IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Once again, I'm just still frustrated that no one has even been charged with child endangerment or neglect, at the very least...

Don't be too frustrated, LE are working the case behind closed doors. They like to make sure they've got all they need and never give the public all the info they have, it could blow the case. We've just got to be patient and wait.

I'm not a person with patience but I'm learning. LE will get the person / persons responsible. I'm still wondering if Amiah was sold to a 'mate' for money for drugs.

Don't be too frustrated, LE are working the case behind closed doors. They like to make sure they've got all they need and never give the public all the info they have, it could blow the case. We've just got to be patient and wait.

I'm not a person with patience but I'm learning. LE will get the person / persons responsible. I'm still wondering if Amiah was sold to a 'mate' for money for drugs.

Yes patience is difficult but investigations need time as does the justice process when an arrest is made and even then it can be years to conviction. It has to be even so much harder on the families in most cases if we feel that way.

I think this case though is two fold. She has not been found and laid to rest, that bothers as much as the one/or those that are responsible. What someone did is bad enough, they are worse for not advising of where she is, but it is the rare perp that comes clean for sure or does the decent thing or has remorse, that says to me it was no accident. Jmo.

Just checking on Amiah, she was but a baby and did not deserve this.

Still hoping and praying, although it is hard to have that in this case.

Clearly somebody was neglectful, but it's not at all clear yet who might be guilty. You can't just throw them all in jail, as tempting as that might be.
Darn! Where's the fun in not doing that?

Throw them all into jail, and see who sings first! IMO and I realize a silly response to this quite serious matter. Where did he/they put this innocent baby?

Where are you, sweet baby? Please let someone be pressuring law enforcement to keep searching.

I'm feeling pretty discouraged by the deceased/not found threads lately. Especially when someone has been charged. Just tell us where they are already! It's too late for you to spin this. Moo.

Darn! Where's the fun in not doing that?

Throw them all into jail, and see who sings first! IMO and I realize a silly response to this quite serious matter. Where did he/they put this innocent baby?

I'd certainly like to do it...maybe just put them all in a room together and see how long it takes them to come to blows. Or something.

Anyone know what happened about the Fraud charges RL was arrested for. I know they had nothing to do with this case, just thinking.
The case is listed as pending.

Party Search
First: robert
Last: lyons
DOB: 10/16/1998
1 Result
State of Indiana v. ROBERT LYONS
49G15-1904-F6-014946
Court
Marion Superior Court, Criminal Division 15
Case Type
F6 - Felony 6
Filed
04/18/2019
Status
04/18/2019, Pending
Charges
35-43-5-2(d)(4)/F6:Forgery Def, w/intent to defraud, makes/utters written instrument purportedly mad, 35-43-4-2(a)/MA: Theft
Parties
State of Indiana, LYONS
Attorneys
Curry, Cicchini
Case Search - MyCase

Oh, and adding a little info on the charge:

According to court documents, Lyons cashed two checks, one in February for $125 and one in March for $350, at a PLS Check Cashing, 444 E. Sumner Ave., both drawn from the account of [redacted by me - CW III]. The check cashed in March was returning to PLS as fraudulent, leading the manager of the business to contact police.

Both checks had a phone number handwritten on them, which police determined belonged to a friend of Lyons who "was also involved in the missing baby case." When police watched surveillance video from the business, a detective positively identified Lyons as the person cashing both checks, court documents say.

When police spoke to [CW], he said he did not know anything about two of his checks being cashed and that the two fraudulent checks were from an old book of checks that his bank should have canceled "a long time ago." He said he no longer used checks and only kept one checkbook in his bedroom as reference to his account and routing numbers, court documents say.
Father of Missing Baby Amiah Robertson Arrested for Forgery
More at the link.

The number belonged to the woman rl supposed to drop Amiah off with the night she went missing.

Suspect in disappearance of 8-month-old makes court appearance

It just makes for a reminder of the actions of a strange cast of characters here, at least where a few of them are concerned. It also makes one wonder about the relationships between some/all.

Imo anyhow.

It is getting hard to believe Amiah is going to get justice or a proper burial, I don't know that anyone involved feels guilt or shame over that but total strangers think it is very sad.

Is there even a further hearing scheduled in the fraud case? I did not notice one but maybe I missed it.

All jmo.

It just makes for a reminder of the actions of a strange cast of characters here, at least where a few of them are concerned. It also makes one wonder about the relationships between some/all.

Imo anyhow.

It is getting hard to believe Amiah is going to get justice or a proper burial, I don't know that anyone involved feels guilt or shame over that but total strangers think it is very sad.

Is there even a further hearing scheduled in the fraud case? I did not notice one but maybe I missed it.

All jmo.
Pretrial conference scheduled for 5/30/19. I didn't see a specified time.

Pretrial Conference today at 9:00 am. I won't be on to check until late this afternoon. I'm working a 12 hour night shift tonight.
You can check for RL updates at Case Search - MyCase

05/30/2019
Pretrial Conference
Session:
05/30/2019 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Marchal, Helen W.
Nothing in msm yet but he did appear today and has two Pretrial Conferences scheduled in June and July with a Review Hearing in August.

05/30/2019
Appearance Filed
Appearance
For Party:

LYONS, ROBERT
File Stamp:
05/30/2019
06/27/2019
Pretrial Conference
Session:
06/27/2019 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Marchal, Helen W.

Pretrial Conference
Session:
07/18/2019 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Marchal, Helen W.

Review Hearing
Session:
08/15/2019 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Marchal, Helen W.

Thinking about Amiah and checking in.

Shame on anyone involved who could see to it this baby is found and laid to rest as she deserves but refuses to do so or even to tell what they know.

It says a lot about those involved, none of it good. Their just desserts will be served one day and I doubt they will find them very sweet.

The only thing sweet here was this beautiful child.

A bit of a vent on behalf of this child.

Jmo.

Sweet baby Amiah is on my mind every single day. I look at her pictures and just can't fathom how on this earth someone can snuff out the lives of innocent babies and children.

Nothing in the media but I pray LE are still working behind the scenes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back