Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he was long gone by the time DG and other family members started searching. The girls were on the bridge (about a third of the way across) at 2:07pm. It would seem that BG closed in on them as they got to the end of the bridge, which could have been as early as 2:15pm (it only takes 5-10 mintues to cross). LE has stated that they were killed within minutes of the recording. I'm guessing this crime was over by 2:30pm or 2:45pm at the latest, which means he had anywhere from 30-45 minutes to clean up and exit before DG even arrived at the trails.
This is the more plausible line imo, however we have to factor in that OG was well in to the journey of returning from the bridge when encountering DG, so the report of the 'couple' would be retrospective and not a contemporaneous (Out! Damn Arias!) timing of the sighting? What time would that shave off? MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

At the time of this contact DG was looking for the girls. Maybe a little irritated because they weren’t answering the phone (TBH i have a kid their age and I would be), but not panicked at this point.

When at the bridge he asks the older guy if he saw 2 girls and the older guy (OG) says he saw a couple under the bridge. Why would OG feel the need to point out he saw a couple (romantic couple) if DG was clearly asking about 2 girls?
I believe DG wasn't right at the bridge when he first encountered the older gentleman. It was because of what he told him, that he hadn't seen the girls, just a couple, that DG at first went down a different path looking for the girls. IIRC

MOO Indiana is 99% white - the prevalence of blue eyes is going to be as great a concentration as anywhere in the world.
MOO Many, many, many Indiana men look somewhat like that sketch. So the sketch alone doesn't do much.
BUT if there is a suspicion for any other reason the sketch can help build the case.
84% is listed on the World Population Review site.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/indiana-population/

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. In anticipation, I congratulate everyone whose relatives had fallen serving in the US Army.

To the two families, whose children, Abby and Libby, died because of a sick monster, I sincerely wish to get closure. I hope that he did, indeed, make a mistake, and that he will be caught.

Let us all think of what we, personally, can do, to make life for our children safer.

Rural places dont operate and work like traffic driven big city America. I think this is what makes this case harder to solve.

It's just the nature of how things work. Like many have suggested before, maybe people aren't covering intentionally but they just dont have the energy to put forth anything to help.

Rural places dont operate and work like traffic driven big city America. I think this is what makes this case harder to solve.

It's just the nature of how things work. Like many have suggested before, maybe people aren't covering intentionally but they just dont have the energy to put forth anything to help.
My perspective is the opposite. I think the more rural, and smaller the group, the more involved the community would be in wanting to find a killer of two of their own. In the bigger cities that more populated atmosphere tends to dilute that community feeling and people get an it doesn't concern me attitude more often. JMO

This is the more plausible line imo, however we have to factor in that OG was well in to the journey of returning from the bridge when encountering DG, so the report of the 'couple' would be retrospective and not a contemporaneous (Out! Damn Arias!) timing of the sighting? What time would that shave off? MOO

MOO It's about 1/3 mile from the bridge to the parking area by the Mears, it likely had been just 5-10 minutes since OG had been at the bridge when DG ran into him.

Last edited:
From April 22, 2019

Police release new sketch, video of suspect in Delphi murders

Snipped for focus:

"Carter also said police believe they know where the killer parked his car on the day of the murders. It was near a building that once housed child welfare offices.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you, and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said"

BBM. I was looking back at MSM and found this. I can't say that I ever realized that they had connected the car at CFS to the killer directly. Also, "we have a witness" seems new to me as well.

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?

IMO he was long gone by the time DG and other family members started searching. The girls were on the bridge (about a third of the way across) at 2:07pm. It would seem that BG closed in on them as they got to the end of the bridge, which could have been as early as 2:15pm (it only takes 5-10 mintues to cross). LE has stated that they were killed within minutes of the recording. I'm guessing this crime was over by 2:30pm or 2:45pm at the latest, which means he had anywhere from 30-45 minutes to clean up and exit before DG even arrived at the trails.
Yes, I think BG stayed out of sight before and after the killings to limit the chance an eyewitness would see and remember him. The person depicted in the sketch might've been someone in the area that a witness did not recognize. So, the witness reported it. It might've been BG. It might've been someone else (who may not even realize he is the one supposedly depicted in the sketch). Who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if BG was long gone before DG even arrived.

From April 22, 2019

Snipped for focus:

"Carter also said police believe they know where the killer parked his car on the day of the murders. It was near a building that once housed child welfare offices.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you, and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said"

BBM. I was looking back at MSM and found this. I can't say that I ever realized that they had connected the car at CFS to the killer directly. Also, "we have a witness" seems new to me as well.

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?
I want it to be related to a specific person/vehicle/etc., but I really think it’s a desperate attempt to restart some movement in this case. I wish I could share the optimism some people feel, but I think LE is back at zero and reading from a profiler’s playbook. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I think there’s too many variables to draw any conclusions because by the time BP repeated her son’s condensed version of events, the murders were known. For her not to later connect that the sighting of the couple was significant would be really bizarre.

From GH interview, post #211
“He was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older guy, a gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge, and he asked him, “Did you see a couple of girls there?” and he said, “No, but there’s a couple down underneath”. So Derrick, instead of going to the High Bridge, took the trail that went down to the creek to where he said that the couple was there. I don’t even remember if he said he saw them or what but he came walking back up and he called me. That was when he called me – it was about 3:30 – and said, “Libby’s not answering her phone and I don’t see her”.

From April 22, 2019

Snipped for focus:

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?

In the PC, Carter didn’t actually say police believe they know where the killer parked his car. The above quote appears to be a conclusion drawn by the reporter. Carter didn’t give a reason why they wanted to speak to this person.

“Police are also looking to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at an abandoned CPS/DCS/Welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

I want it to be related to a specific person/vehicle/etc., but I really think it’s a desperate attempt to restart some movement in this case. I wish I could share the optimism some people feel, but I think LE is back at zero and reading from a profiler’s playbook. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
"Desperate" was my initial reaction to the PC. I think they worried that the case was going cold, so they took a second look at everything (with or without the help of an outside agency). For whatever reason, they ruled the man in the first sketch out. Now what? Well, they did have another sketch, though for 2+ years they didn't give it much credibility. They also may have had a vague report of a vehicle parked near the abandoned building. So, with the case growing colder by the day, they decided to shift strategies. Show the new sketch. Hope that after 2+ years someone could remember seeing the vehicle. Take an aggressive tone toward the killer, hoping to stir him up enough that someone would notice a change in his behavior. In other words, they're getting nowhere. They're desperate for a lead.

To add onto sumzero, where do you go exactly next? All the tips that came in even after the update yielded nothing so far...

2 plus years isn't exactly a lifetime but with all we have at our disposal, the guy still hasnt been caught. I think that's telling.

From April 22, 2019

Snipped for focus:

Any thoughts, Sleuthers? /

I think the parts of the crime are really filling in, and each piece that fits greatly increases the chances of finding the next piece that fits.

Last edited:
8l07 um it ĺ
From April 22, 2019

Snipped for focus:

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members