember when Maline talked to the media, and said they knew they had to prove CM innocent??

Well in the end where are those proof witnesses from the DT to prove CMs innocence?

Heck in the end the DT couldnt even shore up CMs nonverifiable alibi. It's still stands as totally unsubstantiated, and nonexistent.

No evidence entered by the DT proving CM wasn't in the McStay home on the 4th.

So what did they actually prove to the jury?

All I've seen was lot of promises made by the DT, but very little... if any promises kept. Imo

Jmoo

Does Maline not know how Google works? So dumb that we trying to make a deal about DK not dialing directory assistance for the numbers to the sheriff's dept.
Not only that, why does it matter?
What mattered to me was Mr Imes' surrebuttable.
On 2/10/10 DK called the Sheriff's department and the San Diego Police Department.
Surely the DT knew that long ago.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members