The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
8B452B76-5A84-45EF-8070-A04EEC7C8E52.jpeg

The Queen has been left ‘deeply upset’ after the sudden death of one of her most loyal and long-serving aides.

Annette Wilkin, who began working for the monarch in 1974 and was so loved by her that she was even given one of her corgis, passed away suddenly after a short illness aged 72.

It is understood that the Queen is likely to go to her funeral, a rare honour as she does not attend them as a rule. Miss Wilkin, who served for 40 years at Windsor Castle, rose to become the head housekeeper and was known for her royal manner.

Queen 'deeply upset' after death of her loyal housekeeper aged 72 after a short illness | Daily Mail Online

May Miss Wilkin Rest In Peace.

8BC24460-552D-4162-9144-146512EF1CFB.jpeg

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who sealed their blossoming romance with a trip to Botswana, are firming up plans to return to Africa.

I hear that officials in South Africa have been told to expect a visit by Prince Harry, Meghan and baby Archie later this year.

‘People have been informed that the Duke and Duchess will be coming,’ a source claims. ‘Early preparations have begun.’

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Harry and Meghan 'are planning a trip to South Africa with baby Archie' | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charlotte to attend same school as brother Prince George

Palace drops announcement about Princess Charlotte
f46f4b1b42db25e04d0a28eb0dd67344

There is malaria there. I find it hard to believe they would bring an infant there

CDC Global Health - Botswana

There is malaria is Africa and Asia, and other parts of the world. It's a part of life. Just like chicken pocks, measles, the flu, and food poisoning is in America.

There are anti-malarial medications. Lots of people travel to Africa each year and don't die or get sick from malaria.
Archie and his parents will be fine. Other royals have traveled around the world and the kids are fine.
Prince Harry loves Africa, he has been there plenty of times for personal vacation, S.A. and Botswana will likely remain a regular part of their lives.

There is malaria is Africa and Asia, and other parts of the world. It's a part of life. Just like chicken pocks, measles, the flu, and food poisoning is in America.

There are anti-malarial medications. Lots of people travel to Africa each year and don't die or get sick from malaria.
Archie and his parents will be fine. Other royals have traveled around the world and the kids are fine.
Prince Harry loves Africa, he has been there plenty of times for personal vacation, S.A. and Botswana will likely remain a regular part of their lives.

Actually malaria is a part of death, not life. It is the number one killer in the world.

It is one thing for an adult to take anti malaria medication. Powerful stuff for an infant.

An anti malaria vaccine was developed for children that actually turned out to be a death sentence for kids.

To all of my Royal Watcher colleagues stateside, I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend. For those of you who join us from across the pond, down under, or Canadian neighbors to the north, Memorial Day (Monday) weekend is the beginning of summer fun here in the states. Fourth of July (Independence Day) and Labor Day (first Monday in September) are the other two big summer holidays. By Labor Day, schools are back in session, beaches closed, etc., so the summer season officially concludes. Wishing all of you a safe and happy summer :)

Last edited:
View attachment 185886

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who sealed their blossoming romance with a trip to Botswana, are firming up plans to return to Africa.

I hear that officials in South Africa have been told to expect a visit by Prince Harry, Meghan and baby Archie later this year.

‘People have been informed that the Duke and Duchess will be coming,’ a source claims. ‘Early preparations have begun.’

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Harry and Meghan 'are planning a trip to South Africa with baby Archie' | Daily Mail Online

And the Palace said nothing has been arranged at this time. I believe the palace.

To all of my Royal Watcher colleagues stateside, I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend. For those of you who join us from across the pond, down under, or Canadian neighbors to the north, Memorial Day (Monday) weekend is the beginning of summer fun here in the states. Fourth of July (Independence Day) and Labor Day (first Monday in September) are the other two big summer holidays. By Labor Day, schools are back in session, beaches closed, etc., so the summer season officially concludes. Wishing all of you a safe and happy summer :)

Thank you BetteDavisEyes I wish you all a happy and safe weekend and summer too. Hopefully we will have happy royal news and photos of baby Archie to post.

A couple who witnessed the aftermath of the crash which killed Princess Diana say her death was 'no accident.'

Robin and Jack Firestone claim they still live in fear for their lives after reporting seeing two dark and mysterious cars at the scene.

Princess Diana, 36, her lover Dodi Fayed, 42, and their driver Henri Paul, 41, all died in the Pont de' l'Alma tunnel, Paris, on August 31, 1997.

Princess Diana death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash | Daily Mail Online

I don’t understand why the authorities wouldn’t want to know this information. I wonder if their taxi driver ever reported what he saw.

It is still baffling to me why this tunnel still does not have crash barriers having gone through it myself I believe it definitely needs them.

There is malaria there. I find it hard to believe they would bring an infant there

CDC Global Health - Botswana

Yes, its kind of crazy to invite serious diseases upon your baby.

Measles is almost eradicated in the USA except for people bringing it back from elsewhere, chickenpox, flu and even food poisoning can/do kill people every year.

:(Maybe he'll not be so keen now?
Sad news revealed for Prince Harry and Prince William
This is something close to the brothers' hearts
Africa is a place close to both Prince William and Prince Harry's hearts, and is the very place that Prince Charles took them after the death of their mother Princess Diana in 1997, in a bid to help them with their grief. Harry in particular is a regular visitor to Botswana, and they will both no doubt be devastated to hear about the country's decision to lift the ban on elephant hunting, which was announced on Thursday...

Their Royal Highnesses travelled to Botswana to assist Dr. Mike Chase of Elephants Without Borders in equipping a bull elephant with a satellite collar. Approximately 100 elephants are poached/killed every day for their ivory tusks.

prince-harry-elephant-z.jpg

Prince Harry is passionate about protecting elephants
Sad news revealed for Prince Harry and Prince William

^^^THIS^^^

I believe both princes are big game hunters, so I imagine it will please them.

I recall reading an explanation from Prince William and/or Prince Harry, after he was photographed with his 'kill', that people did not understand that he killed the animals as part of a 'conservation program'.

The RF have one of the largest/most valuable collections of ivory in the world. Hard for me to believe the above article in any way at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.