UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they have video evidence of them together leaving the home. But then very quickly, he is seen alone in other videos?
I agree with this and if the evidence is home camera surveillance perhaps they can tell that she is already dead. They would then assume that no one would carry a dead child around for long and would look for somewhere close by to leave her.

"Searchers did find clues of “evidentiary value” near the girl’s home that police say indicate she’s likely nearby."

I can think of many things that could be associated with the little girl. But I can't come up with anything that I can imagine would specifically indicate, "she's likely nearby." Any ideas, guys? Or, do you think it's just clues of "evidentiary value" and thus, they're assuming she's "likely nearby?"

Where's that quote from?

I think its likely that it was an item of clothing dropped while walking through yards or something? However I’m so surprised she hasn’t been found yet...
I’m thinking the clothes he had on him had blood and or semen on them as they’ve been “forensically tested”

“police now say forensically tested evidence confirms 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley's uncle is somehow connected to her disappearance..
Evidence indicates Alex Whipple and Shelley were together inside the home and outside the home during the hours in question on Saturday.”
Police: Evidence links 5-year-old Logan girl's uncle to her disappearance

There's really not much there except for they have evidence pertaining to Alex, which is disturbing and troubling.
Overall I'm not sure exactly why they held this. The news people, police officer, and victim's advocate were all giggling and making jokes, not professional at all IMO.

re: why they held it: to give an update on what is a newsworthy community event, ask the public to specifically look for and be aware of certain things, and to read the family's statement, which included a plea for privacy. Each of those by itself is a sufficient enough reason, but here they had all three.

re: the "giggling: Really? There was a little bit of lightness about switching the mikes as they were switching the mikes from the one to the other. Not sure what the problem is there. They're human beings, not robots.

The press conference I believe

No, it was not from the press conference nor any other official statement from police that I've seen. Another poster responded with a link to an article from where the quote came. Other than "evidentiary value", which is in quotes and thus presumably a direct quote, those are the words of the reporter.

He wouldn’t have needed to ride the train. Toss that body on a moving train and walk away. Or hide it well (maybe in a shipping container) on a train that is stopped or barely moving and hop off. He was capable of walking to Hyrum.

From the article, the train does not now go from Logan to Hyrum.

It makes two round trips weekly north to Preston, Idaho, and two round trips weekly to Cache Junction, Utah. I looked up the Union Pacific employee Salt Lake City Timetable, page 35 but I can't make hide nor hair of it.

Tiffany Justice video reporting on search.
Did she make a mistake that the parents woke up at 2am and noticed Elizabeth missing??????????
Because all other reports state the parents last saw her,at 2am,and noticed her missing at around 9:30 am.
There's a big difference in timing here.
I hope it gets cleared up.
MOO

2News Video link showing search of vacant field off of 1000 W. 300 S by several LE agencies, and reporters briefing with LE. It's a soggy morning in Logan.
That makes sense as it's only about 1/2 mile from the home. How far could AW have gotten on foot, carrying a 5-year-old? My guess is not very far. The estimated lead time AW had is about 7 hours, is that correct? And then about 5 more hours after Elizabeth was reported missing.

Is the time the family actually went to bed themselves posted anywhere? All I've seen is that Elizabeth was last seen at 2 am. Thanks!
Google Maps
‘We believe she’s been harmed’: Police search for missing 5-year-old girl in Logan
http://web.loganutah.org/Police/media.cfm
ETA: Ah, I see he was spotted alone at a gas station around 1:30 pm.
Employee: Suspect in missing child case came into Hyrum gas station
Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads