Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE and prosecutors want a conviction not just an arrest. It would seem, with what's been said by the ISP, they've narrowed the field down with testing. The "tip" they're waiting on could be a broken alibi.

Someone may be giving an untruthful alibi to a family member. ISP said killer like's to be in control. Fear of injury could be involved, fear of their own life changing drastically and forever if this member is arrested or fear for a younger family member's future being destroyed.

(Colored font added by me for emphasis)

Ding, ding, ding! @sunshineray: If your words in this post could be heard in Delphi at this moment, I believe that, in at least a few households right now, "bells" would be ringing, and in a few places, those bells would be "clanging" very loudly! In addition to fear of major life changes and/or fear for the sake of a younger family member's future, I don't think it would be too much to also imagine perhaps there might be fear for some family member's/members' own lives; thus, the deafening silence.

Generally wondering... what are possible avenues/ways by which such family members/a family member might be able to reach out to LE without fearing for their lives/life? Sure, there's a tip line, but...what if, for example, a suspect's family members are feeling as if their every word/movement to/from their house is being checked, by.the.suspect? What then?

Sure, there's a tip line, but...what if, for example, a suspect's family members are feeling as if their every word/movement to/from their house is being checked, by.the.suspect? What then?
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Well I guess they could "call for a Pizza"

Amateur opinion and speculation

From April 22, 2019

Police release new sketch, video of suspect in Delphi murders

Snipped for focus:

"Carter also said police believe they know where the killer parked his car on the day of the murders. It was near a building that once housed child welfare offices.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you, and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said"

BBM. I was looking back at MSM and found this. I can't say that I ever realized that they had connected the car at CFS to the killer directly. Also, "we have a witness" seems new to me as well.

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?
The way that's written with no quotes, it could just be the reporter's deduction of why ISP asked for information on a vehicle parked in a certain spot. I honestly don't recalled ISP saying it was the killer's car. We did all infer that though.

Sorry for just cluing in on this; when did the building burn down? Before or after the murders?

I believe it was sometime *after* the murders, but I'm not sure of the exact date -- nor do I know if it was burnt down by CPS, or... arson, etc. Hoping someone here can fill us in. TIA.

The way that's written with no quotes, it could just be the reporter's deduction of why ISP asked for information on a vehicle parked in a certain spot. I honestly don't recalled ISP saying it was the killer's car. We did all infer that though.

I honestly don’t know... maybe a witness. But it has to be important, or why bring it up in a press conference?

Probably a dumbish question to ask at this point (since the CPS building is now gone), but... Does any WS-er know: Did LE find useful evidence** there before the building was demolished/burnt down, whether inside or in the general parking area? (I believe that someone here said that they had seen the building "boarded up", so I am guessing that it had been closed up tightly to keep people/critters out.)

**Other than a possible sighting of a vehicle parked there sometime between 12 noon and 5 p.m. on February 13, 2017.

I had not heard the building referenced in this case at all until the April presser, and then only the parking lot.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
Well I guess they could "call for a Pizza"

Actually there have been several crimes solved, as well as prevented, all by doing that very thing! (Trying to think of a way to offer "helpful advice" to those in the Delphi community/nearby areas who may have that "one tip"...)

Ding, ding, ding! @sunshineray: If your words in this post could be heard in Delphi at this moment, I believe that, in at least a few households right now, "bells" would be ringing, and in a few places, those bells would be "clanging" very loudly! In addition to fear of major life changes and/or fear for the sake of a younger family member's future, I don't think it would be too much to also imagine perhaps there might be fear for some family member's/members' own lives; thus, the deafening silence.

Generally wondering... what are possible avenues/ways by which such family members/a family member might be able to reach out to LE without fearing for their lives/life? Sure, there's a tip line, but...what if, for example, a suspect's family members are feeling as if their every word/movement to/from their house is being checked, by.the.suspect? What then?

They might phone a friend, who could step forward. Maybe a lawyer.

I honestly don’t know... maybe a witness. But it has to be important, or why bring it up in a press conference?
Oh I agree it was important to ISP to get verification of that vehicle for being parked there. I'm just not sure on the lack of describing that vehicle to the general public. Lack of that knowledge or they know who's vehicle it is and need other eye witnesses to place it there also. Since it's not been mentioned again, maybe they did get the additional witness(es) to contact them?

I believe it was sometime *after* the murders, but I'm not sure of the exact date -- nor do I know if it was burnt down by CPS, or... arson, etc. Hoping someone here can fill us in. TIA.

After, long after. I've heard nothing questionable in terms of why it burnt. If it WAS arson then it didn't make the headlines. My family didn't know it burnt at all, only that it was bulldozed. It was empty for many years. If BG is 25 or younger then I don't see how he could have a connection to it-at least not one he'd remember.

If the building was destroyed because of evidence then why wait a year?

Last edited:
After, long after. I've heard nothing questionable in terms of why it burnt. If it WAS arson then it didn't make the headlines. My family didn't know it burnt at all, only that it was bulldozed. It was empty for many years. If BG is 25 or younger then I don't see how he could have a connection to it-at least not one he'd remember.

BBM

Seemed to me to be a small speck of information that we hadn't discussed inside, outside, and upside down.

Do we still have a Poll Thread? How about:

Goat/Puppy/Clothesline, which do you see under the jacket???

:eek:

Would anybody ever have called this place a shack?

Last edited:
One thing is for sure, LE knows the full version. The OG Derrick spoke to may’ve been known to him and instead BP used an anonymous descriptions to protect his identity. Following the reply regarding “the couple” wouldn’t it be likely DG might’ve asked a question or two such as who, where or when? If so, BP needn’t include any further details because the purpose of her abbreviated version was to explain why Derrick didn’t check out the bridge himself.

BBM - DG did go and check down by the creek so I’m thinking DG was actually following up based on what OG told him.

Oh I agree it was important to ISP to get verification of that vehicle for being parked there. I'm just not sure on the lack of describing that vehicle to the general public. Lack of that knowledge or they know who's vehicle it is and need other eye witnesses to place it there also. Since it's not been mentioned again, maybe they did get the additional witness(es) to contact them?
Quoted bbm

This is what makes the most sense to me.

They are trying to jog someones memory.

Types of vehicles that are memorable:

-motorcycles (it was a sunny weekend)
-transport trucks (maybe parked next to the hwy but likely not in the parking lot)
-car, SUV or van with a Logo (use your imagination for what could be a memorable identification)
-Tow Truck
-vehicles with an unusual colour (bright yellow, orange or lime green)
-limo, bentley, hummer, cadillac

...just my attempt at thinking 'outside of the box'

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads