Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just so little that hints at this being SM related, IMO. All we know in reality is that BG was behind them near the end of the bridge, then at some point said, "down the hill," and an indeterminate number of minutes later, killed them.

The fact that two teenage girls were using a SM feature prior to their murders does not automatically mean they were being followed online by BG. We don't know that they weren't, either, of course.

And this is probably far reaching, but if BG had seen their SC photo or something, than he would have known Libby was taking pictures on the trail. I'd then be more apt to expect him to take and destroy her phone.
Yeah, especially with the amount of time that has passed.

Not only do I think that the odds of a social media connection have declined precipitously, but I think the odds of any sort of personal connection have declined as well.

This is going exactly as one would expect it to go, if the perpetrator was a stranger.

He might NOT have close, true friends, that really know him but I do think he blends into the Delphi community. He wears a mask for society. Might be squeaky clean choir boy type.
I would hope that parents/family won't cover for him, but who knows...trying to guess why no one has id' ed him yet.
JMO I agree. Squeaky clean and the parents are oblivious to the fact that sonny boy could even be involved. I think his small circle of friends are clueless too.

No apologies MizStery required....this is the first video of this HLN snippet. It is not what DCarter said that interested me....it was THE LAST 6 seconds spoken BY THE INTERVIEWER: "The families of those girls have not spoken publicly since that last sketch has been released."
Any thoughts???? Heretofore the families have been open, accessible and done many interviews to keep the case in the news. What's going on? Thoughts??
www.facebook.com/HLN/posts/185392105711412/
Jumping off my post....I hate to ask, but I watched a lot of videos recently and there was a member of LE who stated (paraphrasing).... Some witnesses did not provide truthful alibis. I seem to remember it was at the end of a video/interview. Does anyone remember and have a link...it is really important. And, I don't normally ask for anyone to help me find videos, but I a got that "gut wrenching feeling".....ya' know the cold breeze type that says a storm is coming?

Last edited:
The phone was found with the girls at the crime scene:

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

And it was Mike Patty who stated it, not LE:

Community continues to search for missing teens in Carroll County

The phone may have pinged "all over town", but that does not mean that the phone itself was all over town; just that the phone was pinging off different towers. And that's not uncommon.

• Actually the real question is how did MP know the phone was pinging all over town?

The “mention” could’ve been as simple as “somebody’s behind us on the bridge, hope he turns back”. That he didn’t is why I think the girls continued walking to the end, even if they hasn’t intended to. There was something about him that caused them not to want to walk back, which would’ve required them to pass him midway on the high, narrow bridge.
JMO

All along, I've been assuming that the "man" they mentioned in the audio is BG. Has LE confirmed this anywhere in MSM? I'm trying to look at the elements in this case with fresh eyes. Isn't it possible they made an off hand comment about some other guy who was there that day? JMO

(Snipped by me for brevity & BBM)

Based on the 2:07pm SnapChat photo it would appear that the girls were about 1/3rd of the way across the bridge. Locals have said (IIRC) that you could cross the bridge in 5-10 minutes. Assuming their goal was to cross the bridge fully and they were not dawdling, Libby and Abby could have been off the bridge at the SE end by 2:15pm. But they recorded BG on the bridge walking SE towards them from an estimated 60-70 ft away at 2:30pm. Maybe the girls explored at the SE end for a while before planning to re-cross the bridge to get back to their pick up spot on time. I'm not sure it really even matters, but just curious about the girls movements that day. Wondering if it was every reported in an interview with the family or LE if they had a planned route?

No, I don’t believe it’s been reported where they walked on the bridge or if anyone other than the murderer would know. But your scenario is possible as well. LE also hasn’t said if additional photos were found on Libby’s cellphone, taken after the SC photo at 2:07 but prior to the video. I’m only guessing but most people take multiple photos and share very few.

Jumping off my post....I hate to ask, but I watched a lot of videos recently and there was a member of LE who stated (paraphrasing).... Some witnesses did not provide truthful alibis. I seem to remember it was at the end of a video/interview. Does anyone remember and have a link...it is really important. And, I don't normally ask for anyone to help me find videos, but a got that "gut wrenching feeling".....ya' know the cold breeze type that says a storm is coming?

Is this the link?
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

Or this?
Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

Last edited:
Jumping off my post....I hate to ask, but I watched a lot of videos recently and there was a member of LE who stated (paraphrasing).... Some witnesses did not provide truthful alibis. I seem to remember it was at the end of a video/interview. Does anyone remember and have a link...it is really important. And, I don't normally ask for anyone to help me find videos, but a got that "gut wrenching feeling".....ya' know the cold breeze type that says a storm is coming?

jmo - i think they arrested RL shortly after saying that so it must be something older, around that time

• Actually the real question is how did MP know the phone was pinging all over town?

Others here in the past have mentioned there’s an app that indicates which cell tower a cellphone is pinging to but I personally can’t verify that’s true.

But if so, as we know cellphones ping to cell towers within range but also which have the greatest available free space at that moment, a cellphone that’s not moving can appear it’s “pinging around town”.

All along, I've been assuming that the "man" they mentioned in the audio is BG. Has LE confirmed this anywhere in MSM? I'm trying to look at the elements in this case with fresh eyes. Isn't it possible they made an off hand comment about some other guy who was there that day? JMO

It’d be helpful if you include the exact quote.

There's just so little that hints at this being SM related, IMO. All we know in reality is that BG was behind them near the end of the bridge, then at some point said, "down the hill," and an indeterminate number of minutes later, killed them.

The fact that two teenage girls were using a SM feature prior to their murders does not automatically mean they were being followed online by BG. We don't know that they weren't, either, of course.

And this is probably far reaching, but if BG had seen their SC photo or something, than he would have known Libby was taking pictures on the trail. I'd then be more apt to expect him to take and destroy her phone.

Just playing devil’s advocate - as it seems the murderer wasn’t aware Libby caught him in a brief video from afar nor had her audio turned on, he’d really have no reason to take her cellphone. Even more reason not to, if he thought the cellphone would track him instead.

Then there’s the other possible scenario - the girls fled and Libby tossed the cellphone somewhere and he didn’t want to waste time looking for it.

I was shocked as hell to find out that there was zero online connection between Jayme Closs and JP. I thought for sure that there would be something in SM. There wasn't. And that guy actually did target her.

Me too! I was also freaked out he wasn't even on LE radar even after he drove right past him. So the LE cruiser's cameras never recorded his car driving past? I find it so hard to believe!
Do we know for a fact JP didn't research her address for her name etc...prior?
He may have NEVER contacted her but I bet he researched her via sm, address, etc...
I guess there's so much we may never know in this case until the coward turns himself in or a friend does!

In one of the interviews/Q&A with Mike Patty and/or Becky Patty on Gray Hughes' channel, they talk about how they tried to find out info about the location of Libby's phone directly from the phone company while they were searching. They got the run around, but then law enforcement helped them out later that evening on the 13th. So presumably that's where the "pinging around town" came from (note it's not 'all over' town - small difference maybe but let's keep the quote accurate).

It’d be helpful if you include the exact quote.

There really isn't an exact quote. We don't know what the girls said, only know how LE phrased it, and it's been said in several different ways. Here's one of them:

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

In one of the interviews/Q&A with Mike Patty and/or Becky Patty on Gray Hughes' channel, they talk about how they tried to find out info about the location of Libby's phone directly from the phone company while they were searching. They got the run around, but then law enforcement helped them out later that evening on the 13th. So presumably that's where the "pinging around town" came from (note it's not 'all over' town - small difference maybe but let's keep the quote accurate).
Thanks for this answer. I wasn’t aware they received the ping information through their own efforts.

Me too! I was also freaked out he wasn't even on LE radar even after he drove right past him. So the LE cruiser's cameras never recorded his car driving past? I find it so hard to believe!
Do we know for a fact JP didn't research her address for her name etc...prior?
He may have NEVER contacted her but I bet he researched her via sm, address, etc...
I guess there's so much we may never know in this case until the coward turns himself in or a friend does!

He may very well have sleuthed her online, but that hasn't been disclosed. And yeah, I can't believe that he literally drove right past LE with her in the trunk. That is also "the stuff of nightmares."

Others here in the past have mentioned there’s an app that indicates which cell tower a cellphone is pinging to but I personally can’t verify that’s true.

But if so, as we know cellphones ping to cell towers within range but also which have the greatest available free space at that moment, a cellphone that’s not moving can appear it’s “pinging around town”.
This is absolutely correct. Cell towers will "load balance". Meaning, if one tower has high traffic and is reaching efficient capacity, it will direct incoming network traffic to the next nearest cell tower.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Perhaps I've missed it as this thread moves fast! Has anyone discussed whether Libby had "Find my Friend" on her phone? If they were catfishes and accepted the Perp as a friend on this app, he could have easily tracked them moment by moment.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member