ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely a risk based on what she said in that live video tonight. She explained why she separated the Serenity stuff from her "official SD Senate" FB page already. She also stated that she had lost business in her profession as a realtor over her involvement in Serenity's case already and knows it will likely cost her votes. Who knows what she will share Thursday but she commented about possibly needing bail money (it was more jokingly at first but then later seemed more serious) so not sure she is being cautious here....JMO.

I wasn't that shocked by a judge sealing things involving Serenity though. I know Lynne mentioned things that were once public are now sealed but we have seen that in other cases too at least until a trial is held. I figured both CD and DG would be filing lawsuits against BHCH/CHS at some point. Maybe the lawyers for one or all parties involved requested things be sealed. We haven't heard of any criminal charges so I am guessing it might be regarding the civil case. Maybe one or both of Serenity's parents have info they don't want revealed to the public?

Not sure on all the reasons a judge will deal things but a lot of the stuff regarding Serenity would already inaccessible to the public she is a minor so maybe it was requested to limit someone from sharing that information publicly too.

MOO
So what do you suppose these documents are that she's referring to? Documents about what? They must not be the things that were once public, but are no longer, because the media would have previously had access to them too and someone would have reported on what was in them, if they're that significant. (Or maybe not since there didn't seem to be a whole lot of reporting going on about this case, except by her)

Are they documents that the family has and they let her see them? Like information that was contained in the divorce or documents regarding the adoption?

So what do you suppose these documents are that she's referring to? Documents about what? They must not be the things that were once public, but are no longer, because the media would have previously had access to them too and someone would have reported on what was in them, if they're that significant. (Or maybe not since there didn't seem to be a whole lot of reporting going on about this case, except by her)

Are they documents that the family has and they let her see them? Like information that was contained in the divorce or documents regarding the adoption?

Lynne said in her live Wednesday that some of what was sealed was available to the public prior to it being sealed. My guess on that is maybe divorce records. Anything with DSS/CPS would likely be private unless DSS or Serenity's parents revealed those documents. Anything from BHCH, doctors, therapists, and such would be protected by HIPAA (at least the resident's records were at the PRTF I worked at) and again would have to be shared via her parents (DG or CD.) DSS could share that info too if they had custody but as far as we know Serenity was not a ward of the state. Custody might be part of the divorce record unless there was more happening with that after the divorce and then I am not sure if the public could view those records. I believe the adoption records would be private too based on DG's interview with Lynne and what DG said about that.

I agree that it is unlikely the media did much digging to find any documentation that may reveal relevant details or offer insight since there wasn't a lot of media coverage especially those digging for info, imo.

My opinion is that DG shared some documents with Lynne. Likely regarding the adoption, divorce, custody, medical records, etc. based on that DG has worked with Lynne.

Bio dad has also worked with Lynne so it is possible she saw documentation regarding Serenity from him too.

Lynne also said initially CD was talking to her so maybe he shared documents prior to whatever went down that made him quit talking to Lynne.

I doubt bio mom (RR) had much paperwork when Lynne visited her but maybe she had some documents available there. Or maybe RR had someone on the outside that could share whatever documents she had stored elsewhere with Lynne.

It is always possible that Lynne went to the courthouse and looked things up too. A lot might be available at the local courthouse. South Dakota doesn't have a lot of that type of information available online.

We know from Lynne's May 16th live video that Lynne reports the BHCH's paperwork for Serenity didn't list DG and that the mother information was left blank and that Lynne saw that documentation herself. I am not sure how Lynne saw that, maybe DG got a copy and showed Lynne. I doubt BHCH could legally share that form with Lynne but I could be wrong and maybe they did showed her. Or maybe DG or CD could signoff on letting Lynne see some of that paperwork.

I don't know if Lynne would have access to the full investigative reports done by DSS and CMS regarding Serenity running. Only parts of those reports were released to the public by Governor Noem and via the media. It is possible that those reports are part of what was sealed. If Lynne saw them, she may have info of other issues that the investigation found regarding BHCH. I know some of the reports from yearly inspections, licensing checks, and such are available to the general public. I don't know where one goes to view them and am unsure how detailed they are. I have only viewed such reports as an employee of an organization and I believe those are more detailed. Those reports do contain confidential information so may be edited prior to the public getting access.

ETA: MOO

Lynne said in her live Wednesday that some of what was sealed was available to the public prior to it being sealed. My guess on that is maybe divorce records. Anything with DSS/CPS would likely be private unless DSS or Serenity's parents revealed those documents. Anything from BHCH, doctors, therapists, and such would be protected by HIPAA (at least the resident's records were at the PRTF I worked at) and again would have to be shared via her parents (DG or CD.) DSS could share that info too if they had custody but as far as we know Serenity was not a ward of the state. Custody might be part of the divorce record unless there was more happening with that after the divorce and then I am not sure if the public could view those records. I believe the adoption records would be private too based on DG's interview with Lynne and what DG said about that.

I agree that it is unlikely the media did much digging to find any documentation that may reveal relevant details or offer insight since there wasn't a lot of media coverage especially those digging for info, imo.

My opinion is that DG shared some documents with Lynne. Likely regarding the adoption, divorce, custody, medical records, etc. based on that DG has worked with Lynne.

Bio dad has also worked with Lynne so it is possible she saw documentation regarding Serenity from him too.

Lynne also said initially CD was talking to her so maybe he shared documents prior to whatever went down that made him quit talking to Lynne.

I doubt bio mom (RR) had much paperwork when Lynne visited her but maybe she had some documents available there. Or maybe RR had someone on the outside that could share whatever documents she had stored elsewhere with Lynne.

It is always possible that Lynne went to the courthouse and looked things up too. A lot might be available at the local courthouse. South Dakota doesn't have a lot of that type of information available online.

We know from Lynne's May 16th live video that Lynne reports the BHCH's paperwork for Serenity didn't list DG and that the mother information was left blank and that Lynne saw that documentation herself. I am not sure how Lynne saw that, maybe DG got a copy and showed Lynne. I doubt BHCH could legally share that form with Lynne but I could be wrong and maybe they did showed her. Or maybe DG or CD could signoff on letting Lynne see some of that paperwork.

I don't know if Lynne would have access to the full investigative reports done by DSS and CMS regarding Serenity running. Only parts of those reports were released to the public by Governor Noem and via the media. It is possible that those reports are part of what was sealed. If Lynne saw them, she may have info of other issues that the investigation found regarding BHCH. I know some of the reports from yearly inspections, licensing checks, and such are available to the general public. I don't know where one goes to view them and am unsure how detailed they are. I have only viewed such reports as an employee of an organization and I believe those are more detailed. Those reports do contain confidential information so may be edited prior to the public getting access.

I don’t care what it is. Unless it will help the public find Serenity she should keep it to herself. If it’s info that indicts the institution where Serenity was staying and she thinks there’s a cover up she should take it to the proper uauthorities. If they don’t follow up then she should take it to the news.

I doubt it’s either of those things and just more personal information about Serenity and her family. I don’t see how that will help the investigation but no doubt it will give ger juicy details and increase her tidbit hungty audience.

As time’s gone on I see her more as a wanna be social media sensation and less as a serious politician, or very nice person for that matter. She’s exploiting the case for personal Benefit And I suspect her party and her handlers Have advised her to knock it off. Stage search events but dont trot out private infomation. This could turn out bad for her . She ought to think long and hard about what she want’s to do with her life because this could derail her career and damage key. political relationships.

And I don’t blame people reluctant to use her as their realtor. I wouldn’t either after her behavior here. what can possibly be in sealed documents that will help Serenity only if she exposes it. My guess is nothing. If I’m wrong I’ll apologize, but I’m not expecting to have to.

@Colorado303 I agree. No one needs to know the personal reasons why Serenity ended up in a residential school. The focus should be on finding Serenity.

I sincerely hope that she crawled under a pine tree, fell into a deep sleep, and nature took over. My wish is that she had no pain, suffering. And I don't want to think that she was picked up by anyone.

As much as we may not like children at institutions, there is a need for places like this, so hopefully more schools saw this situation as an opportunity to improve safety for their residents.

Great post!! You've thoroughly covered almost all the possibilities.

The only other thing I can think of is that she possibly saw reports regarding how the Sheriff's Dept. handled the case/investigation after they received the 911 call and didn't like how it was handled. She was all excited about reporting on the update meeting they were having with the family and then the Sheriff's Dept. told her she was not invited, so she didn't get to attend. She claims the information she's going to discuss tonight is information she feels the public needs to know. Might she be complaining about the Sheriff's Dept. and their handling of the case?

Did anyone listen to the Senator’s podcast last night? What was the sealed information she thought was so important to release?

Lynne stated that CD and KD have filed for DG's rights to be terminated citing parental alienation and for KD to adopt Serenity and that they requested things be sealed. She stated it was a big deal because KD said on social media that she thinks Serenity is dead in a hole (or something close to that) and that CD stated elsewhere (to Lynne herself too I think she said) that from the beginning they feel Serenity is deceased in the woods. While DG and BG have not felt Serenity was deceased from the beginning.

There was a whole bunch of other things she stated too. She mentioned the FDLS compound and how LE can't just go on the property and that she wants it checked out and people should contact LE, she talked about some other SM rumors, lawyers, and a possible movie theater sighting in MO weeks ago and how the person that thinks she saw Serenity there with a man had contacted Lynne and how supposedly LE never followed up and how the movie theaters camera footage is only saved for 2 weeks so now it is too late to check them now. How the lady who said she thinks it is Serenity she saw stated this on SM weeks ago and reported the manager told her no LE showed up. There is probably more Lynne said that I am forgetting. There are over 800 comments on that video too.

Lynne revealed that because people kept contacting Nancy Grace about Serenity missing and such that she called Lynne. Lynne also said she will be on Nancy Grace's podcast this morning.

Edited for clarification

Are they still using cadaver dogs?
Unbelievable little Serenity has not been found. Hopefully this will be the weekend that brings closure.

We haven't heard about upcoming searches but they had major snow in the area. I believe Rockerville got 22 inches earlier this week. I don't think they won't be searching until that all melts and the terrain is passable again. Last I heard the snow was melting fast so it might already be gone but then some said flooding was an issue. Maybe PCSO will announce plans soon?

Just passing an update along since it is to late to update my post.

Lynne just posted the podcast she is on won't air until Tuesday. She said she didn't think it took that long. She also stated Nancy has offered to help move this case forward.

Lynne stated that CD and KD have filed for DG's rights to be terminated citing parental alienation and for KD to adopt Serenity and that they requested things be sealed. She stated it was a big deal because KD said on social media that she thinks Serenity is dead in a hole (or something close to that) and that CD stated elsewhere (to Lynne herself too I think she said) that from the beginning they feel Serenity is deceased in the woods. While DG and BG have not felt Serenity was deceased from the beginning.

There was a whole bunch of other things she stated too. She mentioned the FDLS compound and how LE can't just go on the property and that she wants it checked out and people should contact LE, she talked about some other SM rumors, lawyers, and a possible movie theater sighting in MO weeks ago and how the person that thinks she saw Serenity there with a man had contacted Lynne and how supposedly LE never followed up and how the movie theaters camera footage is only saved for 2 weeks so now it is too late to check them now. How the lady who said she thinks it is Serenity she saw stated this on SM weeks ago and reported the manager told her no LE showed up. There is probably more Lynne said that I am forgetting. There are over 800 comments on that video too.

Lynne revealed that because people kept contacting Nancy Grace about Serenity missing and such that she called Lynne. Lynne also said she will be on Nancy Grace's podcast this morning.

Edited for clarification
Thank you for that great synopsis!

Edited for clarification

There was more there than I expected. Regarding the home situation, apparently DG is objecting, stating that she did not abandon Serenity, but that CD moved without telling her, and wouldn't return calls, and has kept Serenity from her. If this is the case, then I can't see how CD's petition can go through. Lynne says that CD and KD are convinced that Serenity succumbed to the weather, and is no longer alive. Then why are they pursuing this attempt at permanent custody and adoption? I know early on we questioned why DG didn't know Serenity was at the Home, but according to Lynne and DG, this was because she was deliberately being kept out of the loop, no matter how hard she tried.
But there was another wrinkle that Lynne gave to that story. It appears that not only has Serenity been specifically (and repeatedly) asking for DG while at the Home, but - here's where it gets dicey - last year, before Serenity was placed in the Home, she (Serenity) claimed that KD was mistreating her. Hard to say how legit that was, but it was investigated and the authorities must have felt it had some merit, because they actually removed Serenity from CD and KD's care and put her in a foster home. But some time after that, Serenity was returned to CD, who turned around and placed Serenity in the Home.
All of that may be part of the reason that CD and KD have been pretty quiet during this entire ordeal.
Lynne also said that as opposed to the claims by CD that Serenity was prone to running away, DG told her that when she (DG) was able to spend time with Serenity and had her in her care, Serenity never - not once - tried to run away.

The movie theater sighting was interesting as well, as the person who saw the little girl said the girl was wearing clothes that didn't' fit her, and she had no shoes. The person got a good look at the girl and was pretty convinced it was Serenity. She called LE but apparently they never followed up on that tip. (Perhaps due to the fact that this was only a week or two after Serenity went missing, and they were convinced she had succumbed to the weather.

I had not realized that there was a compound that hadn't been searched. When I checked the map, I saw the buildings about a mile and a half northwest of the Home, as the crow files, over rough terrain. I wonder if that is the compound? I don't know. It is alarming that those grounds can't legally be searched.

I just watched the live from last night.

With the court filings on both sides by the adoptive (now divorced) parents. My first thought, (sorry) is there preparation for a lawsuit against the children's home and now the divorced adoptive parents are getting their ducks in a row to claim parental status over the missing girl?

My other observation, there was an accusation that the adoptive dads new wife may have been abusive towards the little girl. If that's not actual fact, I feel really bad that was broadcast the way it was.

Regarding the possible sighting at the movie theater. Who knows but I have a hard time believing someone would abduct a child then take them to the movies in the same area where it's getting press.

The compound - I agree with the Senator on this one. If it's within a reasonable radius of where this little girl was last seen, there should be no exemption from a property search.

It’s too bad that even in these worst of circumstances the adoptive parents could not come together on the search for Serenity and present and be a united front. It seems that at least some are still looking out more for their own well-being than hers.

Obviously, this is my personal opinion.

So the adoptive mother could not figure out anything for how many years?

She has the social security number of the father and Serenity, I am sure. That would certainly help with location.

She could have some kind of civil or criminal action for keeping Serenity from her.

I am curious if the adoptive mother will be doing a lawsuit.

The FDLS compound is 40 or so miles from Rockerville depending on its exact location near Pringle, SD according to Google maps.

As far as we know there is no evidence linking anyone from the FDLS compound. We have not heard of any evidence or witnesses linking the FDLS with Serenity's disappearance as far as I know. In my opinion, no way is anyone from the FDLS compound going to just voluntarily let LE search the compound property. LE would need a search warrant and from what Lynne stated LE told her combined with no mention of a link tying the FDLS compound members to Serenity, it is likely there is not enough evidence to get a search warrant. Without a search warrant, LE legally can't just go on the property and start searching so I don't see a point contacting LE and pushing for a search of the compound (or however Lynne worded it in her live).

I highly doubt anyone from the FDLS compound is involved though. FDLS members try to avoid outsiders and don't want LE or Government officials on their property so I don't see them risking the of taking a random child? I could see them be more likely to risk it for a member's child that ran away. The compound residents keep to themselves according to some locals and are rarely seen off their property. Plus if she was taken by FDLS members, they likely would have hidden her by moving her to another compound.

Some of what Lynne discussed last night has been mentioned all over Social Media, comment sections of MSM articles, and Lynne's Senate page for awhile now and now onto Lynne's new page. My issue is that she gave some info but didn't mention other things that might be relevant to that info she gave. I imagine Lynne had her reasons. It is hard to point out some of my concerns and stay in TOS so I think I will just sit on my hands for now.

The lady that saw the girl in the movie theater originally posted that info on FB. Is it possible LE followed up on the possible movie theater sighting and just didn't update anyone so no more info regarding that was put online. Is it possible they asked the theater to not tell anyone they got the camera footage. I would hope they would check it out, just in case.

I feel like Serenity (and likely her adoptive brother C) paid a price for whatever happened between CD and DG and is now happening between the CD/KD and DG/BG now. This turn of events bothers me to say the least. This case has had some twists and turns but in the end, I feel for the kids.

There was more there than I expected. Regarding the home situation, apparently DG is objecting, stating that she did not abandon Serenity, but that CD moved without telling her, and wouldn't return calls, and has kept Serenity from her. If this is the case, then I can't see how CD's petition can go through. Lynne says that CD and KD are convinced that Serenity succumbed to the weather, and is no longer alive. Then why are they pursuing this attempt at permanent custody and adoption? I know early on we questioned why DG didn't know Serenity was at the Home, but according to Lynne and DG, this was because she was deliberately being kept out of the loop, no matter how hard she tried.
But there was another wrinkle that Lynne gave to that story. It appears that not only has Serenity been specifically (and repeatedly) asking for DG while at the Home, but - here's where it gets dicey - last year, before Serenity was placed in the Home, she (Serenity) claimed that KD was mistreating her. Hard to say how legit that was, but it was investigated and the authorities must have felt it had some merit, because they actually removed Serenity from CD and KD's care and put her in a foster home. But some time after that, Serenity was returned to CD, who turned around and placed Serenity in the Home.
All of that may be part of the reason that CD and KD have been pretty quiet during this entire ordeal.
Lynne also said that as opposed to the claims by CD that Serenity was prone to running away, DG told her that when she (DG) was able to spend time with Serenity and had her in her care, Serenity never - not once - tried to run away.

The movie theater sighting was interesting as well, as the person who saw the little girl said the girl was wearing clothes that didn't' fit her, and she had no shoes. The person got a good look at the girl and was pretty convinced it was Serenity. She called LE but apparently they never followed up on that tip. (Perhaps due to the fact that this was only a week or two after Serenity went missing, and they were convinced she had succumbed to the weather.

I had not realized that there was a compound that hadn't been searched. When I checked the map, I saw the buildings about a mile and a half northwest of the Home, as the crow files, over rough terrain. I wonder if that is the compound? I don't know. It is alarming that those grounds can't legally be searched.

Interesting and I for one do not find it hard to believe, it fits with everything seen in this case. I will leave it at that.

Jmo.

So the adoptive mother could not figure out anything for how many years?

She has the social security number of the father and Serenity, I am sure. That would certainly help with location.

She could have some kind of civil or criminal action for keeping Serenity from her.

I am curious if the adoptive mother will be doing a lawsuit.
That's been my question for weeks----->how many years has it been since the adoptive mother has seen Serenity? I'm thinking that's why when she did the interview with Lynne, she brought toys instead of a picture of Serenity-----she doesn't have any pictures of her that are remotely current because she hasn't seen her in years.
And if what Lynne said is correct that she was taken from the adoptive dad and placed in a foster home for 3 weeks because she was being abused by the adoptive dad's wife, why wouldn't they contact her, as the other legal parent, and place her with DG rather than put her in a foster home?

I just watched the live from last night.

With the court filings on both sides by the adoptive (now divorced) parents. My first thought, (sorry) is there preparation for a lawsuit against the children's home and now the divorced adoptive parents are getting their ducks in a row to claim parental status over the missing girl?

My other observation, there was an accusation that the adoptive dads new wife may have been abusive towards the little girl. If that's not actual fact, I feel really bad that was broadcast the way it was.

Regarding the possible sighting at the movie theater. Who knows but I have a hard time believing someone would abduct a child then take them to the movies in the same area where it's getting press.

The compound - I agree with the Senator on this one. If it's within a reasonable radius of where this little girl was last seen, there should be no exemption from a property search.
Regarding the movie theater sighting: If the girl was barefoot and had clothes that didn't fit so something seemed off, why didn't she tell an employee at the movie theater at the time? She claims she was in the ladies room at the same time as the little girl----why didn't she ask her if she was ok?

This gets more sickening by the minute. Serenity said she was mistreated. Is it no wonder she ran away! DUH. I would have too! Then someone says they spotted her at a movie theatre and LE doesn't show up! This is laughable. What are they running there anyway?! Sad, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member