Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Colored font added by me for emphasis)

Ding, ding, ding! @sunshineray: If your words in this post could be heard in Delphi at this moment, I believe that, in at least a few households right now, "bells" would be ringing, and in a few places, those bells would be "clanging" very loudly! In addition to fear of major life changes and/or fear for the sake of a younger family member's future, I don't think it would be too much to also imagine perhaps there might be fear for some family member's/members' own lives; thus, the deafening silence.

Generally wondering... what are possible avenues/ways by which such family members/a family member might be able to reach out to LE without fearing for their lives/life? Sure, there's a tip line, but...what if, for example, a suspect's family members are feeling as if their every word/movement to/from their house is being checked, by.the.suspect? What then?

Make a doctor’s/dentist’s appointment based on problem that has “suddenly” gotten worse or claim dog is sick and must get to veterinarian.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.... sure hoped that the 2 weeks after the PC would have yielded an arrest. I'm optimistic, but it's still depressing to be hashing and rehashing 27 months later. Holding on to hope, that the parent, family, or friend gives up this creep soon...

BBM - DG did go and check down by the creek so I’m thinking DG was actually following up based on what OG told him.

Yes that would seem likely, that he sought out everyone he could find to ask if they’ve seen the girls. As Libby hasn’t answered her cellphone I imagine he was looking anywhere and everywhere.

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

In this interview the only thing that stands out as being of any import, to me at least, is what DC says around the 2 min. mark:

"Overtime we're going to have an idea that we were on to something early on, remember this isn't a 43 min. T.V. show."

I would surely like to know what it is/was that they "were on to" early on. Obviously they got derailed early in the investigation. Why did they abandon what they were "onto" early on? Why did they abandon the very first sketch that was made? Who was involved in that decision? Who gave an alibi that steered them away from a suspect?

They have lost precious time and I can only hope that new tips have come in since the April 22nd PC to corroborate what they sensed was important early on and can now follow through on that information and find who did this, because if they don't I suspect he will do it again. JMO

Oh I agree it was important to ISP to get verification of that vehicle for being parked there. I'm just not sure on the lack of describing that vehicle to the general public. Lack of that knowledge or they know who's vehicle it is and need other eye witnesses to place it there also. Since it's not been mentioned again, maybe they did get the additional witness(es) to contact them?
Or the purpose was to rattle BG by mentioning their knowledge of said vehicle.

I believe the answer to this lies in stripping the case down to basics. For a time, I thought it could be a serial killer, but long ago, I came to feel certain this is someone somehow close to the community. LE being "on to something" early on almost certainly has to be true. Most crimes, and criminals do not operate in the abstract. We have a time, a place, victims, and really only a handful of players when you consider this person has at least a connection to Delphi.

I still have a small handful of ideas, but I firmly believe that going back to all of the initial knowns will solve this. Doesn't mean that current knowns are enough for a slam dunk conviction, and I think therein lies the delay.

BBM

Seemed to me to be a small speck of information that we hadn't discussed inside, outside, and upside down.

Do we still have a Poll Thread? How about:

Goat/Puppy/Clothesline, which do you see under the jacket???

:eek:
Under the jacket, a black balaclava with a white skull imprint. it's there to pull over his face if needed

Just reading this again slowly and took another look. Derrick says did you see a couple of girls there? and the man says no but there's a couple down underneath. Did the "no" mean to say there no girls were on the bridge but a couple (of them) were underneath. In other words, did he mean "a couple" as a man and woman, two men, two women or the two girls? Was the "couple" ever verified?
Outstanding question! I have wondered this myself for so long, and like many seemingly insignificant, but super important distinctions, it has just been glossed over in the greater discussion here.

I believe the answer to this lies in stripping the case down to basics. For a time, I thought it could be a serial killer, but long ago, I came to feel certain this is someone somehow close to the community. LE being "on to something" early on almost certainly has to be true. Most crimes, and criminals do not operate in the abstract. We have a time, a place, victims, and really only a handful of players when you consider this person has at least a connection to Delphi.

I still have a small handful of ideas, but I firmly believe that going back to all of the initial knowns will solve this. Doesn't mean that current knowns are enough for a slam dunk conviction, and I think therein lies the delay.

You know, statistically, serial killers are close to the community. They have some “comfort zone”, at least. Men, in contrast to women, usually don’t know their victim, but even male serial killers, as a rule, don’t travel far, unless their job requires traveling.

The article is interesting in that the phrase “hiding out in plain sight” is used in it, and it is 2014. So DC’s phrase might be from a well-known lingo.

5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt]

Last edited:
Anyone interested in watching the PC once again now that the dust has settled, it begins at about 4:20 into this video. The request regarding the car “if you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command center” is near the beginning @5:45, immediately after he expresses appreciation to the Delphi folks and well before the new sketch is ever mentioned.

Well, it wouldn't make sense if the answer to the question, "Did you see a couple of girls?" was "No, but I saw a couple of girls." It also wouldn't make sense if the man said he did not see a couple of girls "there" but he did see a couple of girls "down underneath" -- and then Derrick had no interest in finding out if the girls "down underneath" were the girls he was looking for. Without knowing verbatim what the man said, there's no way to know what Derrick left out in the retelling. In the two years since then, has Derrick ever indicated he was confused about what the man was telling him?
DG did take the path down to the creek to check things out. Maybe you can see underneath the bridge from there. I’m not from there so not sure.

I'm thinking it's significant to have now released the "guys" portion of audio. Why decide to release just that one extra word of BG's voice if not significant? I believe it's part of "trying to ring a bell" for someone. Some one who knows someone who over uses this word in their normal speech.

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

In this interview the only thing that stands out as being of any import, to me at least, is what DC says around the 2 min. mark:

"Overtime we're going to have an idea that we were on to something early on, remember this isn't a 43 min. T.V. show."

I would surely like to know what it is/was that they "were on to" early on. Obviously they got derailed early in the investigation. Why did they abandon what they were "onto" early on? Why did they abandon the very first sketch that was made? Who was involved in that decision? Who gave an alibi that steered them away from a suspect?

They have lost precious time and I can only hope that new tips have come in since the April 22nd PC to corroborate what they sensed was important early on and can now follow through on that information and find who did this, because if they don't I suspect he will do it again. JMO
His comment makes me think someone in some form of LE. Not sure exactly what part of LE. Maybe just some small cursory role but someone that could have influenced or pushed the direction of the investigation early on? MOO

Whenever a case breaks, I always go back to the earliest discussions to see how "right" people were with their speculations. Oftentimes the longer a case goes on without being solved, the crazier the theories get. In the beginning, though, when we're still at kind of a blank slate-before we get a ton of details that may or may not be relevant-there may not be as many dots but they're often easier to connect. At the very beginning of Mollie Tibbets case, for instance, many of us were saying that she was probably followed or stalked and that she'd most likely been assaulted and killed. Many suspected it was by someone she didn't know. There was also talk of a certain vehicle in those early discussions on various platforms. That talk was shut down pretty quickly, but it would up being true.

So what did LE miss early on in this one? I have to think that they had an idea in the beginning and, for whatever reason, the theory didn't pan out. Someone lied about an alibi, intentionally caused chaos to mislead LE, or even unintentionally provided information that wasn't relevant and sent LE on a different trail. I'd love to see what their early theories were and why they didn't come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member