CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the plethora of delays helped or hindered the prosecution? It felt to me like just when they would gain some momentum and get in their groove there would be another freaking delay. Did they welcome the time to regroup and review their case or did it force them to go back to square one and start all over? I can definitely see the delays as a double-edged sword.

Last edited:
It's been so longgggggg! I remember that bittersweet feeling too @Funky funky :( I had always hoped that they just up and left and were living on a beach somewhere.

I went into this trial thinking they had the right guy, I have watched (or listened to) every little bit of testimony, sometimes more than once, sometimes what feels like a million times haha And I am just not as convinced as I was on January 7th. I still think it's possible that Chase did it, but I just don't think it would be for the reasons the State says, the time, and the where. I don't think I would be able to convict someone on 'possible' though. I can't wait for a verdict in this case. I usually move on after a trial, but in this case, I think it will be interesting to watch what happens afterwards, regardless of the verdict. And I'm not even guessing at a verdict because I don't think anything will surprise me lol

So who else would of done this?

You also have to explain away Chase back dating Cheques to when the family were last alive. That’s the bottom line on his guilt for me. He knew the family were dead and the reason he knew was he killed them.

MOO IMO MOO IMO

You also have to explain away Chase back dating Cheques to when the family were last alive. That’s the bottom line on his guilt for me. He knew the family were dead and the reason he knew was he killed them.

MOO IMO MOO IMO

I totally, agree with you, asyousay.

I recall in the beginning you were on the fence at first.

I can see why you are as convinced now as I am.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever who did these unspeakable murders. No doubt. Zero.

The evidence is so clear the monster who did it all is no one else other than CM!!

Imo all of the evidence shows this to be true. No one else on earth had the means, MOTIVE, and opportunity.

Jmhoo

Last edited:

MOO IMO MOO IMO

BIB

I am yet to hear the defence or anyone else mount an exculpatory explanation for the backdating

What person with half a brain would possibly think it is a good idea to call QB pretending to be Joey WHILE simultaneously being worried about the safety and well being of Joey? Makes ZERO sense. IMO

I'm almost surprised the defense didn't postulate a "Maybe CM thought Joey went dark to test CM, see if he had a grip on this 'alternative accounting system' and could run the business in his absence".

That's how silly their alternative accounting system sounds to any rational person, esp. any who have actually done any accounting or kept books. Preposterous.

I totally, agree with you, asyousay.

I recall in the beginning you were on the fence at first.

I can see why you are as convinced now as I am.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever who did these unspeakable murders. No doubt. Zero.

The evidence is so clear the monster who did it all is no one else other than CM!!

Imo all of the evidence shows this to be true. No one else on earth had the means, MOTIVE, and opportunity.

Jmhoo

Yes I had a few suspects that made more sense to me than Chase considering how close he was to Joey it didn’t make sense but they have shown no convincing evidence to suggest why Chase would of back dated checks to the last known time the family was alive.

I am still not convinced the house was the murder scene though.

MOO IMO MOO IMO

After 5 months of posting here about the trial, I really don't have the time or the energy to post all of my thoughts and then have to defend them LOL

I figured from the beginning the QB's activity would be the hardest to explain, especially without Chase testifying, so I can understand your stance and many others. I have my own thoughts and theories based on everything I heard in the trial, but I think we are beyond 'discussing' the case and it's more about what every one thinks the verdict should be, and just a waiting game to see how it ends. I don't want or need to change anyone's mind... it's not my job :D I can respect your opinion and still have a different one :) I am interested to hear the closing arguments to see how both sides lay it out, who knows, maybe the prosecution can pull me back into their corner... I'm also interested to hear the jury instructions, which we better get to hear!! LOL

After 5 months of posting here about the trial, I really don't have the time or the energy to post all of my thoughts and then have to defend them LOL

I figured from the beginning the QB's activity would be the hardest to explain, especially without Chase testifying, so I can understand your stance and many others. I have my own thoughts and theories based on everything I heard in the trial, but I think we are beyond 'discussing' the case and it's more about what every one thinks the verdict should be, and just a waiting game to see how it ends. I don't want or need to change anyone's mind... it's not my job :D I can respect your opinion and still have a different one :) I am interested to hear the closing arguments to see how both sides lay it out, who knows, maybe the prosecution can pull me back into their corner... I'm also interested to hear the jury instructions, which we better get to hear!! LOL

One thing I’ve wondered—and I’m not asking you to debate or explain in any way. Do you still think that the defense team really believes that DK is the killer?

No problem , I wasn’t trying to start anything :D

If what judge said last week is the plan, he'll give jury instructions first and then the closings. I like listening to them too. :) I hope L&C are on their toes and have tested their equipment before the judge takes the bench, I don't want to miss a minute of anything.

I am still not convinced the house was the murder scene though.
I realize I am WAY late in the game...or trial, but I agree with this so much. Under the best of circumstance (if you are a murderer) there is SOME minimal forensic or biological evidence of a murder. He used a sledgehammer on FOUR people and there was none. I find that unfathomable. Criminalists can go back years later after New flooring, multiple coats of paint, countless cleanings, and still recover evidence. I haven't seen any definitive evidence that they were killed in their home, and no sign of a struggle. I can't imagine killing 4 people and no one struggles, screams, tries to break free etc. I just don't see the home being a murder scene.
ETA I have followed and read the exhaustive threads since the beginning. Fascinating discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23