Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While discouraged that the reward did not bring forward the key answer, we are hopeful that it helped bring more tips in to police. We were told by professionals that rewards are often ineffective. One contact told us he has yet to see one work in his 15yrs. Another said half the time. Knowing that going in made a time limit approach seem like an option to try vs someone thinking the total will just go up and up. We will regroup and continue to be Savannah’s voice. While police work quietly, we will continue to do all we can to urge someone to do the right thing. #FindSavannah #SavannahStrong.

@MarieWS -- I'm so sorry that the reward did not generate the needed tip to find your lovely niece Savannah.

I agree with what others told you -- rewards are more effective in keeping the missing person's name in the news than solving the puzzle.

Praying for you and your family.

This is taken from Cajun Coast’s SAR FB page, in response to changing their plans and not coming.

To clear up some negative comments and rumors.

No police agency stopped us from going to Kentucky. We have great faith and much respect for all law enforcement agencies that we worked with last time we were there.
Their compassion, abilities and efforts were above what is commonplace.
I will now and forever defend all Kentucky Police Agencies.
Please stop blaming, finger pointing and speculating as to why we are not deploying.
Rumors are the attempt of a feeble mind to express itself.

We will not release any further details and all negative comments on law enforcement will be deleted and that person banned from this page.
What is needed are prayers and unity.

Thank you
Commander Toney Wade”

It looks like people were accusing CCSAR of profiting off of Savannah’s case, and that was another factor in their final decision :(

I didn't take this that way at all. I remember reading a search group didn't complete searching because of the Police Dept. This was earlier in the searching. Thought this was what he's referring to.

I think they aren't going to go ahead with the search now because wherever they were going to search didn't pan out as legitimate. Possibly it was a tip that was leading them to this recent search that's being cancelled. Hopefully Lisa will explain why it's being cancelled.

It looks like people were accusing CCSAR of profiting off of Savannah’s case, and that was another factor in their final decision :(

This is my understanding. We heard about it after it popped up and then it was canceled. It is incredibly sad that they experienced that. We have been accused of impropriety as well. The wounds are deep when your intentions are pure and fighting for justice. I’ve found that even if I answer someone’s every question, they have made up their mind no matter what I say. I’ve said throughout that people will be mad no matter what you do or don’t do. And they have been. It takes a lot of energy to be in that negativity. We try to stay positive and try new things to keep her story going.

This is my understanding. We heard about it after it popped up and then it was canceled. It is incredibly sad that they experienced that. We have been accused of impropriety as well. The wounds are deep when your intentions are pure and fighting for justice. I’ve found that even if I answer someone’s every question, they have made up their mind no matter what I say. I’ve said throughout that people will be mad no matter what you do or don’t do. And they have been. It takes a lot of energy to be in that negativity. We try to stay positive and try new things to keep her story going.

What you said about answering questions not making a difference is entirely true...and exhausting. I noticed that you all had posted a response to the whole thing, and people were still accusing the family as being the reason for CCSAR not coming. I don’t understand what more people want, after you’ve answered their questions. It’s toxic.

What you said about answering questions not making a difference is entirely true...and exhausting. I noticed that you all had posted a response to the whole thing, and people were still accusing the family as being the reason for CCSAR not coming. I don’t understand what more people want, after you’ve answered their questions. It’s toxic.
They are not people who actually care. Their sole purpose is to torment families of missing people.

Welcome to Websleuths, Marie!
I was just checking in to see if there were any new developments in this case, and was pleased to find that you are here.
I'm so sorry about everything you and your family have had to endure since Savannah went missing.

I do have a question in regard to the three men who were with Savannah and her friends at the bar. We know she left with two of them, and one left in another car and she ultimately ended up in a home associated with at least one of them. We also know they have not been cleared.
Do you know if LE seems to be interested in all of them, or one or two in particular at this time? It has been said from the beginning that these men know something that would be valuable to the investigation. I have have no doubt that they do.
I understand that you may not want to answer or speculate, but do you think they may be more interested in one than the others? Although I think they all would have valuable information I'm wondering if any of them know more specifically what happened.

It sounds like LE is really invested in this case, and they won't give up until they find her. Even without a reward I don't think there is less of a chance in solving this case. Someone knows something and they are determined not to talk.
It will be evidence that will solve this case, whether it be from a tip or something investigators uncover.
I still have hope that justice will come and you and your family will have the answers you deserve. Imo

Welcome to Websleuths, Marie!
I was just checking in to see if there were any new developments in this case, and was pleased to find that you are here.
I'm so sorry about everything you and your family have had to endure since Savannah went missing.

I do have a question in regard to the three men who were with Savannah and her friends at the bar. We know she left with two of them, and one left in another car and she ultimately ended up in a home associated with at least one of them. We also know they have not been cleared.
Do you know if LE seems to be interested in all of them, or one or two in particular at this time? It has been said from the beginning that these men know something that would be valuable to the investigation. I have have no doubt that they do.
I understand that you may not want to answer or speculate, but do you think they may be more interested in one than the others? Although I think they all would have valuable information I'm wondering if any of them know more specifically what happened.

It sounds like LE is really invested in this case, and they won't give up until they find her. Even without a reward I don't think there is less of a chance in solving this case. Someone knows something and they are determined not to talk.
It will be evidence that will solve this case, whether it be from a tip or something investigators uncover.
I still have hope that justice will come and you and your family will have the answers you deserve. Imo

Thanks for the welcome! I do not know the answer to your question. It is a very good question. I’m hoping police can provide a public update soon. I’ve been asking them weekly. But I know they have their reasons and strategies. I just stalk as much as I can and keep asking.

They are super invested. I went down from OH about a month ago for a meeting w police. The detective’s passion for the case was so evident. I left feeling encouraged by her passion though saddened that the case hasn’t broken open yet. Our FBI liaison was encouraging us to shift to marathon mode vs sprint.

Thanks for the welcome! I do not know the answer to your question. It is a very good question. I’m hoping police can provide a public update soon. I’ve been asking them weekly. But I know they have their reasons and strategies. I just stalk as much as I can and keep asking.

They are super invested. I went down from OH about a month ago for a meeting w police. The detective’s passion for the case was so evident. I left feeling encouraged by her passion though saddened that the case hasn’t broken open yet. Our FBI liaison was encouraging us to shift to marathon mode vs sprint.

Hello Lisa, I truly appreciate you being here and what you have said has answered some of my questions, thank you.

You have said that Savannah's case is sensitive and that's one of the reasons you can't say much. Could you clarify this? Sensitive in what way? Do you consider all on going missing persons cases sensitive or is there something in this case that makes the investigation more sensitive than usual? Also you've said they are searching under the radar. Why is that?

Hello Lisa, I truly appreciate you being here and what you have said has answered some of my questions, thank you.

You have said that Savannah's case is sensitive and that's one of the reasons you can't say much. Could you clarify this? Sensitive in what way? Do you consider all on going missing persons cases sensitive or is there something in this case that makes the investigation more sensitive than usual? Also you've said they are searching under the radar. Why is that?

Thanks for your question. This is the first time I’ve been affected personally by a missing person. I have used the sensitive terminology mainly in reference to police protecting details of the case as any other case I assume is approached. I think I am especially sensitive about not giving away details that police haven’t bc I don’t want to personally mess anything up. We’ve been told that anything we say or post on social media can be used in court. That makes me especially aware.

In general, I think some of you have posted here, search locations need to be kept secret in general so that potential suspects don’t move evidence. Eqqusearch has told me that can happen frequently when an area is deemed “clear,” and then the perpetrators move evidence into the cleared area. The public search that was conducted early on was met with hecklers and harassers. Eqqusearch said it takes a lot to spook them, and they were spooked. There’s so much publicity surrounding this case, I think police are doing everything they can to not let people see what they are doing. Does that answer your questions?

Thanks for your question. This is the first time I’ve been affected personally by a missing person. I have used the sensitive terminology mainly in reference to police protecting details of the case as any other case I assume is approached. I think I am especially sensitive about not giving away details that police haven’t bc I don’t want to personally mess anything up. We’ve been told that anything we say or post on social media can be used in court. That makes me especially aware.

In general, I think some of you have posted here, search locations need to be kept secret in general so that potential suspects don’t move evidence. Eqqusearch has told me that can happen frequently when an area is deemed “clear,” and then the perpetrators move evidence into the cleared area. The public search that was conducted early on was met with hecklers and harassers. Eqqusearch said it takes a lot to spook them, and they were spooked. There’s so much publicity surrounding this case, I think police are doing everything they can to not let people see what they are doing. Does that answer your questions?
I’m not understanding this heckler thing that happened. Can you tell us more about that?

I’m not understanding this heckler thing that happened. Can you tell us more about that?

A group of people was following the search team, switching cars, shouting and threatening the team. That’s really all the specifics I know. Professionals and police seemed to indicate future searches would not be open to the public/would not be publicized.

Thank you, yes I believe you answered some of my questions. I could read something else into your saying this case was sensitive and you've cleared that up for me. I was hoping the word sensitive was being used because of a specific crime that was being investigated but I figured, even if that was the case, you wouldn't be able to say. I do understand specifics about the investigation can not be shared with the public and also that things said in a social media platform can be used in a court of law.

I did not know criminals move bodies and that it happens often. I would have thought just the opposite. I would think when Law Enforcement has persons of interest or suspects, these individuals would fear they would be followed, watched and seen doing anything like that. As for searching and being harrassed and heckled, I'm surprised this would happen in a small community like Lancaster etc. I would think Law Enforcement could put a stop to this kind of behavior and do it quickly and efficiently.

Something else I find odd is how one of the three men's picture was put out in the media and also one of the homes and property around that home became media attention and was given out to the public. Not a clue about two of the other men involved or what other property was searched. The media did show pictures of two of the men but the one man walking with Savannah is not a clear enough picture to make out his identity. Not so with the man who was walking in the street going to the parking garage. Other reasons too, for knowing who this man is, clearly the media gave out the address of one of the homes searched with the pictures that were shown. The man walking in the street is a relative of the people who live in the home that was in the media when it was searched along with a lot of property in that area. Later on another search of a home was conducted and this time even Police confirmed the search and the address was released. Of all things it was the home of the man we see walking in the street going to the parking garage. It seems Police wanted the identity of this man out to the public but have been very careful the other two mens identities have not gotten out. This may have been an accident and not planned but it sure doesn't seem to be that way.

Also this latest search team canceling it's return to search for Savannah again is something that I just don't understand as far as the search team not being clearer as to why they canceled. My understanding is they canceled because of being accused of asking for money when they didn't need the money or that much money. I have been told the people or person who was upset about them asking for money was the person or people who asked them to come back and do another search. If this is true, I do understand the search being called off but am disappointed the search team wasn't more upfront about what took place because it left some of the public thinking the Spurlock family was to blame for this mess. Everyone was so excited to hear they were coming back to search and then such a drastic let down, it was sad.

One more thing, can you tell me what Federal crime or crimes the FBI is investigating in Savannah's case? Do they know a Federal crime has happened or are they investigating to see if this could be the case?

Thank you, yes I believe you answered some of my questions. I could read something else into your saying this case was sensitive and you've cleared that up for me. I was hoping the word sensitive was being used because of a specific crime that was being investigated but I figured, even if that was the case, you wouldn't be able to say. I do understand specifics about the investigation can not be shared with the public and also that things said in a social media platform can be used in a court of law.

I did not know criminals move bodies and that it happens often. I would have thought just the opposite. I would think when Law Enforcement has persons of interest or suspects, these individuals would fear they would be followed, watched and seen doing anything like that. As for searching and being harrassed and heckled, I'm surprised this would happen in a small community like Lancaster etc. I would think Law Enforcement could put a stop to this kind of behavior and do it quickly and efficiently.

Something else I find odd is how one of the three men's picture was put out in the media and also one of the homes and property around that home became media attention and was given out to the public. Not a clue about two of the other men involved or what other property was searched. The media did show pictures of two of the men but the one man walking with Savannah is not a clear enough picture to make out his identity. Not so with the man who was walking in the street going to the parking garage. Other reasons too, for knowing who this man is, clearly the media gave out the address of one of the homes searched with the pictures that were shown. The man walking in the street is a relative of the people who live in the home that was in the media when it was searched along with a lot of property in that area. Later on another search of a home was conducted and this time even Police confirmed the search and the address was released. Of all things it was the home of the man we see walking in the street going to the parking garage. It seems Police wanted the identity of this man out to the public but have been very careful the other two mens identities have not gotten out. This may have been an accident and not planned but it sure doesn't seem to be that way.

Also this latest search team canceling it's return to search for Savannah again is something that I just don't understand as far as the search team not being clearer as to why they canceled. My understanding is they canceled because of being accused of asking for money when they didn't need the money or that much money. I have been told the people or person who was upset about them asking for money was the person or people who asked them to come back and do another search. If this is true, I do understand the search being called off but am disappointed the search team wasn't more upfront about what took place because it left some of the public thinking the Spurlock family was to blame for this mess. Everyone was so excited to hear they were coming back to search and then such a drastic let down, it was sad.

One more thing, can you tell me what Federal crime or crimes the FBI is investigating in Savannah's case? Do they know a Federal crime has happened or are they investigating to see if this could be the case?

I didn’t realize that criminals did that either. It seems a very risky thing to do, to create more crime scenes. I don’t know if that has happened in Savannah’s case. We don’t have official confirmation at this point if she is alive or deceased. Though the outlook looks grim, we are trying to stay hopeful until told otherwise officially. It sounds like local police were able to intervene with the hecklers and took care of them.

In terms of the one man, do you have a media reference to his name or address being officially reported? I know that Inside Edition showed the front of one of the homes searched (the publicized home belonging to those related to one of the men). As far I know, any official name or address release was made on social media by sleuths able to find it quickly based on their own searching. One reason I started hiding comments on the missing page was that people started posted that information in the comments and putting names out there. Inside Edition reported that she was last seen at that house they showed, but I reached out to them that police have not confirmed publicly which house she was at. When media caught wind of the searching of the house, they reported another house had been searched too but police asked them not to reveal where it was. The other search of a home more recently reported about a month ago, I don’t believe police released that address either. They confirmed they did a search of a home in Garrard County. Police haven’t even told us the names. I know one purely based on messages I’ve received on the missing page. Police could get sued for revealing names if not officially listed as suspect or POI.

The thing w Cajun team was unfortunate and disappointing all around. We are grateful for all they’ve done for Savannah.

In terms of the FBI, I only know they are helping on the case. I do not know the specifics.

A group of people was following the search team, switching cars, shouting and threatening the team. That’s really all the specifics I know. Professionals and police seemed to indicate future searches would not be open to the public/would not be publicized.
That should have been stopped immediately by local LE - which I thought were accompanying the search team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member