CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase knew he had buried them and THOUGHT he had committed the perfect crime. Nice leap tho.

To paraphrase: Imes knows Chase didn't do it, that's why his mouth is so full of objections.

The exact same could be said about Maline's mouth being full of objections. He knows Merritt is guilty and doesn't want the proof to be seen or heard.

Imes deserves an award for being the star of objection.

If Imes or the prosecutors had a lawyer there, they'd seem more guilty than Chase Merritt, who voluntarily went for questioning about his best friend's family disappearance without a lawyer.
He had an open warrant for his arrest. He was getting questioned one way or another. And he didn't take an attorney because he couldn't afford one.

I think that was a weird way for them to end their Defense Case. Trying to make fun of someone getting an award for their hard work. o_O

Especially if you look at the defendants work history. He was a lazy, dishonest, rude and arrogant con man. Let's compare his integrity to the officer that won this award.

He wasn't making fun of him. He was pointing out that they received a reward for an investigation that hadn't even resulted in a conviction yet, and hadn't even gone to trial! jmo

He wasn't making fun of him. He was pointing out that they received a reward for an investigation that hadn't even resulted in a conviction yet, and hadn't even gone to trial! jmo
The award was for a *Criminal Investigation* (and wasn't for a conviction)....

2015 IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Criminal Investigation.

https://www.theiacp.org/criminal-investigations-award

The IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Criminal Investigation is given to a law enforcement agency, law enforcement unit, task force or inter-agency task force in recognition of exceptional innovation in criminal investigations. Each year, IACP receives entries from agencies around the globe where technology, traditional police work, and in some examples, inter-agency collaboration, meet to solve crimes ranging from unsolved cases and missing persons, to financial crimes and human trafficking.

They weren't getting an award for a conviction, they were getting an award for contributions to the advancement of the art or science of criminal investigations and innovations in the development or enhancement of investigative techniques. It just happens that they made those contrbutions while working the McStay case.
How many witnesses put the McStay trial on their CV's before even testifying? Does that have anything to do with a guilty or not guilty verdict?

The award was for a *Criminal Investigation* (and wasn't for a conviction)....

2015 IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Criminal Investigation.

I know what it was for. But that investigation hadn't been 'tested' in the courtroom yet. And no matter what you think of the truck and that video and if they match or don't match, the investigator's were wrong about at least the light in the back, we know that now, and even the State acknowledged that when they changed course and then said it was a reflection off the latch. No way to know if that was part of the reason they got the award, but with the line of questioning, I have little doubt that it was.

Would have been interesting to hear what the application said and why they should receive the award. JMO

I know what it was for. But that investigation hadn't been 'tested' in the courtroom yet. And no matter what you think of the truck and that video and if they match or don't match, the investigator's were wrong about at least the light in the back, we know that now, and even the State acknowledged that when they changed course and then said it was a reflection off the latch. No way to know if that was part of the reason they got the award, but with the line of questioning, I have little doubt that it was.

Would have been interesting to hear what the application said and why they should receive the award. JMO

:rolleyes:

They weren't getting an award for a conviction, they were getting an award for contributions to the advancement of the art or science of criminal investigations and innovations in the development or enhancement of investigative techniques. It just happens that they made those contrbutions while working the McStay case.
How many witnesses put the McStay trial on their CV's before even testifying? Does that have anything to do with a guilty or not guilty verdict?

So I'm curious... what "contributions to the advancement of the art or science of criminal investigations and innovations in the development or enhancement of investigative techniques" do you think they used in this case at that point, in Oct 2015? I have not heard of anything that they did that was out of the ordinary or extraordinary. Sounds like Bachman circled points he thought matched in the video/trucks, but I wouldn't consider that "innovative" or an "enhanced investigative technique". JMO

There are so many things in this quote that I find troubling.
1. A normal man taking care of family isn't gambling his life away, needing to go to his boss (a much younger man) for rent, car, and SOS money.
2. CM lost his piggy bank, not his best friend.
3. Yeah, Joey told CM things he didn't tell other people, like Summer has a spending problem and need QB deleted. Wonder if Joey said, "go ahead and call and pretend you are me, I don't mind".

IMO MOO etc

CM is far from normal as it can get. Just reading the words of CM shows that is true.

Imo, that is one of the reasons he tries to diminish his own criminal history pretending ... ah shucks everyone has a criminal past. WTH? Seriously? And what's even worse he really expects everyone to believe that load of bull crap.

Yet he will turn right around, and say Joey was the most honest man he has ever known. Actually with his background history he probably hadn't met many who were honest like Joey who wasn't like CM.

Imo, trying to make sense out of CMs ever changing contradictory nonsense he is always spinning would make even the best psychiatrist have to have years of therapy if they had tried to decipher it all. LOL!

JMHOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members