Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy was following them through one of those apps, he’d almost certainly be behind bars right now.

That leaves a digital trail, and I’ve never heard of a crime like this, committed in that way.

I think that’s way too sophisticated for a guy that was this brazen, reckless, and stupid.

DBM

Does anyone remember LE saying that the voice on the audio seems frustratingly familiar to some of them? They presumably have more audio than we have heard so this would be very interesting if true. I can’t find the MSM source for this anywhere, but I think I read it on this thread around the time of the murder/sexual assaults of three women at a Christian bookstore in St. Louis. There was rampant speculation that the perpetrator there was BG because of the hat on that suspect and the hat in the OBG sketch.

Yes, quite a bit of discussion about the comment “I know that voice” at the time, found here -
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

If the bodies had been well hidden in the middle of nowhere, checking to see if the victims had cellphones would make sense, to make it more difficult to locate them. I think he didn’t care because as you say, he didn’t expect video or audio, and he knew his victims would be found so a leaving cellphone was neither here nor there.

I wonder if his cell phone didn't work at that location in the past and he possibly assumed theirs wouldn't either not thinking about photos/video. You know how some companies have spotty coverage. Moo

Some members have asked, while considering theories, about the private road that goes under the bridge and how BG may have parked a vehicle on that road to use in his plan. I've outlined the road in red (from the bridge... to the cemetery) if traveling on "rural country roads." It involves taking a left onto W200N Road. If you take a right on W200N, you have to pass over Route 25. There is no entrance ramp. If you pass over Route 25, you will be heading directly to the town of Delphi. Of course, you can get to the cemetery by literally traveling down Main Street through Delphi center. From W200N you can take a left onto State Road 39 and head to Route 25 that way... taking Route 25 north to the MHBT and then the cemetery.

ET Remove my own theory. I really just wanted those who had questions about where the road goes to be able to visualize the road system in the area.

In aerial shots of the bridge you can see a road there. Not sure if that's what you're talking about. Until this crime I seriously had no idea that there was a road down there or how to get to it. I'd either never noticed it or it's not nearly as visible in person as it is on the map.

Also the last feed had a post that mentioned the family having issues with the phone company and getting info on tracking/pinging. Just curious why that would be as I was under the impression that the phone was Grandma's?
If you listen to the interview from the link I posted on page 2, you’ll hear that the carrier was apparently telling BP that she needs to install an app (on the missing phone) to be able to track it.

Yes, quite a bit of discussion about the comment “I know that voice” at the time, found here -
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Thank you!! Unfortunately it looks like “I know that voice” is another one of the frequent LE statements that can be interpreted different ways....if they really had heard that voice surely one of the local officers would have connected the dots by now.

I wonder if rural Indiana dialect is known to be vague? I am not in Indiana, but my husband has certainly accused me of being less than clear on occasion. Things like saying “we need the car” vs “we need the driver of the car” when they mean the same thing are relatable and not unusual to me. I’m not sure if I can say the same about “I know that voice” when referring to people other than myself, though (as in referencing other officers).

In aerial shots of the bridge you can see a road there. Not sure if that's what you're talking about. Until this crime I seriously had no idea that there was a road down there or how to get to it. I'd either never noticed it or it's not nearly as visible in person as it is on the map.

I saw a Youtube video that showed the road past the bridge towards the house at the end of the road. It was hardly more than a wide path. Under the bridge and back towards the other way, it seemed a little bit wider.
You can see the road pretty clearly by adjusting back in Google Earth to 4-2017 when the leaf cover is gone. It's just a 2 rut road in the woods.

JMO
Everything ties back to the timing the witness for sketch #2 saw BG. I know we are not all on the same page with this...but I can't help saying it again. I think BG was seen by witness 2 in the parking area prior to the crimes.

If the witness was off with the time, it could have allowed BG for an alibi that did not exist, or BG could have given a great reason for being spotted there earlier that day and was never spotted on the trail.

I am leaning towards someone saying they were with BG at the time of the murders even if they weren't (thinking he was doing 'a favour for a buddy'), or BG supplying a receipt (again...that same buddy sent to 'do a favour') or even showing a receipt for a restaurant or something.

I am thinking that Robert Ives coming back from retirement is a very positive sign this case is moving in a forward direction.

Lol. I was thinking that we have heard more info from Carter in the past 4ish weeks than we have in a while!

I will happily take it as I would like to believe that he and his team are just getting their ducks lined up in a row and are readying themselves for an arrest. ;0)
JMO
YES, YES, YES.....you've got it!

Have wanted to post for a long time that "dressing like an older man to throw off investigators" is nothing new. A young 24 year old (bible toting....not a criticism, a fact) firefighter in California,
" Hearn said he entered the building wearing a mask disguised as an old man" knowing he would be scene on surveillance video to kill Robert Limon. (read on middle of attached article):
Day five of the Sabrina Limon murder trial

The biggest thing I think is still missing is the suspect’s DNA.
Hi HAN great point....DNA is not missing, it is there. However the DNA has to be matched to the perp. We went through the same thing 'in our neck of the woods', so to speak. LE had plenty of DNA but the offender was not in the CODIS system because DNA samples were not taken for minors. It wasn't until his crime spree continued and he was arrested as an adult, for a felony robbery in another county, that investigators were able to get a hit on CODIS. The whole process took nearly 10 months.

I saw a Youtube video that showed the road past the bridge towards the house at the end of the road. It was hardly more than a wide path. Under the bridge and back towards the other way, it seemed a little bit wider.
You can see the road pretty clearly by adjusting back in Google Earth to 4-2017 when the leaf cover is gone. It's just a 2 rut road in the woods.

Yes, I can see it in the pictures and Google Earth. I've just never noticed it in person.

If this guy was following them through one of those apps, he’d almost certainly be behind bars right now.

That leaves a digital trail, and I’ve never heard of a crime like this, committed in that way.

I think that’s way too sophisticated for a guy that was this brazen, reckless, and stupid.
O/T
Your avatar! :D Nice! Crazy Fraz*e. Today is the day ... pleading guilty or not.

It is my understanding Libby also took photos with her own camera (separate from camera on cell phone.) I have seen the pictures of Abby which I believe were found on SnapChat. Has it ever been stated whether the camera was recovered? I do know one of the Youtubers created a video simulating Libby taking photos but want to know if this was fact. If so, I think it possibly could have been an additional trigger for the suspect I have in mind.

On Google Earth it strikes me as a glorified driveway for the couple of properties back there, or at most a country lane. Questionable whether it's paved, or whether it gets any traffic aside from the residents of those homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks