UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the family called the police pretty quickly. And it seems like the police found him pretty fast as well, within 5 hours of the initial call. That is extremely rapid.

More and more it seems like these perpetrators are hiding the evidence to keep from being convicted, this is somewhat similar to the Maleah Davis case. And they are not talking. Maybe these things were planned, and they learned from Casey Anthony, if you don't talk....it is harder to convict.

Although, I have more hope that Elizabeth will be found.

Police were serving additional search warrants Sunday and asking residents to check home video surveillance footage from 2 a.m. to noon Saturday.

Meanwhile, police continue to call the girl's 21-year-old uncle a suspect in her disappearance.

Authorities continue search for missing 5-year-old Utah girl

8abc news video at link above

Additional volunteers carefully searched a canal located in the vicinity, with no apparent results. Only the family home and the Bear River Charter School have been marked with police tape, although late in the afternoon several streets in the area were blocked off.

Wait, did I miss something? Why is the school marked with police tape? Was there an evidentiary find made there?

I was under the impression the bond was $25,000 for a probation offense, not $250,000 as he hadn't been charged with a crime related to her disappearance, yet

Hmmm ... I just copied what was in the article. If you find a link with the correction, can you post it? Thanks (I will look for one)

ETA ... found and corrected ... thank you

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I just copied what was in the article. If you find a link with the correction, can you post it? Thanks (I will look for one)

Found one ... I am honestly not sure what is correct, but most likely this one. The other was probably a typo/error.

Thanks for pointing it out

Uncle of missing girl booked into jail on warrant; 'main suspect' in girl's disappearance
Whipple is the "main suspect" in the case of missing 5-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shelley. He was booked into the Cache County Jail just after midnight Sunday morning on a failure-to-appear (FTA) warrant with a $25,000 bond. [not $250,000 as I earlier posted]

I know. The frustration they must feel over uncle not cooperating. I guess he enjoys this.
I can't imagine what they must be going through. To have a family member do this to your own child must be devastating. Any support or sympathy they felt for him before must be gone.
I don't think he is enjoying it, though. He just doesn't want to admit to whatever horrible thing he has done to his own family. IMO

Found one ... I am honestly not sure what is correct, but most likely this one. The other was probably a typo/error.

Thanks for pointing it out

Uncle of missing girl booked into jail on warrant; 'main suspect' in girl's disappearance
Whipple is the "main suspect" in the case of missing 5-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shelley. He was booked into the Cache County Jail just after midnight Sunday morning on a failure-to-appear (FTA) warrant with a $25,000 bond. [not $250,000 as I earlier posted]

Direct from Cache County Sheriff site, it's $25k bond or $500 cash. Reporter made a mistake, it happens.

Official Site of Cache County Sheriff's Office - Arrest & Booking: Who’s been booked? (Last 30 days)

Inmate Information

Whipple, Alexander

Arrest Date/Time: 05/26/2019 12:19 AM
Name Number: 169036
Age at Arrest: 21
Agency: LCPD
Related Incidents:
Bail Type:
BOND $25,000.00
CAS $500.00

The sheriff did not express the same optimism, he said this is very sad. They have something which tells them sweet little Lizzi is not alive :(

Yes they do. Its heartbreaking to even think about.

LE wouldn't ever say this if it wasn't true. They wouldn't ever do that to Elizabeth's mother/family, and all who loves her.

They have the evidence showing this is true. I imagine it came to be the case when they found her little clothing in his possession.

May have had a copious amount of blood on them or torn clothing, and even much worse.

Jmo

He just doesn't want to admit to whatever horrible thing he has done to his own family. IMO

From his rather long arrest record, I dont think he cares about anything any more, other than where his next fix comes from.

He may not even be thinking about concealing the crime. He just doesn't care whatever happened

I wonder if he would talk to a member of the family? Does LE ever bring in a parent to see if a related suspect will break down and admit what they have done?
Yeah, its been done.

If he has a family member or friend that he is particularly close to, that might be an option.

If he’s not willing to talk to law enforcement, he might be willing to talk to someone he respects.

So has anyone discussed his demeanor when he arrived at the home?

I believe he must have conned his family here-- didn't show any signs of his evil intent.

If he showed up high and/or intoxicated, I doubt he would be invited to spend the night.

Not sleuthing minors but do we know if there were other children in the home besides Lizzi?

From his rather long arrest record, I dont think he cares about anything any more, other than where his next fix comes from.

He may not even be thinking about concealing the crime. He just doesn't care whatever happened
Good point. If he is an addict and going through withdrawal in a jail cell right now, the only thing on his mind is getting some kind of relief.
In that case they may have to wait awhile before they can get some answers. Maybe they can bribe him with comfort drugs. Imo

I believe he must have conned his family here-- didn't show any signs of his evil intent.

If he showed up high and/or intoxicated, I doubt he would be invited to spend the night.

Not sleuthing minors but do we know if there were other children in the home besides Lizzi?

Not that I have read anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member