MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #3

Some transcript published here:

“We had the call over here, someone was screaming in the back. We pulled up here, we were about to clear and go to another call,” Harrity said. “She just came up out of nowhere on the side of the thing. We both got spooked, I had my gun out. I didn’t fire. And Noor pulled his gun out and fired.”

There’s more than an hour’s worth of audio and video from that night in total.

'Keep Your Mouth Shut': Most Evidence From Mohamed Noor Trial Released

(Sorry for so many posts. As you can imagine, this is of huge - but sad :( - interest to us Aussies. )

Last edited:
Heartbreaking listening to the 911 calls. All she was doing was trying to help someone and was clearly concerned.

I have not followed this since the beginning, of course like many I was aware of it but did not follow the case here I mean. So this may have been brought up before but the 911 calls and what happened make me wonder what 911 protocol is, I have no idea. It strikes me if they had just stayed on the phone with her from the first call and certainly from the second, it could have been transmitted to the officers where she was, where she was waiting, she could have been told to stay inside, when the officers were arriving, what to do, etc. I admit to not knowing if that would be normal protocol or not but it very well would have let the officers know she was the caller, etc. when they arrived.

Not judging so much as saying it seems to me that doing such could have prevented this, the officers would be aware of where the caller is, etc.

Did it also say or maybe I just read it in one of the links they were going to clear the call and move on? Did they actually find the girl that was screaming, etc. and the perpetrator?

Again, I did not follow it religiously so thanks in advance if anyone can provide the answers, just trying to get that full picture.

Jmo.

RSBM ....

Did it also say or maybe I just read it in one of the links they were going to clear the call and move on? Did they actually find the girl that was screaming, etc. and the perpetrator?

Again, I did not follow it religiously so thanks in advance if anyone can provide the answers, just trying to get that full picture.

Jmo.

"Officers searched the area and found no suspects or signs of the suspected rape."
The 911 call to report suspected rape that led to police shooting innocent woman minutes later

So, no apparent sign of suspected rape/rapist/victim/. And yes, they were just about ready to move on.
I don't think that they got out of their car though, for any kind of close up look or for a look in any adjacent or nearby yard, just did a drive down the alley.

Last edited:
"Officers searched the area and found no suspects or signs of the suspected rape."
The 911 call to report suspected rape that led to police shooting innocent woman minutes later

So, no apparent sign of suspected rape/rapist/victim/. And yes, they were just about ready to move on.
I don't think that they got out of their car though, for any kind of close up look or for a look in any adjacent or nearby yard, just did a drive down the alley.

Thank you, that is what I was wondering about, did they have any intent of looking into this? Justine had called twice and was concerned. As I said, I did not follow it in detail from the beginning.

Thank you also for all of the evidence links thus far you have posted. I have looked at them all I think.

How police departments decide whether or not to send officers to a call is interesting. When we lived in Las Vegas, we once saw a drunk guy doing an air guitar, and several other antics. Why bother to call the police? LEO could care less about another drunk in Vegas.

The small town I live in now, 3 squad cars would have shown up...and the drunk would have been taken to jail.

I bet that the officers would have just driven by...looked to see if there was trouble, and driven on...

How police departments decide whether or not to send officers to a call is interesting. When we lived in Las Vegas, we once saw a drunk guy doing an air guitar, and several other antics. Why bother to call the police? LEO could care less about another drunk in Vegas.

The small town I live in now, 3 squad cars would have shown up...and the drunk would have been taken to jail.

I bet that the officers would have just driven by...looked to see if there was trouble, and driven on...

I have often wondered if what Justine heard was a domestic rape taking place in someone's back yard.
Something like that might account for no-one (seemingly) coming forward about their rape that night.
And someone perhaps silencing the victim when they heard a car in the alley, so no further sounds were heard.

Either way, if there is another victim here - one who was subjected to rape - they would be well aware that the rape was the first step in a series of events that ended (and started) terribly.

Good point. Three squads for an air guitar player :) seems extreme but someone possibly being attacked and raped getting just a drive by surely is not right either.

Bigger cities and smaller towns certainly do vary.

Imo.

I have often wondered if what Justine heard was a domestic rape taking place in someone's back yard.
Something like that might account for no-one (seemingly) coming forward about their rape that night.
And someone perhaps silencing the victim when they heard a car in the alley, so no further sounds were heard.

Either way, if there is another victim here - one who was subjected to rape - they would be well aware that the rape was the first step in a series of events that ended (and started) terribly.

Since I had not followed the case closely, I wondered if she even ended up being a witness and whether she was saved or the perp arrested. I imagine at least at the point when a gunshot(s?) was heard the perp would have took off at minimum. When further police presence arrived, ambulance, etc., for sure any perp would have fled? Or, as you say silenced the victim. Had that victim died, Mpls. would have had two deaths on their hands from one incident. They could well have been witnesses was another thought.

I guess I wondered if they came forward or at least she came forward but most likely not or it would be known?

I don't know how likely it is to have one's windows open in Mpls. in the summer but that could have contributed to hearing someone screaming even in another home or yard or the back alley from inside of your own.

The two people though certainly know by now that what was going on with them was part of this incident, as you said.

I am a little light on coffee yet this morn so hoping that all made sense :)

RSBM .....

I don't know how likely it is to have one's windows open in Mpls. in the summer but that could have contributed to hearing someone screaming even in another home or yard or the back alley from inside of your own.

As Justine was home on her own that night, it is very possible that a window was open ... or at least no airconditioning was running. Aussies can tolerate very high temps. We are used to them. We even enjoy a hot summer's night.
When I visit the US in the summertime, I often feel a bit chilly because airconditioning is on all over the place. I would much rather have a window open, and a fan running to move the air around.

What I meant by domestic rape, is domestic violence. A husband/boyfriend raping his wife/girlfriend. No need for a perp to run away then. Just a need to subdue the wife/girlfriend, who may be afraid of her husband/boyfriend anyway.
Domestic violence happens everywhere, behind closed doors, in the "privacy" of people's own property.
If it wasn't reported by the wife/girlfriend, Justine may have been the only person who reported what she could hear.

Last edited:
As Justine was home on her own that night, it is very possible that a window was open ... or at least no airconditioning was running. Aussies can tolerate very high temps. We are used to them. We even enjoy a hot summer's night.
When I visit the US in the summertime, I often feel a bit chilly because airconditioning is on all over the place. I would much rather have a window open, and a fan running to move the air around.

What I meant by domestic rape, is domestic violence. A husband/boyfriend raping his wife/girlfriend. No need for a perp to run away then. Just a need to subdue the wife/girlfriend, who may be afraid of her husband/boyfriend anyway.
Domestic violence happens everywhere, behind closed doors, in the "privacy" of people's own property.
If it wasn't reported by the wife/girlfriend, Justine may have been the only person who reported what she could hear.

I agree 100 percent with the heat and air conditioning preferences. I hate air conditioning unless absolutely necessary and give me open windows any day.

I figured you did mean domestic violence but was unsure if outside, inside, etc. or it could also be someone dating where the man brought the woman home, she refused when he wanted to come in, and an assault resulted...

I agree though it is far more likely it was some neighbors most likely that she heard.
It is one thing that tells me a lot about her even though we never knew her, that she was willing to call to get help for the female. There are so many people these days that won't involve themselves. She even called twice because it was likely continuing. That shows a lot about her, I am so sorry she paid the price for simply trying to help someone.

I hope the other woman left that man at minimum and reported him.

Jmo.

Some neighbour might have been watching *advertiser censored* a little too loudly.

Someone above spoke about 911 protocol....that has been bothering me....I would have thought that they always say stay inside...I feel like I have heard that in movies or tv and it makes sense. It should be mandatory...this clearly was a low priority call and little effort was made by either Harrity or Noor to get out and have a look around or stop by and connect with the person that reported the noise. . I also have to think that someone in that block knows why she might have called but I have never heard that anyone came forward.

Someone above spoke about 911 protocol....that has been bothering me....I would have thought that they always say stay inside...I feel like I have heard that in movies or tv and it makes sense. It should be mandatory...this clearly was a low priority call and little effort was made by either Harrity or Noor to get out and have a look around or stop by and connect with the person that reported the noise. . I also have to think that someone in that block knows why she might have called but I have never heard that anyone came forward.

Seems as though their protocols may not have been used correctly for the situation that night ..... admittedly, while not knowing that Justine was going to be shot and killed by a first responder.

What to expect when you call 911

1. When you call 911, you’ll hear:
“What’s the address of the emergency?”
“Repeat the address for verification.”
“Tell me exactly what happened.”

2. The dispatcher will:
Send help while gathering information for responders
Provide life-saving instructions, if applicable, to you
Remain on the line with you until help arrives, if necessary

911 Home Page

Apparently, Minneapolis 911 use computer generated questions when answering calls, to guide them through their protocols.

One 911 operator resigned because of it. Feeling that she had to tailor her questions and responses to the situation at hand, as she had done during her many years of experience - and she thought she could lose her job anyway because she did not want to follow computer generated guidelines.

IN-DEPTH: Safety Concerns About New Minneapolis 911 Dispatch Software

I think it may have been me that asked about protocols. I thought for one they stayed on the line with a person and gave assistance if needed over the phone until the reason for the call was resolved, responded to, etc.

I agree with your other remark that someone likely was the cause of the call but never apparently came forward.

Jmo.

Noor was acting in a cowardly way,seems like he should never have passed whatever he had to pass to be a cop,a big stuff up who ever let him wear a badge,a lifetime of heartache for her family and hopefully the same for him.

I think Justine was just pleased that the police had turned up and was eager to help who she thought was in danger,she was brave enough to get out and have a look,sadly the officers were not that brave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back