UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really not much there except for they have evidence pertaining to Alex, which is disturbing and troubling.
Overall I'm not sure exactly why they held this. The news people, police officer, and victim's advocate were all giggling and making jokes, not professional at all IMO.
This PC is to giggly for me IMO.

Huh?

Watched the presser twice and there was one light moment when Sheriff had at least 5 crew surrounding him to remove several microphone packs and transfer them to Sandy Parker-- when both probably didn't know they were live on camera.

IMO, Sheriff especially looks absolutely exhausted, and I wouldn't classify him as being in a giggly mood at all.

MOO

Last edited:
I think they believe E to be nearby is because she was killed in the house. Handling a dead body is not an easy task, even if small. Therefore, I think LE know he could not have carried her, adter rigor mortis started. Jmo

Last edited:
I think they believe E to be nearby is because she was killed in the house. Handling a dead body is not an easy task, even if small. Therefore, I think LE know he could not have carried her, adter rigormortis started. Jmo

I don't have the exact address of the house. But many homes in the area are fairly small, with 2 bedrooms upstairs and usually a bedroom downstairs, it doesn't sound like they lived in an apartment. So, he could have taken the child from her bed, gone downstairs...and then left, and disposed of the body.

I am thinking, that is why the police have enough evidence to charge him.

The PR states they obtained warrants for evidence on his person and found evidence of her on him. I wonder if swabs were taken of "areas". Im disgusted even saying that but the wording kind of impliesnit

Personally, I think that if a warrant was obtained to allow a forensic exam of this suspect, specimens would be obtained from all of the area's of his body that could be associated with a sexual assault. If this is the case, a big kudos to LE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they believe E to be nearby is because she was killed in the house. Handling a dead body is not an easy task, even if small. Therefore, I think LE know he could not have carried her, adter rigor mortis started. Jmo
Rigor likely wouldn’t have factored in, as it takes several hours before the entire body is stiff.

Besides that, rigor or not, he’s not carrying around a 40 pound body for a lengthy period of time.

Common sense says she’s close, unless he obtained a vehicle, which doesn’t appear to be the case.

From the article, the train does not now go from Logan to Hyrum.

It makes two round trips weekly north to Preston, Idaho, and two round trips weekly to Cache Junction, Utah. I looked up the Union Pacific employee Salt Lake City Timetable, page 35 but I can't make hide nor hair of it.

All the more reason to believe he didn’t ride the train then. I think if the train factors in at all, he dumped her body in a train car, he didn’t get on the train himself. Anyway, there are multiple train companies using the lines there. I know BNSF has rail rights to the Union Pacific lines.

Rigor likely wouldn’t have factored in, as it takes several hours before the entire body is stiff.

Besides that, rigor or not, he’s not carrying around a 40 pound body for a lengthy period of time.

Common sense says she’s close, unless he obtained a vehicle, which doesn’t appear to be the case.

Idk how long he might have waited to leave the house, if he did kill her in the home.
Even if immediate, I think he had his hands full, as well as a few unexpected surprises in dealing with a corpse. Partial rigor would hinder movement, imo, especially sneaking around in the dark.
Moo

I wonder if ES’s mom has a car. If someone took my car and returned it to my house and put the keys back, I’d be none the wiser. I would literally never know. I wonder if she can be 100% sure that nobody used her car.

That makes sense as it's only about 1/2 mile from the home. How far could AW have gotten on foot, carrying a 5-year-old? My guess is not very far. The estimated lead time AW had is about 7 hours, is that correct?
Is the time the family actually went to bed themselves posted anywhere? All I've seen is that Elizabeth was last seen at 2 am. Thanks!
Google Maps
‘We believe she’s been harmed’: Police search for missing 5-year-old girl in Logan
http://web.loganutah.org/Police/media.cfm
ETA: Ah, I see he was spotted alone at a gas station around 1:30 pm.
Employee: Suspect in missing child case came into Hyrum gas station
Google Maps

It has been said that mom checked on her girl, at 2 am, when mom went to bed. No mention that I have seen about anyone else's bedtime that night.

Last edited:
Idk how long he might have waited to leave the house, if he did kill her in the home.
Even if immediate, I think he had his hands full, as well as a few unexpected surprises in dealing with a corpse. Partial rigor would hinder movement, imo, especially sneaking around in the dark.
Moo

Probably not, throw her in a trash bag, leave the house, hide the bag under a bunch of brush. This is a fairly rural area with lots of fields, brush area. Or throw it in a ditch, it has been raining, so it could be partially buried in mud. The ground is very soft right now.

I wonder if ES’s mom has a car. If someone took my car and returned it to my house and put the keys back, I’d be none the wiser. I would literally never know. I wonder if she can be 100% sure that nobody used her car.

Because her little brother has a known drug and burglary history, Mom may have brought her purse and car keys into her bedroom with her. I would have.

I am sure she wishes she had brought her girl into her room that night too. This must be so devastating for her and the family. :(

In my experience from living in Utah, it might not stick out as much as you’d think, except for him being on a skateboard which he left at his sister’s house. His clothing might help him pass as being on his LDS mission, especially with his age. He would have been missing the name tag and they are usually clean shaven, but driving by him might not have caused a closer look, thanks to the suit. Moo.

Skateboard, hoodie and being alone would be the only odd parts.
Young men walking in a suit and tie, normal.
However, I'd assume it was a non missionary if they were alone and STILL not find it odd. Now that I think about it, this would be the perfect disguise for a criminal in Utah.

Did police not conduct thorough searches first & second times, needing to retrace, or what?

Heard of Destiny Norton?
Utah learned from her. You always searched the neighborhood houses more than once. :(

Perplexing to say the least. Maybe over night the video/cam footage LE received yielded info. Obviously footage showing him with the girl & another image a street or two away w/o her would be most helpful.
Let today be the day she’s found.

$500 cash, but when he goes to court, I think bail might be denied, since he is a violator. As soon as Lizzie is found, his charges will be amped up.

I can't find a link but I know that doesn't mean he can bond out with $500. It may be court administrative fee. I will look later when I have more time but there is zero chance he only needs $500 to bond out. I'm sure of that.

We don't know how much his family knew about his drug use, or the extent of it. Some people view alcohol and marijuana as being pretty mild.
If it was really that bad I would think he would have been ordered into rehab as part of his probation.
Maybe that's how his sister looked at it, and she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.
There are about 20 million Americans with substance abuse problems, I think it's not that easy to just keep them away from your kids, especially if they are your husband, wife, or immediate family member.
They may not have seen him in a while, he may have lied to them and told them he was doing great, not using, or any number of things.
Or his sister simply wanted to help him and trusted him. She certainly isn't responsible for his actions. Imo

Definitely not.

If my son lawyered up and wouldn’t talk to me we would have major issues.
Jmo and all that jazz.

Pretty sure since it's her son and her granddaughter, major issues is an understatement here.

I hope everyone in the area is checking their trash cans, and dumpsters. There aren't a lot of ways one can carry the body of a child without being noticed. A yard bag is one that comes to mind.

You'd still be spotted at 3am carrying a large bag, that would still be strange.

Last edited:
If he did use the car, I don’t see him returning it.

This was either a man on the run, or a guy who didn’t know what his next step was.

If he took the car, I think he would have just kept driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member