UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked with drug court, we had plenty of folk
in major trouble from laced weed.
But, everyone is different. I’m guessing if he was out visiting at 2am he was cranked up on something,
Especially considering his following 22hrs. (Until booking at 12:36am)
I think it would have shown up on a drug test after that amount of time, if he had used anything else. Imo

Police said Whipple had a criminal history and a drug problem, according to Fox 13.
Utah police hunt for missing 5-year-old girl; uncle named 'main suspect'
ETA link
Utah police hunt for missing 5-year-old girl; uncle named 'main suspect'

Police said Whipple had a criminal history and a drug problem, according to Fox 13.
I used to live in this area. One thing to keep in mind is that it is predominantly LDS. Illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco and even caffeine is seriously frowned upon. Therefore, police here might label recreational marijuana use as a drug problem while other jurisdictions might not think its worth mentioning. Just MOO.

The arrest docket from the jail indicated to me, that he was arrested for the warrant, and now has an open charge(s) with no bail. The open charge of the felon in possession of a dangerous weapon indicates that he had the weapon on him when he was stopped. There is no way to speculate as to what the weapon was, if I'm not mistaken Utah penal code does not differentiate between gun and knife in terms of dangerous weapon. It could also be a number of other weapons capable of inflicting great bodily harm.

I used to live in this area. One thing to keep in mind is that it is predominantly LDS. Illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco and even caffeine is seriously frowned upon. Therefore, police here might label recreational marijuana use as a drug problem while other jurisdictions might not think its worth mentioning. Just MOO.

Meth use in Cache /speeds/ up

Sounds to me like CC experiences the same drug issues most of the nation deals with.

“We were able to obtain some new information this morning, some evidenciary items that we’ve located, so we believe that we’ll locate her,” said Captain Tyson Budge of the Logan City Police Department.

Police said Elizabeth disappeared from her home sometime in the early hours of Saturday morning. Budge said Elizabeth’s mother last checked on her around 2:00 a.m.

Just before 4:00 p.m., police announced they had found Whipple walking along a dirt road near Paradise.

Budge said Whipple refused to identify himself to the officer who found him. Police brought Whipple back to the department to be interviewed, but Budge said he would not cooperate.

“We’re still very confident that Alex is our prime suspect and was involved in her abduction at this time, the reason why she is missing,” Budge said.

Budge said police have found some evidence. He did not elaborate on what they found, but said it shows Whipple was involved.

“There are several locations where we believe we’ve found evidentiary items that’ll help link Mr. Whipple to this case,”

You don’t kill someone after smoking a joint, unless you are driving and make a horrible mistake. I am a two toke wonder, cannot handle a third toke. Pot today is not the pot I grew up with. I am now a light weight! Had to have taken hardcore drugs.

Hoewever, people who are harbouring a very dark side, or have very violent impulses, can react very negatively to smoking strong pot. It unleashes who you are. If you are a pedophile, smoking a strong blunt may give you the emotional release necessary to go for it, no fear, etc.

I notice there are a number of railroad tracks in the area.

Without his skateboard, he would have to be on foot to travel. He might have walked on the tracks to avoid being easily observed on regular streets. And the railroad tracks go right past the Pepsi Bottling plant in Logan and maybe 2 blocks from the house.

(see the tracks just behind Milleu Designs, 2 blocks to the west of the house

Google Maps

He could walk the tracks all the way into central Hyrum without being on surface streets and then just keep going south avoiding the major road, towards Paradise

Nobody knows how marijuana will affect someone else. For you and I we may become content with how things are and hungry. Maybe laugh more than usual. For someone else it can trigger a psychotic break. We simply can’t make any blanket statements about how a drug would or could affect someone at any given time. Drugs do not do the same things to 100% of people 100% of the time. Brain chemistry is unique to each individual. Keep in mind I am in no way antiMJ (quite the opposite actually). We just can’t be ignorant about this subject. We don’t know what his deal was. It could have very well been just weed or weed in combination with other substances.

Meth use in Cache /speeds/ up

Sounds to me like CC experiences the same drug issues most of the nation deals with.

It is everywhere in rural America. Utah is no exception. We have an opioid problem as well. Before recent crackdowns, prescription drugs were a big problem, even among LDS members. If a doctor prescribed it, it must be ok, right? I live in Salt Lake. Raised my kids in Tooele. I have seen it all. Drug dealers love Utah.

Drugs or not, this kid did the unthinkable. We aren't able to see his juvenile record, but the mugshot record someone posted upstream showed he has been arrested eight-ten times since he turned eighteen. In my mind that likely means people knew he was on slow burn, but obviously didn't expect something like this. On his facebook page he alludes to dark thoughts. Who knows what all that entails, but he's smart enough not to verbalize thoughts about little girls.

I think LE should consider bringing in a family member he trusts to talk to him.

Actually, Northern Utah has a huge meth problem. Lots of drugs on I-15 corridor, and intersection of I-80 in Salt Lake City, plus Ogden has a lot more problems, primarily because of the military base there, not military members, but people who are around military bases.

@lucylulu, consider becoming a Verified Insider for this case, please:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

This would allow you to post 'insider' information and not worry about linking to LE reports or media.

Often, unsupported posts are deleted here at WebSleuths.

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you, but I do not know the parties concerning this case only my Nephew does. However, I am trying to get him to join and become an insider. He has plenty to say though.... Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow