Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to finding DNA, is it possible if DNA was found on the girls that it could somehow be explained away as to why it was there? Is it possible that the explanation was also backed up by a seemingly solid alibi, but now that alibi is in question? Just speculation and my opinion, of course.

IMO it is possible and no matter where the DNA was recovered from, the defense will probably try to argue it away. (I'm not saying that the DNA does not belong to BG, just that I'm sure it will come up at some point if there's a trial. It usually does.)

This is one of the reasons I'm glad that they called off the search on the night of the 13th. It lessened the likelihood of someone accidentally contaminating the crime scene.

That's simply not a feature of Facebook. Unless she was sharing the locations herself vis individual posts.

You're correct. I've been on FB since the beginning. In order for a person's exact location to show up, the person has to "check in" to the place. (And many places do not have "check in" options.) If your "location" is set and you make a post, it will sometimes show where you posted it from, but it's usually in a general area- and sometimes it doesn't show up at all.

I just did an experiment with mine. I turned my location on and made a post. My location DID show up, but it's a town I've literally never heard of. I had to look it up on a map. The town technically exists, but it's no more than a wide place in the road. It is, however, where the tower is located. I had my cousin in Delphi turn hers on and make a post and although she just lives down the road from Abby's family, her location showed up as Loganport. So it's not an exact science.

I have a question if someone knows TIA. Where did the "blue eyes" talk come from? Was it ever mentioned officially by any LE, family or witnesses?

Here's one MSM source that mentions it.

UPDATE: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

He said the sketch is "an artist's composite of the information" collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

Thanks Jax, that's interesting to me that it was said about the first sketch released guy, that according to a close-up witness, he didn't have blue eyes. One of the things I find fascinating about the "DNA testing research" mentioned by Sheriff Leazenby is the blue-eyed gene mutation marker, the "switch". It could serve to narrow down the gene pool a lot more for investigators if the suspected killer's DNA shows he has it, as only 8-10% of humans do. We can only hope and pray.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/02/dont-it-make-your-brown-eyes-blue

Thanks Jax, that's interesting to me that it was said about the first sketch released guy, that according to a close-up witness, he didn't have blue eyes. One of the things I find fascinating about the "DNA testing research" mentioned by Sheriff Leazenby is the blue-eyed gene mutation marker, the "switch". It could serve to narrow down the gene pool a lot more for investigators if the suspected killer's DNA shows he has it, as only 8-10% of humans do. We can only hope and pray.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/02/dont-it-make-your-brown-eyes-blue

I think we're back to "eye color unknown". moo

I'm behind on the posts, so I hope this isn't a repeat...

Just wondering if any locals or in neighboring areas, (anywhere) have been discouraging family members from doing DNA testing? Won't name names, we know the various ones you can upload results into public databases. Then the fun can begin :D who cares where we came from, let's see who we're related to. :cool:

So hoping there's enough DNA to get something going so this case can be solved. These girls deserve it!

MHOO JMO IMHOO

I think we're back to "eye color unknown". moo
I just keep hoping that the tone and words of ISP Carter in April has to do with DNA testing research, family tree-ing, being done like in the April Tinsley case. I'm hoping it narrowed that tree down to even 2-3 branches. It could still be a lot of suspects but a definitive number to then follow, collect and test.

When each of the 2 sketches released by police was done hopefully one of the criteria was that the person being described had wet pant legs. But then why would there be 2 different sketches?

I think sometimes the popularity of cases like this one can cause people to want to insert themselves and what they may or may not have seen into the case. Good intentions that can lead to confusing results.

There may be more dots for the grid today that have filled in some blanks, IMAO.

Crossing SM links, backgrounds, and many other dynamics and behaviors, I feel something “promising” (for lack of a better word) coming finally.

I’ve been wrong before but, IMO, and my theory, I’m feeling optimistic.

There may be more dots for the grid today that have filled in some blanks, IMAO.

Crossing SM links, backgrounds, and many other dynamics and behaviors, I feel something “promising” (for lack of a better word) coming finally.

Me too

Just finished watching Jake Patterson’s sentencing and the big take away to me was his lack of perspective in understanding the big story and the effect of his actions, even the gruesomeness of them. He was shaking his head on details. Maybe BG is someone like him who doesn’t get the big story and impact of his actions. Maybe he is a loner, too.

There has to be a story that makes sense to BG, but doubtful it will make sense to anyone else. If he is a local, hopefully personality clues learned in other cases are helpful here. IMO.

I'm behind on the posts, so I hope this isn't a repeat...

Just wondering if any locals or in neighboring areas, (anywhere) have been discouraging family members from doing DNA testing? Won't name names, we know the various ones you can upload results into public databases. Then the fun can begin :D who cares where we came from, let's see who we're related to. :cool:

So hoping there's enough DNA to get something going so this case can be solved. These girls deserve it!

MHOO JMO IMHOO

If we knew people who were discouraging others from doing DNA testing then it's not something we could post on here, and it wouldn't even be something that necessarily means anything nefarious. It would turn into a total witch hunt if people started sharing names of those who wouldn't volunteer. I won't do DNA testing and it's not because I have something to hide.

I'm feeling optimistic. I know they'll never have closure, but may they have answers and justice very soon.

Well, I can't say I share your optimism, but I most definitely admire it! Keep it up. Maybe I'll get mine back again.

When LE says that the killer may look younger than he is would that be because the witness said the person looked young? Why would they say that if they don't know who the person is. JMHO

Well, I can't say I share your optimism, but I most definitely admire it! Keep it up. Maybe I'll get mine back again.

I know the feeling, and it did seem for a while interest was dwindling. Carter did reinvorgate interest. He was bold and emotional. I don’t doubt for a minute it was heartfelt. It might have been awkward, but that’s what we have. I hope he continues to update the media (which transcribes to the world) even if, in the end, this was a local offender maybe from Delphi, Indiana. So many small towns in the area... Kokomo, Flora, Logansport, Lafayette, Camden...

Maybe this will help. Look at the stats about Delphi. What are the odds there is more than one murderer in that town; *if* he is from Delphi. Statistically, highly improbable.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Delphi-Indiana.html

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members