UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance I wonder if this could be some kind of custody dispute? Looking for hope I guess. I have no reason to think that other than it is a relative, apparently was welcome there and there was no Amber Alert...

Well Alex is Mom's brother it appears (shares a last name with Mom, not Elizabeth.) So I guess it depends on who's house Elizabeth was at when she vanished? If she was at Mom's then probably not, if she was at Dad's then maybe? Obviously if Mom and Dad are together it's unlikely as well.

Logan police identify missing 5-year-old girl; uncle detained
LOGAN, Utah – Police are searching locating a missing 5-year-old girl in Cache Valley.

In a Facebook post, the Logan City Police Department said the girl was last seen at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday morning in Logan. She was discovered missing at about 10 a.m.

Police said the girl, who they later identified as Elizabeth Shelley*, is about 3′ 6″ tall with brown, shoulder length hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a red tank top with blue ruffles and either blue jeans or a teal colored plaid skirt.

Police believed she could have been with her 21-year-old uncle, Alex Whipple, but Whipple was located and detained near Hyrum Saturday afternoon with no sign of the girl, police said.

“Officers are seeking additional search warrants and we are continuing to search for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley,” LCPD’s updated Facebook post read.

*Mods alerted to rename thread - PD has named her

Well Alex is Mom's brother it appears. So I guess it depends on who's house Elizabeth was at when she vanished? If she was at Mom's then probably not, if she was at Dad's then maybe? Obviously if Mom and Dad are together it's unlikely as well.
Alex is friends with Mom, can't view her friends list. I found a picture of a man with hearts + their names, but I can't find him online. Not sure if it's Dad or not but timeline matches up.
Edit: I had a theory, but it conflicts with info from LE. Removed to prevent further confusion.

Last edited:
Alex is friends with Mom, can't view her friends list. I found a picture of a man with hearts + their names, but I can't find him online. Not sure if it's Dad or not but timeline matches up.
IMO, Alex could have been babysitting Elizabeth while Mom was working. When she came home he could have told her to go to bed while he cleans up or puts kid to bed, and instead took her. Would explain why her guard was down, MOO.

It was reported that Alex stopped by to visit. So they all stayed up late visiting, then they all went to bed. Then they were missing at 10am.

IMO, Alex could have been babysitting Elizabeth while Mom was working. When she came home he could have told her to go to bed while he cleans up or puts kid to bed, and instead took her. Would explain why her guard was down, MOO.

I think if you go back to the first few articles, Alex stopped by for a “visit”.

Hyrum (where Alex was found) to Logan is appx 8 mi., easy walk for a young lad.
On FB he claims to work in Hyrum. His black suit might have been a restaurant uniform imo.
One good thing, imo is he had a very narrow window of time with the girl if mom reported her missing around ten.
Again, if he traveled on foot, that really narrows things down.
I think he lives in the Hyrum/Logan area, moo though.

I am extremely concerned about this child! What is going on here? Why doesn't the family seem to be panicked?

Maybe they know something we don't?
Or maybe they are in denial?
Or maybe detached?
Or maybe they are panicked and we just haven't seen it.

I don't know... I hope we are missing information and she is safe somewhere. How awesome would that be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie