Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body of the search warrant:

TO SEARCH FOR AND TO SEIZE AND ANALYZE:

Evidence of Criminal Homicide, in violation of Oregon Revised Statute 163.005, said evidence to include but not be limited to the bodies of Karissa Alyn Fretwell, date of birth 08/09/1993 and her son, William Alan Fretwell II, date of birth 02/18/16, clothing of said individuals to include but not be limited to a white tee shirt or similar shirt, black colored leggings or similar pants, a red tee shirt with a black colored "A" on the front, dark colored sweat type pants, similar pants, other clothing consistent with being worn by a three year old boy, latent prints, blood, hair, saliva, fibers, DNA, and other trace evidence that may lead to the identification of a suspect, other evidence of ownership, possession, and occupancy of said vehicle to include cell phones and their stored contents, wallets, purses, and their contents including driver licenses, identification cards, credit cards, notes, and other personal items, vehicle keys, registrations, titles, bills of sale, other DMV documents, insurance papers, car rental agreements, recent traffic citations, and other documents.

D7TWeWBU0AA8qtO.jpg

Body of the search warrant:

TO SEARCH FOR AND TO SEIZE AND ANALYZE:

Evidence of Criminal Homicide, in violation of Oregon Revised Statute 163.005, said evidence to include but not be limited to the bodies of Karissa Alyn Fretwell, date of birth 08/09/1993 and her son, William Alan Fretwell II, date of birth 02/18/16, clothing of said individuals to include but not be limited to a white tee shirt or similar shirt, black colored leggings or similar pants, a red tee shirt with a black colored "A" on the front, dark colored sweat type pants, similar pants, other clothing consistent with being worn by a three year old boy, latent prints, blood, hair, saliva, fibers, DNA, and other trace evidence that may lead to the identification of a suspect, other evidence of ownership, possession, and occupancy of said vehicle to include cell phones and their stored contents, wallets, purses, and their contents including driver licenses, identification cards, credit cards, notes, and other personal items, vehicle keys, registrations, titles, bills of sale, other DMV documents, insurance papers, car rental agreements, recent traffic citations, and other documents.

View attachment 185759

Searching for Evidence of Criminal Homicide doesn’t sound good. :( I wonder if they are treating the case as a homicide or if that’s just a formality? Forgive me if I’ve missed an update that would have clarified that.

So, some info + some guesses that may or may not pertain, but seems absolutely reasonable to me...

When her son was born, she was an approximately 22 year old single mom, probably in her first year or two of college at Chemeketa, or maybe hadn't started college yet. She worked, but at jobs that are not high paying. )

(Regardless of whether it's fast food or security... I was surprised to learn, from my son, just a couple weeks ago, is barely making above minimum wage working part time as security - with a different company - while he attends school at Western.)

She probably did not have insurance from work, and probably needed to supplement her income with food stamps. So she likely had food stamps AND OHP.

Thing is, when you apply for OHP for a child, and the other parent is not in the household, you are required to include all available information about the parent, unless you can show that it would put you or the child in danger if the state went after paternity and support. The state handles it, including forcing paternity testing, if the dad is not listed on the birth certificate.

I haven't looked at the case you guys linked to, I'm on mobile, but I remember that there was nothing in my case paperwork that made it obvious that it was through the state. Then again,my youngest is nearly an adult. Things might've changed, maybe it says.

And when I say required, I mean really. Refusing to provide the info results in a denial without good reason for refusing. I don't know of anyone who successfully did it, and I have one friend who was made to give info despite active domestic violence.

So there's my guess... She probably didn't "go after him" for child support, just passively allowed child support enforcement to do it's job. And the timeline is reasonable for exactly that.

Oh... And I'm very curious where he vehicle was stolen from and where it was recovered.

I had two different vehicles stolen last year, both were recovered in just a few days with no damage, within 5 miles of home... Which, I understand, is the normal end of the spectrum these days.

Both were retrieved by me when law enforcement found them, decided they appeared driveable, and, since I could be there within 30 minutes, allowed me to pick up the car instead of having it towed.

They don't impound recovered cars when found unless they have some other, already known, more serious crime to investigate and preserve evidence for. Not in Oregon. They can rarely get convictions on car there, it isn't worth the time or manpower.

I have been afraid that the father of beautiful William would be the subject of investigation since day one. What a mess. I feel so bad for Karissa, her beautiful little boy, her loved ones and Michael Wolfe's wife and children. I really feel like Karissa was working hard to make a good life for her and her son. My guess is that she wanted nothing to do with the father but may have needed to apply for some assistance, especially if she wanted to continue her education. Applying for assistance probably required some action to make the father become responsible. I might be wrong but I got divorced (in Oregon) and was exactly the same age as Karissa with a little boy the same age as little William. I never applied for any assistance and I didn't pursue child support. I was too afraid and was happy to be rid of my ex husband. So, my thinking is that Karissa was happy to raise her little boy on her own and would not have pursued any support without having to. I don't know. :( I just wish that she and William never had to go through anything bad and am still hanging on to the thread of hope that they are going to be found safe.

Friend: Missing mom 'scared' of son's father

Snip
"I know they had some problems because he was married and she was a little scared of him," Holcomb said. "Because after she got pregnant, he did threaten her at one time."

According to Holcomb, Fretwell confided in her that Wolfe didn't want anyone to find out about their son -- and that if she told his wife, "he would hurt her."

Snip
"I know they had some problems because he was married and she was a little scared of him," Holcomb said. "Because after she got pregnant, he did threaten her at one time."

According to Holcomb, Fretwell confided in her that Wolfe didn't want anyone to find out about their son -- and that if she told his wife, "he would hurt her."

And, there you have it. :( And, it didn't happen just once...and it was bad enough that police were called...

Fretwell's neighbors told KOIN 6 News they heard Fretwell and a man arguing on several occasions. Police responded to one such argument a couple of months ago.

If she had told her friends that she feared him it's also possible she would have told them the circumstances surrounding Billy's conception.

I truly hope that this wasn't a situation where Karissa had no choice but to apply for assistance and then was forced to give up the information on the father despite her fear and threats to her safety.

I'll never understand how these men feel that life in prison is a better option than paying child support. I don't get that logic I guess. So maddening.

Update #1

KF is originally from Northwood, ND per her FB, received her AAOT at Chemeketa Community College, attended Dallas High School, formerly employed by Jimmy Johns and McDonalds, currently employed as an overnight security guard at Cascade Steel Rolling Mills and studying education at Western Oregon University.

Feb 18, 2016 BF is born

2017 KF graduated Chemeketa Community College

Early 2018 KF was living at the apts per neighbor, AR, Google Maps

June 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Filed (Filiation), State of OR and KF Petitioners, MW Respondent

Sept 25, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Judgement establishing paternity

Dec 21, 2018 Case 18DR13448 Motion to set Child Support

Feb 6, 2019 Case 18DR13448 Show Cause paperwork mailed to MW; court records list his address 2700 NW Phillips Road

Mid-March, 2019 (reported as approx 2 months ago) Neighbor RA heard an argument in KF's apt
"We heard a man and woman arguing incredibly loud," Allen said. "The man was swearing a lot and there was a kid crying in the background, and the woman was yelling at him to get out of her apartment."

Mon, Apr 15, 2019
Fri, May 3, 2019 KF’s vehicle was reported stolen (see May 8)

Wed, May 8, 2019 KF receives parking ticket 19PK98356 notated 5/11 as pending dismissal because vehicle was reported stolen 5/3, recovered 5/10

Fri, May 10, 2019 KF cited for two more parking tickets 19PK100534 and 19PK101147 on the day her vehicle was recovered

Sat, May 11, 2019 Friend MH last spoke with KF, KF asked about installing a Ring camera

Mon, May 13, 2019 KF and her son were last seen

Fri, May 17, 2019
Sun, May 19, 2019
Mon, May 20, 2019
Tues, May 21, 2019 A search warrant listing MW as a suspect was signed May 21 by a Polk County judge

Thu, May 23, 2019

Last edited:
So, some info + some guesses that may or may not pertain, but seems absolutely reasonable to me...

When her son was born, she was an approximately 22 year old single mom, probably in her first year or two of college at Chemeketa, or maybe hadn't started college yet. She worked, but at jobs that are not high paying. )

(Regardless of whether it's fast food or security... I was surprised to learn, from my son, just a couple weeks ago, is barely making above minimum wage working part time as security - with a different company - while he attends school at Western.)

She probably did not have insurance from work, and probably needed to supplement her income with food stamps. So she likely had food stamps AND OHP.

Thing is, when you apply for OHP for a child, and the other parent is not in the household, you are required to include all available information about the parent, unless you can show that it would put you or the child in danger if the state went after paternity and support. The state handles it, including forcing paternity testing, if the dad is not listed on the birth certificate.

I haven't looked at the case you guys linked to, I'm on mobile, but I remember that there was nothing in my case paperwork that made it obvious that it was through the state. Then again,my youngest is nearly an adult. Things might've changed, maybe it says.

And when I say required, I mean really. Refusing to provide the info results in a denial without good reason for refusing. I don't know of anyone who successfully did it, and I have one friend who was made to give info despite active domestic violence.

So there's my guess... She probably didn't "go after him" for child support, just passively allowed child support enforcement to do it's job. And the timeline is reasonable for exactly that.

Whenever someone applies for state aid here in Oregon, the paperwork and case worker will ask for the father's info and they will ask you if you need help establishing paternity or proceeding with obtaining child support. Oregon wants to make sure that another party who might be responsible for the financial aspect pay for a minor's health ins and other needs before Oregon is stuck with the bill. Most states go after the dad or mom when someone applies for aid.

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
MISSING MOM & SON: Investigators have been at the Gaston home of Michael Wolfe all night looking for clues in disappearance of Karissa Fretwell & their shared 3 y/o son, Billy. Young mom & son were last seen a week & a half ago. Wolfe IDed as person of interest in disappearance.
D7VRA6sUcAInbuB.jpg
D7VRA6tUcAApgho.jpg
D7VRA6uU0AE7ZQZ.jpg

5:29 AM - 24 May 2019

(Snipped for space)

Welcome Tealrose and thanks for your insights! IMO your guess is probably right. That makes a lot of sense.

They truly need to expand their search along Hwy 6 which is in the area where he lives that goes to Tillamook which is on the coast (home to the best ice cream). It is speculated he was seen on that road prior to him being spotted at the Safeway in Forest Grove. Hwy 6 and 101 are coast range roads leading to the coast which is heavily populated with forests and logging roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd