Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the 987 men in Delphi

That number doesn't take into account those in the Delphi area, those who aren't on record for whatever reason. If they don't work in Delphi, didn't participate in the last census, etc then they may not be in the headcount.

I really think BG is going to be off the radar either figuratively, in that nobody suspects him, or literally-in that he may not have paperwork tying him to Delphi proper.
I think so, too. I wonder if he's done some fishing in the area. It could be how he stumbled upon the trails and the bridge. Just being there a few times, he might've quickly grown comfortable in those surroundings and, at some point, hatched a plan. Who knows? :-\

I have glanced at a few pages for this thread...Sorry in advance if my opinions were already shared by someone else...

What I noticed is the clothing he was wearing in February 2017 in Indiana...I checked the weather during that time and I noticed something interesting...

In Indiana and all bordering states it's extremely cold in the winter... However, during the time the beautiful girls were killed, it was unusually warm IMO...I would think someone traveling to the area would be bundled up expecting the typical freezing temps....He was dressed for that warmer weather, but not necessarily for night temps...And at night it feels like polar weather...He may have went to a warm place at night (shelter or family/friend ??)...

The other possibility is he was hitchhiking to/from I-65 or I-69 and was dropped off in the area..

I can't recall but LE could've asked the public @ the press conference for the public to call if someone fitting the description abruptly moved from the area...

Weather February 2017

Weather February 2019

I asked in a recent post/thread if it was known who owned that building property. If answered, I missed it.

That building looks like it might have been a boon to the local economy when it was occupied and used as a government office and service center.

Property (this one and all the surrounding) may have been discussed at length in earlier threads. Missed all of those, too. I'd like to know more about that angle.

It might sound weird to people like us, those who have followed every article and interview from the beginning, but despite how horrible these murders were there are still those who haven't heard about them. It didn't make everyone's life come to a stop. I was surprised when I was in Delphi back in August to find that one of my friends couldn't tell me when the crime happened and another couldn't tell me the girls' names (only referring to them as "the girls"). And I had some family members say, "I thought they'd already caught the guy?" For many, life just continued on as normal. At first I thought it was weird, but then I started thinking about our small town and our worst crime. A 14-year-old girl was on a walking trail just a few feet from downtown and she was beheaded. Still no arrest. I'm sure the family could tell you where THEY were when they learned the news and when it happened but the rest of us? I couldn't.
Have you noticed any increased publicity of the murders going into this long weekend when eyes from all over the world will be on/in Indiana?

At this point, it seems to me that BG will only be found if he commits another crime. Hope I'm wrong. MOO

Or if/when he talks. Hope I’m wrong too.

I hadn’t noticed this quote before, it’s from the Feb, the 2nd anniversary. From the beginning LE has asked for that “one tip”, the piece of the puzzle they need to solve this case and have stated numerous time that “somebody knows” the person depicted in the photo, audio and sketch. But I hadn’t noticed it specifically expressed before, the missing piece -

BBM

“I hope that one day I can look into the eyes of the person that did this to Abby and Libby and ask him why and then let him know how I feel — but that day is not yet,” Carter said. “Hope is so very important, and I still have great hope and I believe in humanity that someone will do the right thing, eventually, because unless this person is deceased, somebody knows who did it. That’s the missing piece.”...”
Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later

Last edited:
@sunshineray -- very cool! So... of those 987 males in Delphi (statistically speaking), I wonder what percentage might have red hair (or... "reddish-brown", to quote the LE updated press release)? Is it me, or would the red/reddish hair narrow down the possible total of adult male suspects considerably?

MOO -- I still believe that the suspect lives/works in/frequently visits Delphi. Again, just "me". Thinking a LOT about the many "tidbits" Supt. Carter dropped during one of the most recent PCs (thinking now of Hansel & Gretel's dropping of breadcrumbs on their path, in order to find their way back home). While I understand that many believe(d) his words to be either "emotional" or "taking random shots", so to speak, it is JMOO that the Supt. had a very.distinct.reason for making the precise statements that he made. Thus, I'm not giving up on the suspect's being a part of the Delphi "community" (and how nice the suspect is surely thinking about now that even those people who post on the WS site have nooo idea of who I am, nor of just.how.close I live to the CS...). As a person who grew up in a super-small Midwestern town, I have a great appreciation for all-things-small-town: small-town values, small-town "connectedness", etc. However, that being said, I also know from experience how people in small towns tend to "just know" things about their fellow residents -- even when nothing has been put into print or publicly announced.
That was done fairly quick and a just eyeballing a ballpark figure using the 2019 Delphi Population Pyramid on that link. ISP Carter also said killer could just work in Delphi or used to live in and now just comes home occasionally. Now if they really do know hair or eye color from DNA or even ethnicity, then the LE could be closing in and building a case to convict. God I surely hope that's the case.

The FBI poster reads eye colour unknown, the same before the new sketch.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

Yes but as people have mentioned on here, that can sometimes be wrong so LE may not be able to state with accuracy "not blue' because of the anomalies. I have green eyes yet my mother and one sister has blue eyes. My spouse has blue eyes so my children will probably have some blue notes in their DNA but they don't have blue eyes either ( one has green, one has brown ). I don't think it's black and white. (Excuse the pun)

MOO

Gray Hughes interview with Mike and Becky Patty – Part 5

GH: Do you guys have any theories on what happened?

BP: We go back and forth on this, truly. You can play any scenario in your head, you know. Yeah, yeah, because of knowing, you know, the area he could be local, but then again it could have been some guy scoped the place out. Delphi did, they did advertise the trails, you know what I mean? …

GH: Hey Mike, I hear you made some extraordinary efforts into looking for clues. Can you tell us a little bit about that?

MP: I actually put together a team of people. I told LE what I was doing and that we’d be out there. And I actually kind of got a map of the area and did a grid system and assigned people to specific areas and told them to “Take all the time you need to go over it, like a fine tooth comb. You know, walk back and forth. Don’t leave anything. I want to see everything covered” so if there’s anything out here, we all had little flags we could stick in the ground if we found something”. We found a couple of items, turned it in. It didn’t prove to be anything but nevertheless we covered it as best we could.

GH: Can you tell me about one of the more creative things you might have done to help find clues?

MP: I was getting read to jump in the creek one day. I had a pair of shorts and tennis shoes. I was gonna go walking and FBI and State Police came up in the area and they said, “No, Mr Patty, we’re gonna be walking that. We’ve got underwater sonar, gyroscopes or something, you know, under water metal detecting capabilities and cameras and stuff”. He said, “We’re gonna walk this whole thing”. We combed that area pretty good. I mean we really did. – I’m not saying there’s something we missed ‘cause it’s – obviously I don’t know the exact route that he left, you know, or where he went, you know, but we pretty much covered about every direction leaving the crime scene.

GH: I was gonna ask you guys, any rumors that you want to just kind of clear up?
BP: Well, the big thing is, Mike didn’t do it. I didn’t swab him. I didn’t take his DNA in.
GH: Tell me the genesis for that thing? I want to hear about that one.
BP: Well, there was just a rumor that has been going around that I am the one that swabbed Mike and took his DNA and took it in, and that’s not the case at all. An FBI agent came out here. They only have one FBI agent that does everybody’s so it’s done consistently and he has – he took all of our whole family, yeah.
MP: They have a single investigator doing all DNA, you know, samples from everybody, whoever they deem that they needed to get DNA from.

It was interesting to learn that GH has spoken with Becky a few times and messaged her on Facebook since the beginning of the case. This was the first time he had spoken with Mike.

@JudgeJudi Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us. Very thoughtful. Thanking ALL of the members that painstakingly take the time to give us reminders and links to catch up as well. You're all spectacular!!

I asked in a recent post/thread if it was known who owned that building property. If answered, I missed it.

That building looks like it might have been a boon to the local economy when it was occupied and used as a government office and service center.

Property (this one and all the surrounding) may have been discussed at length in earlier threads. Missed all of those, too. I'd like to know more about that angle.
You can find some information here: Beacon - Carroll County, IN

SBM

Generally I'd agree, but what about those cases in which the people in the community did NOT "just know"? Jake Patterson's community had no suspicions about him whatsoever-and it was a fraction of the size of Delphi. Ariel Castro was in a large city, but his neighbors knew him and even attended cookouts with him. Not a clue.

Sometimes there are "signs" that's something off with a person but sometimes there isn't. I live in a small town. Everyone in the county goes to the same elementary school, middle, and high school. Sure we have some oddballs and some town crazies, including one who runs a YT page about this case, but even though they're a little weird I would probably not suspect them of double murder.

I guess these are the cases that go cold, sadly. If JC hadn't escaped, that would never have been solved IMO.

I can’t tell by looking at this top picture, but if there is someone here who is familiar with this area...question: if someone parked by the CPS building, would they have been able to pull onto that highway from there? Or is there some kind of ditch or wire barrier preventing this kind of access to the highway?

Just wondering, because if someone did jump onto the highway from there, that certainly seems like something “someone felt should be reported.”
There is no barrier shown in Google. It was posted on the last thread. The building is there in 2015 but gone by 2018 and there are no barriers shown at all. There may well be some there now however. MOO

As I was curious too, I just looked at the Beacon Schneider map that was recently posted and it shows that it is owned by the State of Indiana.

Absolutely, and there are giving genealogists, with generations living in the area and huge trees, who want to help. However, the phrase "he is from Delphi" is limiting. He may not be. At least there should be a few from several counties in Indiana, and possibly, neighboring states.
Assuming LE believes he is from Delphi and they have a sketch, cripes, the male population is around 1300, including children. One would assume LE would go through high school yearbooks and compare. Unless the sketch isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288