GUILTY AZ - Sex abuse probe after patient in vegetative state has baby, Phoenix, 29 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

This absolutely disgusts me-and I am convinced that there are other people who work there who knew exactly what was going on there, which makes me wonder if literally all women who live in nursing facilities in the same condition, are victims of the same type of abuse.

I guess it says a lot about how evil so many people are. Abuse in nursing home facilities is just TOO common. It's not rare and it's rarely just one person. People know and are complicit until someone gets caught. And in nursing homes we are talking about abusing and taking advantage of the most vulnerable. It's sickening.

I have a cousin in this woman's condition. It just absolutely sickens me to think of all the people involved in sexually abusing a helpless person and covering it up or just being callous and horrible people who look the other way because they don't care or don't want to rock the boat.

I don't understand. If she gave birth before where the hell is the baby?!

Would this evidence only be consistent with a full term birth?
Or would it be consistent with a miscarriage?
Is it an exact science or is it more like hymen evidence which is far from exact?

I want this to be wrong, I don't want to think this is even worse....

Is it an exact science or is it more like hymen evidence which is far from exact?

The first thought that occurred to me is highly speculative but...
if indeed there was another baby born, did someone in want of a baby, perhaps receive one as a "gift" or otherwise? imo.

I share your questions. *warning tmi and could be a trigger*

I had a blighted ovum miscarriage (where the sac develops but no baby) at 11 weeks, the results of which were obvious. I can’t imagine that anything further along and/or with an actual fetus would be missed in someone who was bedridden. And anything smaller/earlier than that, I wouldn’t think would be detectable after the fact. That said, I am not a medical professional, so relying on personal experience only.

Yeah-there was a full term baby, or a miscarriage, neither of which could be ignored, so the staff in that place are FULLY aware of what’s going of there, if the examination proves to be correct about this baby not probably being the product of her first pregnancy. I don’t know why I am shocked-I’m an old lady; nothing I am hearing should shock me. If she was my daughter, my life would be dedicated to ruining the lives of that guy, and each and every person who works, or worked at that nursing home who knew or should have known what was happening.

I was thinking the same thing. Did they abort it? Sell it? Take it home? This case is so very troubling. That poor woman and her family.

This is info I never heard before...

Dr. Thanh Nguyen is on the June 3 Arizona Medical Board agenda for a case, initiated by a complaint, that is set for dismissal. Board officials said they could not release any further details about the caseor the complaint.

Nguyen "no longer sees any patients at Hacienda and has not since January," Hacienda officials confirmed Wednesday in an email via spokesman David Leibowitz. He added that Nguyen was never a Hacienda employee.

The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, which is Arizona's Medicaid program, in January suspended Nguyen's provider agreement. A Jan. 14 letter to Nguyen, says the doctor, "placed the health and welfare of AHCCCS members in danger."

The letter, which was also sent to Hacienda HealthCare, says that AHCCCS determined "that the health or welfare of one or more AHCCCS members is endangered by leaving AHCCCS members in your care."

The suspension is still in effect, AHCCCS spokeswoman Heidi Capriotti said.

Doctor who saw patients at Hacienda HealthCare faces medical board over complaint

January. Is this something they found out during the investigation? They should publish complaints, once they are either founded or unfounded. Good grief!

I was thinking the same thing. Did they abort it? Sell it? Take it home? This case is so very troubling. That poor woman and her family.

Dr. Thanh Nguyen is on the June 3 Arizona Medical Board agenda for a case, initiated by a complaint, that is set for dismissal. Board officials said they could not release any further details about the caseor the complaint.

Nguyen "no longer sees any patients at Hacienda and has not since January," Hacienda officials confirmed Wednesday in an email via spokesman David Leibowitz. He added that Nguyen was never a Hacienda employee.

The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, which is Arizona's Medicaid program, in January suspended Nguyen's provider agreement. A Jan. 14 letter to Nguyen, says the doctor, "placed the health and welfare of AHCCCS members in danger."

The letter, which was also sent to Hacienda HealthCare, says that AHCCCS determined "that the health or welfare of one or more AHCCCS members is endangered by leaving AHCCCS members in your care."

Doctor who saw patients at Hacienda HealthCare faces medical board over complaint

January. Is this something they found out during the investigation? They should publish complaints, once they are either founded or unfounded. Good grief!

I’d like to see this woman’s (victim) family tell the story; what’s more likely to happen is a sum of money will be agreed upon and they’ll sign some sort of agreement not to say anything about this.

The complaint could be as simple as this doctor not actually examining patients during the routine visits to the facility. Her pregnancy could not have been totally invisible upon an exam. OR, it could be a bigger more nefarious type of thing.

I do know that in my mother's nursing home the assigned doctor routinely did not examine her but would review her chart and it would appear as a doctor service provided. It got to the point that we would request to know when the visits were made to ensure that an exam and visit did occur.

People in nursing/long term facilities are so vulnerable across the board---- from the attendant care to the medical care to the assessment for emergent care needed if an accident happens. Just criminal on so many levels.

Woman in Vegetative State Who Gave Birth in Nursing Facility Was 'Violated Repeatedly': Family (with clip)
Relatives of the woman are preparing a civil lawsuit

May 23, 2019

"In newly-filed court documents, the family of the incapacitated woman who gave birth to a child after allegedly being raped by a nurse at a long-term care facility say she was sexually assaulted repeatedly, and had likely been pregnant before.

PEOPLE obtained a copy of the notice of claim filed late Wednesday in Arizona against the state, proposing a $45 million settlement to a civil lawsuit that relatives of the woman — who was 29 at the time of her child’s birth in November — are preparing.

The notice of claim further alleges staffers at Phoenix-based Hacienda HealthCare incorrectly diagnosed her pregnancy on dozens of occasions — at one point, prescribing laxatives for the mass in her stomach....

Citing the woman’s medical records, the court filing alleges she did not menstruate in the months leading up to the baby’s delivery....

Wednesday’s filing further alleges a doctor ordered an ultrasound for the victim the day before she delivered the baby, realizing she might be pregnant.

The claim states the victim was examined at the Maricopa County Medical Center after the baby was born, and officials there determined she had been “violated repeatedly” and that her pregnancy was a “repeat parous event” — meaning she may have been pregnant previously...."

Woman in Vegetative State Who Gave Birth in Nursing Facility Was 'Violated Repeatedly': Family

Woman in Vegetative State Who Gave Birth in Nursing Facility Was 'Violated Repeatedly': Family (with clip)
Relatives of the woman are preparing a civil lawsuit

May 23, 2019

"In newly-filed court documents, the family of the incapacitated woman who gave birth to a child after allegedly being raped by a nurse at a long-term care facility say she was sexually assaulted repeatedly, and had likely been pregnant before.

PEOPLE obtained a copy of the notice of claim filed late Wednesday in Arizona against the state, proposing a $45 million settlement to a civil lawsuit that relatives of the woman — who was 29 at the time of her child’s birth in November — are preparing.

The notice of claim further alleges staffers at Phoenix-based Hacienda HealthCare incorrectly diagnosed her pregnancy on dozens of occasions — at one point, prescribing laxatives for the mass in her stomach....

Citing the woman’s medical records, the court filing alleges she did not menstruate in the months leading up to the baby’s delivery....

Wednesday’s filing further alleges a doctor ordered an ultrasound for the victim the day before she delivered the baby, realizing she might be pregnant.

The claim states the victim was examined at the Maricopa County Medical Center after the baby was born, and officials there determined she had been “violated repeatedly” and that her pregnancy was a “repeat parous event” — meaning she may have been pregnant previously...."

Woman in Vegetative State Who Gave Birth in Nursing Facility Was 'Violated Repeatedly': Family
Whaaa??!! Why was she not immediately hospitalized?! I’ve been really trying to give the staff & doctor(s) the benefit of the doubt, but this news pretty much ends that for me.

The cynical side of me wonders if they've instituted a new policy of providing some form of surreptitious birth control to their helpless female patients. So often it's more about the "cover up" and mitigating damages, and not really about making the changes that might improve the conditions for those in such a helpless state. The super-cynical side of me worries that the over-riding philosophy at places like these is that, at the end of the day, it's still a "business." MOO IMO

Police reports shed light on rape probe at Phoenix facility

July 2, 2019

"PHOENIX (AP) — Weeks before an employee of a long-term care facility in Phoenix was arrested in the rape of an incapacitated patient, some of his co-workers speculated that a member of the victim’s family was responsible, with a company official even using a slur in suggesting that a relative could be the culprit, according to police reports.

The comments raised questions about whether Hacienda Healthcare employees were trying to shift away blame for the rape of the 30-year-old woman or were in denial about who was responsible. Three weeks after the woman gave birth, police arrested a nurse in January after DNA testing.

A company official, whose name was redacted from the reports, noted in the presence of an officer that the victim was a member of the San Carlos Apache tribe and said incest was common on the reservation, according to the records. Phoenix police declined a request from The Associated Press to identify the male employee who made the slur.

The disparaging comment was mentioned in one of several reports released in recent weeks. The comment was made when officers were serving a search warrant at the facility days after the woman gave birth.

A handful of senior Hacienda executives were called into a conference room to gather documents. The comment was heard by an officer as the company updated investigators on the progress in rounding up the documents, according to records....

Several Hacienda Healthcare employees, when asked by police what they had heard about the investigation, said they believed the culprit was a family member, fellow employee or construction worker renovating the facility, according to the records.

Other employees voluntarily suggested a family member could be responsible...."

July 2, 2019

"PHOENIX (AP) — Weeks before an employee of a long-term care facility in Phoenix was arrested in the rape of an incapacitated patient, some of his co-workers speculated that a member of the victim’s family was responsible, with a company official even using a slur in suggesting that a relative could be the culprit, according to police reports.

The comments raised questions about whether Hacienda Healthcare employees were trying to shift away blame for the rape of the 30-year-old woman or were in denial about who was responsible. Three weeks after the woman gave birth, police arrested a nurse in January after DNA testing.

A company official, whose name was redacted from the reports, noted in the presence of an officer that the victim was a member of the San Carlos Apache tribe and said incest was common on the reservation, according to the records. Phoenix police declined a request from The Associated Press to identify the male employee who made the slur.

The disparaging comment was mentioned in one of several reports released in recent weeks. The comment was made when officers were serving a search warrant at the facility days after the woman gave birth.

A handful of senior Hacienda executives were called into a conference room to gather documents. The comment was heard by an officer as the company updated investigators on the progress in rounding up the documents, according to records....

Several Hacienda Healthcare employees, when asked by police what they had heard about the investigation, said they believed the culprit was a family member, fellow employee or construction worker renovating the facility, according to the records.

Other employees voluntarily suggested a family member could be responsible...."

That is disgusting. They should shut this facility down. Not only did they leave a totally vulnerable young woman in harm’s way, but then they tried to blame her family. Just disgusting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back