ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the movie theater sighting: If the girl was barefoot and had clothes that didn't fit so something seemed off, why didn't she tell an employee at the movie theater at the time? She claims she was in the ladies room at the same time as the little girl----why didn't she ask her if she was ok?
Really! I sure would have.

That's been my question for weeks----->how many years has it been since the adoptive mother has seen Serenity? I'm thinking that's why when she did the interview with Lynne, she brought toys instead of a picture of Serenity-----she doesn't have any pictures of her that are remotely current because she hasn't seen her in years.
And if what Lynne said is correct that she was taken from the adoptive dad and placed in a foster home for 3 weeks because she was being abused by the adoptive dad's wife, why wouldn't they contact her, as the other legal parent, and place her with DG rather than put her in a foster home?
Doesn't seem like there's much care there, does it?

The FDLS compound is 40 or so miles from Rockerville depending on its exact location near Pringle, SD according to Google maps.

As far as we know there is no evidence linking anyone from the FDLS compound. We have not heard of any evidence or witnesses linking the FDLS with Serenity's disappearance as far as I know. In my opinion, no way is anyone from the FDLS compound going to just voluntarily let LE search the compound property. LE would need a search warrant and from what Lynne stated LE told her combined with no mention of a link tying the FDLS compound members to Serenity, it is likely there is not enough evidence to get a search warrant. Without a search warrant, LE legally can't just go on the property and start searching so I don't see a point contacting LE and pushing for a search of the compound (or however Lynne worded it in her live).

I highly doubt anyone from the FDLS compound is involved though. FDLS members try to avoid outsiders and don't want LE or Government officials on their property so I don't see them risking the of taking a random child? I could see them be more likely to risk it for a member's child that ran away. The compound residents keep to themselves according to some locals and are rarely seen off their property. Plus if she was taken by FDLS members, they likely would have hidden her by moving her to another compound.

Some of what Lynne discussed last night has been mentioned all over Social Media, comment sections of MSM articles, and Lynne's Senate page for awhile now and now onto Lynne's new page. My issue is that she gave some info but didn't mention other things that might be relevant to that info she gave. I imagine Lynne had her reasons. It is hard to point out some of my concerns and stay in TOS so I think I will just sit on my hands for now.

The lady that saw the girl in the movie theater originally posted that info on FB. Is it possible LE followed up on the possible movie theater sighting and just didn't update anyone so no more info regarding that was put online. Is it possible they asked the theater to not tell anyone they got the camera footage. I would hope they would check it out, just in case.

I feel like Serenity (and likely her adoptive brother C) paid a price for whatever happened between CD and DG and is now happening between the CD/KD and DG/BG now. This turn of events bothers me to say the least. This case has had some twists and turns but in the end, I feel for the kids.
I assume she also has joint legal custody of the brother. How long has it been since she's seen him?

So the adoptive mother could not figure out anything for how many years?

She has the social security number of the father and Serenity, I am sure. That would certainly help with location.

She could have some kind of civil or criminal action for keeping Serenity from her.

I am curious if the adoptive mother will be doing a lawsuit.
That's been my question for weeks----->how many years has it been since the adoptive mother has seen Serenity? I'm thinking that's why when she did the interview with Lynne, she brought toys instead of a picture of Serenity-----she doesn't have any pictures of her that are remotely current because she hasn't seen her in years.
And if what Lynne said is correct that she was taken from the adoptive dad and placed in a foster home for 3 weeks because she was being abused by the adoptive dad's wife, why wouldn't they contact her, as the other legal parent, and place her with DG rather than put her in a foster home?

I don't think it has ever been said that it has been "years" since DG saw Serenity. She did see her regularly in the beginning after the separation/divorce. It seems that it only after CD moved unexpectedly (without informing DG) that DG lost contact, since CD also stopped taking calls from DG. We don't know for how long, or if she was able to see Serenity after that. We are told that CD made it difficult to near impossible for DG to see Serenity, despite repeated attempts. But we don't know how long it has been.
As for why DG didn't take more drastic measures, it has never been said. Perhaps she didn't want Serenity's life to be disrupted yet again, so was still trying to take care of it herself. That, however, doesn't totally explain why she (DG) didn't even know that Serenity was in the Home.
Also, I agree that when Serenity was taken out of the custody of CD, that child services (or whoever) should have at least gotten in touch with DG, since she had joint custody. That part really bothers me, but I don't know where the blame lies - with CD for not telling child services that DG had joint custody, with child services for not checking Serenity's records as to custody, for DG for not stepping forward, assuming that she even knew about the event at all. There's too much we don't know.

I don't think it has ever been said that it has been "years" since DG saw Serenity. She did see her regularly in the beginning after the separation/divorce. It seems that it only after CD moved unexpectedly (without informing DG) that DG lost contact, since CD also stopped taking calls from DG. We don't know for how long, or if she was able to see Serenity after that. We are told that CD made it difficult to near impossible for DG to see Serenity, despite repeated attempts. But we don't know how long it has been.
As for why DG didn't take more drastic measures, it has never been said. Perhaps she didn't want Serenity's life to be disrupted yet again, so was still trying to take care of it herself. That, however, doesn't totally explain why she (DG) didn't even know that Serenity was in the Home.
Also, I agree that when Serenity was taken out of the custody of CD, that child services (or whoever) should have at least gotten in touch with DG, since she had joint custody. That part really bothers me, but I don't know where the blame lies - with CD for not telling child services that DG had joint custody, with child services for not checking Serenity's records as to custody, for DG for not stepping forward, assuming that she even knew about the event at all. There's too much we don't know.
The paternal grandmother claims it's been years but who knows----DG hasn't said and neither has Lynne. Why is that? I think it's significant.

I assume she also has joint legal custody of the brother. How long has it been since she's seen him?

I am not positive. I have read things saying years (3ish) but I have not seen a specific time frame given. We know DG likely hadn't seen or talked with Serenity after she was admitted to BHCH since it has been said DG didn't know Serenity was there so minimum of several months (7 if I recall based on CD and KD articles Serenity was at BHCH in July of 2018.)

And she was returned to them after 3 weeks. So did they investigate and find the claim to be untrue?

That is my understanding of how it went down. So maybe it was found to be an unsubstantiated/unfounded claim or they could have determined it was false allegations.

I also find it odd that DSS didn't show Darcie as the adoptive mom in Serenity's file. Unless contact info was out of date, they didn't look hard to find her, maybe CD told them she had been absent for years and didn't know how to contact her.

Edited to fix spelling error

I am not positive. I have read things saying years (3ish) but I have not seen a specific time frame given. We know DG likely hadn't seen or talked with Serenity after she was admitted to BHCH since it has been said DG didn't know Serenity was there so minimum of several months (7 if I recall based on CD and KD articles Serenity was at BHCH in July of 2018.)
Didn't DG say Chad moved and she didn't know where and then he moved back and she didn't know that either? That had to have taken more than a short amount of time. I'd like to hear the other side of the story. So far, we've only heard DGs side via Lynne.

Didn't DG say Chad moved and she didn't know where and then he moved back and she didn't know that either? That had to have taken more than a short amount of time. I'd like to hear the other side of the story. So far, we've only heard DGs side via Lynne.

Yes, DG stated that in her interview with Lynne.

I too wish we heard the other side. I have only seen some comments about some things here and there.

Yes, DG stated that in her interview with Lynne.

I too wish we heard the other side. I have only seen some comments about some things here and there.
I give CD credit for not airing all this dirty laundry out in public and letting the court sort it out.

Good on Lynne for keeping Serenity's name out there but taunting the attorneys in her video was a little over the top.

Can the compound be searched with a warrant?

Rocking one sock for Serenity today. :)

Rock One Sock for Missing Kids
“Rock One Sock” is the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s annual social media campaign to bring awareness to the thousands of children missing in America. In honor of National Missing Children’s Day on May 25, NCMEC encourages everyone to join the campaign and get people talking about this important issue. Keep the conversations going by sharing photos of missing children to help save our country’s kids.

It’s easy! Just put on one sock and take a picture, post it on social media using #RockOneSock and make a donation to NCMEC. It’s as simple as: Wear – Share – Care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson