Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

Has anyone ever read about or experienced “birthday anxiety”? It’s a real thing (and I thought it was just me!). Essentially, it’s when one is not tripping on sunshine over the anniversary of your birth. It can cause depression or erratic behavior.

I bring this up because Kathleen died on Feb 2nd and her Birthday was Feb 4th. Part of the reason she was going to the match was to celebrate her Birthday w/the Grandkids.

Although it wasn’t what is considered a traditional landmark Birthday (the “0” years 30/40/50 etc), it could have been a personal landmark for her. I’m wondering if her family/friends are aware of any special feelings she had about her Birthday?

I am not sure if Katleen had any of these health concerns: diabetes, anxiety (panic attacks), heart condition. Was she a smoker? If an attack of one of these medical conditions began, perhaps she pulled over to the driveway to calm down/give herself insulin/eat a candy bar and lost consciousness. If she had been smoking the cigarette ignited the car and eventually it was engulfed in flames. I had mentioned something like this before but thought to bring it up again. Also, does anyone know how far away the home is that owned the driveway where Kathleen's car was found? Thanks.

I am not sure if Katleen had any of these health concerns: diabetes, anxiety (panic attacks), heart condition. Was she a smoker? If an attack of one of these medical conditions began, perhaps she pulled over to the driveway to calm down/give herself insulin/eat a candy bar and lost consciousness. If she had been smoking the cigarette ignited the car and eventually it was engulfed in flames. I had mentioned something like this before but thought to bring it up again. Also, does anyone know how far away the home is that owned the driveway where Kathleen's car was found? Thanks.
google.com/maps/place/Stearns+School+Rd
This is the intersection where the driveway enters. Back among the trees is the home. Her car was out of sight of the main road as it was on fire. Not reported as to how long it could have been on the driveway.
If she was having a medical problem it doesn't make sense to pull up out of sight, I think she would have just pulled into the beginning part of the driveway.

I am not sure if Katleen had any of these health concerns: diabetes, anxiety (panic attacks), heart condition.
I think that, iirc, the only known health issue for Kathleen with which we're familiar consisted of a bout with cervical cancer in the early 2000s. While there are many factors involved, most recurrences - and the disease recurs in about 35% of cases - are within two years of initial treatment.

Last edited:
Looks like it's been one full month, 31 days, since the last MSM mention of the case on April 25.

You would think that LE would have been all over media, seeking to keep this one in the limelight.

Personally, I do not think it means they have been busy pursuing hot leads, or have adopted silence as a "strategy."

Looks like it's been one full month, 31 days, since the last MSM mention of the case on April 25.

You would think that LE would have been all over media, seeking to keep this one in the limelight.

Personally, I do not think it means they have been busy pursuing hot leads, or have adopted silence as a "strategy."
Or they have a case and have no use for MSM

Has anyone ever read about or experienced “birthday anxiety”? It’s a real thing (and I thought it was just me!). Essentially, it’s when one is not tripping on sunshine over the anniversary of your birth. It can cause depression or erratic behavior.

I bring this up because Kathleen died on Feb 2nd and her Birthday was Feb 4th. Part of the reason she was going to the match was to celebrate her Birthday w/the Grandkids.

Although it wasn’t what is considered a traditional landmark Birthday (the “0” years 30/40/50 etc), it could have been a personal landmark for her. I’m wondering if her family/friends are aware of any special feelings she had about her Birthday?
Interesting idea and not something I’ve ever heard of. She had so much to live for, even FaceTiming with her family before the drive. I can’t imagine she would want to intentionally break the hearts of her grandkids by not showing up.

Who did this to you Kathleen? Show us the way.

Jmo, they clearly don’t “have a case”...I feel they are still trying to trace her movements all day but are having little sucess, and have yet to find any indication of the presence of another person with her.

And that her death will remain unexplained.

Interesting idea and not something I’ve ever heard of. She had so much to live for, even FaceTiming with her family before the drive. I can’t imagine she would want to intentionally break the hearts of her grandkids by not showing up.

Who did this to you Kathleen? Show us the way.

You’ve never cringed at a birthday? Your 30th? 40th?

Has anyone ever read about or experienced “birthday anxiety”? It’s a real thing (and I thought it w as just me!). Essentially, it’s when one is not tripping on sunshine over the anniversary of your birth. It can cause depression or erratic behavior.

I don't discount that there is such a thing as "birthday anxiety" but I don't think it would result in a suicide of someone who is otherwise known to be a stable mother and grandmother. I would think that there would have been other personality characteristics through the years that would support. this.
She has never been described that way that I have read. MOO

Jmo, they clearly don’t “have a case”...I feel they are still trying to trace her movements all day but are having little sucess, and have yet to find any indication of the presence of another person with her.

This is far out there....but only her family would know for sure...Is it possible she had a drinking problem? If she became intoxicated, that leaves the door open for any number of scenarios.

Seems to me for a fire to burn a body beyond recognition, there would have to been some outside source applied. I sure hope LE knows more than we do.

This is far out there....but only her family would know for sure...Is it possible she had a drinking problem? If she became intoxicated, that leaves the door open for any number of scenarios.

Seems to me for a fire to burn a body beyond recognition, there would have to been some outside source applied. I sure hope LE knows more than we do.

Anything is possible. Sometimes people fall off a wagon over some sort of “trigger”. A day can also take on a life of its own, after a celebratory lunch. Thing is, if a person is leading a double life, their family is usually the last to know.

We have to think outside the box in this case.

Let us say she had a drinking problem. Why would she pull into a random driveway and sit in the passenger seat?

Someone could go up or down that driveway at any second.

I could see that maybe she did not feel good and stopped the car, got out and sat in the passenger side because it was more roomy. But in that case, I would think the back seat would be better for lying down.

The fire is the mystery . And if someone did this to her, they are taking a risk in the driveway.

She meets someone. They go for a ride. They stop to talk. But the person had a plan.

RSBM for focus

And maybe that’s what she wanted, IMO.

Once depression convinces you it’s better for everyone if you didn’t exist any more, all logic goes out of the window, IMO.

Perhaps something happened on her way to the basketball game that ended up pushing her over the edge.

For example: Kathleen is pulled over by the police, and she pulls into the private driveway. After the officer leaves, she sits there and becomes increasingly upset. When you are already depressed, something as insignificant (seemingly to a healthy person) as that can be the straw that broke the camel’s back, IMO.

Or (more likely than the scenario above, IMO, and if she indeed died of suicide) it could also be that she already had a plan for taking her own life that day. Maybe she went to see a friend(s) that lives near where she was later found, which might explain her deviating from her usual route and leaving earlier than usual.

Even then, IMO, she would have been fully intending to attend the basketball game; perhaps she decided against it at the last minute, knowing that seeing her beloved children and grand-children would make it difficult or nearly impossible to go through with the plan.

No one has said Kathleen had been depressed, going through a major life event, having financial troubles or having a particularly stressful time at work. But (and this just occurred to me) to the best of my knowledge, no one has said she wasn’t, either.

All MOO

You know, in reading back over these threads, it appears that initial suspicions may have been correct, just not quite in the ways that suggested themselves at the time.

This apparently happened just a few hours ago, so there isn’t much information available as of yet. Will try to follow up:

May 28, 2019 | 2:43am
“Woman in Queens sets herself on fire in apparent suicide”

“[SBM]

Firefighters received the alarming call about a patient who set herself ablaze at about 1:25 a.m. near 147th Drive and 249th Street in Rosedale, the FDNY said.

The victim was pronounced dead on scene and criminality is not suspected, sources said.“
Woman in Queens sets herself on fire in apparent suicide

My thoughts are with the woman and her family.

Don't know if anyone has researched cars catching fire, but it could be another angle ...

2009 Pontiac G6 Fire Due To Power Steering Fluid Leak | CarComplaints.com

While driving the vehicle a loud pop sound came from under the hood. The interior then filled with smoke via the air vents. The car was stopped and turned off.

pontiac g6 Problems
(Find on page with 'fire', many instances)

Tl*the contact owns a 2007 pontiac g6. the contact's vehicle had been turned off for thirty minutes when she was alerted that it was engulfed in flames.

On my 2007 pontiac g6, i had noticed a strong smell of gas during and after operation. this smell would fill the car and my garage when parked. after doing some reading i found that this is common problem with pontiac g6. a plastic line attached to the fuel sending unit/ pump cracks or breaks and leaks fuel ontop of the gas tank and the exhaust lines at the rear of the vehicle. this is a inhalation hazard and fire hazard to any one using the vehicle.

i cannot believe that this has not been a recall yet, because this is a serious matter. i would imagine it is just a matter of time before someone's g6 ignites and causes a huge fire and explosion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back