GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

In Mycase TJ is 5'11" and RM 6'0" with RM being a bit heavier so not a lot in it.

Case Search - MyCase

Case Summary

State of Indiana v. Talmadge R. Jasper
Case Number 79D04-1905-MC-000505
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 4
Type MC - Miscellaneous Criminal
Filed 05/24/2019
Status 05/24/2019 , Pending (active)
Reference
Prosecutor Case Management Number
79-DM89329
Police Agency Number
LPD 19-7985
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant Jasper, Talmadge Russell
Description

Male, White, 5' 11", 123 lbs.
Address

Case Summary

State of Indiana v. RYAN A MARTIN
Case Number 79D06-1811-CM-004998
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 6
Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 11/16/2018
Status 11/30/2018 , Decided
Reference
79D06-DM84869
Police Agency Number
WLPD 18-4349
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant MARTIN, RYAN A
Description

Male, White, 6' 0", 150 lbs.
Address
5'11" and 123 lbs.? Yipes, that's extremely thin! MOO

bbm above Giving a co-worker a ride home from work would not be my definition of "hanging out." The drive was on his way home from work, and they lived less than a mile from each other... Ryan was just a kind man and didn't deserve this horrible fate.

I agree, nobody ever deserves to be murdered. I just don’t get why RM went inside TJs apartment knowing TJ posed a danger to his ex. It would seem a new boyfriend of an ex is in just as much at risk. I wonder if RM thought TJ didn’t know SR moved into his home.

Worst case scenario, RM went to TJs apartment to tune him in and this is why first degree murder charges haven’t yet been formally filed.

In Mycase TJ is 5'11" and RM 6'0" with RM being a bit heavier so not a lot in it.

Case Search - MyCase

Case Summary

State of Indiana v. Talmadge R. Jasper
Case Number 79D04-1905-MC-000505
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 4
Type MC - Miscellaneous Criminal
Filed 05/24/2019
Status 05/24/2019 , Pending (active)
Reference
79-DM89329
Police Agency Number
LPD 19-7985
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant Jasper, Talmadge Russell
Description

Male, White, 5' 11", 123 lbs.
Address

Case Summary

State of Indiana v. RYAN A MARTIN
Case Number 79D06-1811-CM-004998
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 6
Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 11/16/2018
Status 11/30/2018 , Decided
Reference
79D06-DM84869
Police Agency Number
WLPD 18-4349
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant MARTIN, RYAN A
Description

Male, White, 6' 0", 150 lbs.
Address
Thank you! Wow 5’11” and 123 lbs is very thin. MOO

Verging on emaciated IMO.
Agree. Kids that age can be total stringbeans, but his weight suggests something else going on. (Amateur opinion).
As I suggested upthread, with the size and age of the Perp vs. Victim, it sounds like he caught him by surprise. What a Coward. Hmm....seems like we have been discussing a Coward in another thread related to Delphi. Guess we'll see.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Agree. Kids that age can be total stringbeans, but his weight suggests something else going on. (Amateur opinion).
As I suggested upthread, with the size and age of the Perp vs. Victim, it sounds like he caught him by surprise. What a Coward. Hmm....seems like we have been discussing a Coward in another thread related to Delphi. Guess we'll see.

Amateur opinion and speculation only
ROSESFROMANGELS bbm, great observations as usual. I always value your input.
The average American man 20 years old and up weighs 197.9 pounds Trusted Source
How Much Does the Average Man Weigh?
(Perhaps the most famous of all Bale transformations is his role as a sleepless industrial worker in the 2004 film The Machinist. In order to whittle himself down to a startling 120 pounds...sound familiar?)

This is what I think TJ will say.

He will claim self defence and say RM pushed him into his place and there was a fight. So TJ hit him over the head and restrained him resulting in RM's death. He went to tell SR but she told him to clear off and called LE. TJ went back to his place to hide the body. Whether that is what happened or it was a planned murder is what LE will now be trying to find out. MOO.

(Perhaps the most famous of all Bale transformations is his role as a sleepless industrial worker in the 2004 film The Machinist. In order to whittle himself down to a startling 120 pounds...sound familiar?)
Thank you for the kind words. I have learned a lot from all of you.
Bale attributes his weight loss to one Apple and a can of tuna a day for his movie role. Okaaaaay.

In this case, my amateur speculation is that mania of some sort could have been the factor. But as always, all of the above is...

Amateur opinion and speculation

IIRC Bale did actually lose the weight for that film. It would be interesting to see what weight Bale reduced to as a comparison.

ETA. Roses, you mentioned similar so I'm off to Google. See below -he lost 63lbs from 173 to 110 lbs. He also took up smoking. Interesting read.

The Machinist (2004) - Trivia - IMDb

Last edited:
Moo - When my son took ADHD meds in his preteen-teens he had no appetite at all and became super bony thin so much so that we had to have it changed. Maybe he takes some similar meds? It seems likely?

Moo - When my son took ADHD meds in his preteen-teens he had no appetite at all and became super bony thin so much so that we had to have it changed. Maybe he takes some similar meds? It seems likely?
I agree. A friend of mine went from a little over 200 lbs down to under 150 lbs. He was about 6’. He got on Adderall but abused it and would take a 1/2 dozen pills a day or more. He never slept and became paranoid. It was very sad to see. He became another person. He was finally able to get off of it, only because he was thrown in jail for about 12 months, after attacking and nearly killing his Dad.

So many senseless crimes are associated the meth addiction as well.

Methamphetamine Effects

“Wired”–sleeplessness for days and weeks at a time, total loss of appetite, extreme weight loss, dilated pupils, excited, talkative, deluded sense of power, paranoia, depression, loss of control, nervousness, unusual sweating, shaking, anxiety, hallucinations, aggression, violence, dizziness, mood changes, blurred vision, mental confusion, agitation.
Signs and Symptoms of Drug Use

I agree. A friend of mine went from a little over 200 lbs down to under 150 lbs. He was about 6’. He got on Adderall but abused it and would take a 1/2 dozen pills a day or more. He never slept and became paranoid. It was very sad to see. He became another person. He was finally able to get off of it, only because he was thrown in jail for about 12 months, after attacking and nearly killing his Dad.
This sounds very plausible in this Perp’s case. I guess we’ll have to see. I feel so bad for his family and girlfriend, especially the girlfriend. I hope she gets some good support right away. So tragic.

Were there plenty of signs ignored? What can we learn from this tragedy?

IIRC Bale did actually lose the weight for that film. It would be interesting to see what weight Bale reduced to as a comparison.

ETA. Roses, you mentioned similar so I'm off to Google. See below -he lost 63lbs from 173 to 110 lbs. He also took up smoking. Interesting read.

The Machinist (2004) - Trivia - IMDb
The strain he put on his body can never be compensated by the fame (?) he received for that part.
Tom Hanks did similar up and down for his roles and now has diabetes 2. One can ponder the correlation.

With this Perp, it is probably tied to something much deeper, especially if there was a dramatic weight loss recently.

TJ does not look the worse for wear. His face shows no sign of an altercation. He also does not look like a Meth user. It appears he was bright. He was shown as on the honor role several years in Delphi as well as the Quiz Bowl team for the high school. Was he a student at Purdue working a job? He seems to be a candidate for college.

This sounds very plausible in this Perp’s case. I guess we’ll have to see. I feel so bad for his family and girlfriend, especially the girlfriend. I hope she gets some good support right away. So tragic.

Were there plenty of signs ignored? What can we learn from this tragedy?

It’s so tragic for everyone involved. My friend was in his late 30’s when the adderall took over his life. His family and I tried everything to no avail. His family had him committed at one point but they could only hold him for 72 hours. He got out and went right back to the adderall. I’m not blaming his Psychiatrist but the Dr clearly saw his weight loss and continued to prescribe it. He also shopped around for other Docs and kept getting more prescriptions.

TJ does not look the worse for wear. His face shows no sign of an altercation. He also does not look like a Meth user. It appears he was bright. He was shown as on the honor role several years in Delphi as well as the Quiz Bowl team for the high school. Was he a student at Purdue working a job? He seems to be a candidate for college.
I agree with this. TJ doesn’t look like a meth or amphetamine user. If he has something like paranoid Schizophrenia,(I think someone mentioned this early on) that could possibly explain his behavior. MOO
Edited to add - Of course there could have been no drug use or mental issues. Just pure and simple jealousy. MOO

Last edited:
Thanks RAJA for your input and observation. Now that you mention it, the arrest photo does look "serene".... not wide-eyed and scared. We all see things differently, but he has that, "another day in the office-look" or is it "acceptance." ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back