GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Upstream there is a post about an accident he had in Jan 2017.
On his facebook page he is drawing a face in an inch snow on the hood of a reddish car - possibly his.

MOO I am assuming as reported that they came together to after work, assuming the company runs regular shifts they would have gotten off at 7am. Its a 7 minute drive from Arconic to TJs Apartment.
Arconic is where TJs instagram says he worked.

GF called police at 8:05am and reported TJ was in her and RMs apartment and RM missing, RMs apartment is a 5 minute drive from TJs apartment.

Police were out looking for RM and at TJs complex by 8:30am.
A witness saw RM at TRJ's apartment that morning. And thank heavens they did, because that sighting is probably the reason police were able to get a warrant. I believe the witness also said there was no sounds of a fight, but I will have to look back the articles more.

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

Just want to say that is not TJ in the pic with the car with snow on it. I discovered when looking at his Instagram that a lot of the people are tagged with their Instagram names to help identify them. In Oct 2016 there are a couple of interesting photos. One is with a lot of classmates on a trip to DC and everyone is "tagged" in this way. Also in Oct 2016 there is a pic of his Dad (according to his narrative) that shows his Dad coming to his house on a tricycle to help TJ start his Dad's truck. I took that to mean he was borrowing/using his Dad's truck at that time.

Hiya ROSES! From FBI agent Massa...things people should be looking for:
"Even behavioral changes occurring shortly after February 13, 2017:

• Someone who developed a different sleep pattern
  • Started abusing drugs or alcohol
  • Has become anxious or irritable
  • Someone who has followed this case to an extreme
  • A person who has ongoing conversations about where they were February 13th
  • Someone who has visited the location where the girls were murdered
  • Someone who has taken photographs around the trail and bridge
Police say don’t ever feel bad about reporting odd behavior."
Snapchat murders missing girls from Delphi

I'm going to take a wild guess and say a few of the items mentioned above could apply to anyone in a psychological crisis. And a few could also apply to another ongoing case. Color me confused!!
Great post.
I wonder how behavioral changes in TJ line up to the timing of the A&L case.
I'm now interested in knowing if he participated in any searches, and if his associates noticed any notable shifts in his behavior around that time. Given that the whole town was in shock, maybe not.

As far as Ryan and his surviving daughter, I hope his family will avail themselves to the resources of the state and court system. For any surviving family member who is a victim of wrongful death, here is good place to start:
https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/Public Folders/Civil Justice - FINAL (non-book).pdf?sfvrsn=0

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sorry about the car and snow picture not being TJ in the TJ instagram page. I see that now.

Did you play the video post at the mid-bottom of the page? Apparently TJ is videoing a friend, and asks him to repeat something.

MOO felony booked at 1am Thursday - Longest possible time for DNA -- 3 days

Also a mistake -
Booking was 1am Friday morning.

Last edited:
The odds of two murderers from Delphi in such a short time is very scary. It is also scary to look at his FB friends and see some who have been accused on unfounded grounds of being involved in the double homicides of (I find something uncanny about it all). On the other hand I could see how experiencing the ripple effect of a double murder in ones small town might significantly impact any teen, let alone one who was already trying to escape reality and later did so through drug use.

Have we been wrong this whole time? I feel so uncomfortable and disturbed.

None of this seems to fit. And so it may

ETA: also friends with family of one of the girls. If this is against TOS I apologize and please remove

I want him to be ruled out just so I don’t entertain this. Because it seems absolutely absurdist of me.

The idea of there being 2 murderers in a small town is scary, but IMO not unusual. I'm not going to imply that he is on any medication (prescribed or otherwise), but drugs have taken over the whole eastern part of my state and we're seeing a rise in certain kinds of crimes. We have at least one murder in my small town (smaller than Delphi) a year. Most of the murders are either peer or family related, not strangers. People either high on something and become paranoid and/or agitated or they're jonesing and looking for money. There was even a teenage boy who recently killed his grandmother because he was going through withdrawal and convinced that she had pills and was holding out on him. My MOO is that some of these people are not taking the drugs for the fun of it, but because they start out by self medicating. There are so many underlying conditions that can lead to drug abuse; some go misdiagnosed while others are not treated properly.

I don't want to give a name because my family would kill ME if they got doxxed, but we actually had someone in our family get murdered in Delphi several years ago. A kind of "in the moment" thing and that can be chalked up to a combination of jealousy, anger, and paranoia brought on by some uppers.

I have no opinion on whether this person is connected to any other high-profile cases, but my gut says he isn't-that this was just a sad, senseless crime that's left behind a lot of victims.

Wow this kid is a whole bunch of interesting. Never going to Delphi or Lafayette. Too many dead people.

It's sad that Delphi is getting attention on the world's stage and it's because of crime. We're seeing the same thing here in the Savannah Spurlock case. People saying that they're afraid to drive through the state now, that they're never coming here, etc. We grow defensive because it's our home and we love where we live. Like my town's, Delphi's crime rate is lower than the national average (when taking population into consideration). There are interesting things around the area, the park is beautiful, the people are warm and friendly, the schools are good, you're not far from several big cities, and in general it's really just your average small, mid-western town. People are proud of their town and even after the double murder I still hear people defending it and saying that it's a good place to raise kids.

What happens in a lot of these crimes is that once you start investing your time into a case then that town or area falls onto your radar. You start hearing about more crimes because your ears are standing at attention as you await further information about the case. Suddenly it sounds like there's nothing BUT crime there when, in actuality, things aren't any worse than they ever were. It's not Delphi's fault that these things are happening-times have changed and we'd be hard pressed to find many towns in which there aren't any crimes, including murder.

For every one "bad" story there are usually five "good" ones. But those everyday niceties and little slices of life tend not to make the national news.

Sorry about the car and snow picture not being TJ in the TJ instagram page. I see that now.

Did you play the video post at the mid-bottom of the page? Apparently TJ is videoing a friend, and asks him to repeat something.

Also a mistake -
Booking was 1am Friday morning.
Yes I did but couldn't make it out. I listened many times. The one where the guy throws the plastic bottle at him?

ETA. That could still be his car that has the snow face on it though.

Last edited:
The idea of there being 2 murderers in a small town is scary, but IMO not unusual. I'm not going to imply that he is on any medication (prescribed or otherwise), but drugs have taken over the whole eastern part of my state and we're seeing a rise in certain kinds of crimes. We have at least one murder in my small town (smaller than Delphi) a year. Most of the murders are either peer or family related, not strangers. People either high on something and become paranoid and/or agitated or they're jonesing and looking for money. There was even a teenage boy who recently killed his grandmother because he was going through withdrawal and convinced that she had pills and was holding out on him. My MOO is that some of these people are not taking the drugs for the fun of it, but because they start out by self medicating. There are so many underlying conditions that can lead to drug abuse; some go misdiagnosed while others are not treated properly.

I don't want to give a name because my family would kill ME if they got doxxed, but we actually had someone in our family get murdered in Delphi several years ago. A kind of "in the moment" thing and that can be chalked up to a combination of jealousy, anger, and paranoia brought on by some uppers.

I have no opinion on whether this person is connected to any other high-profile cases, but my gut says he isn't-that this was just a sad, senseless crime that's left behind a lot of victims.

I thought the last murder actually in Delphi was 20 odd years ago based on their statistics and the perp hung himself IIRC. Then a guy who confessed to another murder while being interviewed about the Delphi murders so that's not really many for a period of about 22 years. I can understand LE being overwhelmed by recent developments. MOO.

Thank you for posting the obituary MistyWaters.
What a handsome fellow.
It is notable that both Ryan and the Perp not only worked for the same place, but had the same job of Press Operator. In my amateur opinion and speculation, this was not coincidental, depending on timing. Did the Perp secure the job after he broke up with the GF and was essentially stalking the Victim? I know it's a small area, and this is a big employer, but it's too coincidental.

Amateur opinion and speculation

He speaks briefly in several of the instagrams. He has a deep voice for a skinny kid. I just don't see from his Instagram anything but a normal kid. Nothing scary yet here he is in this current situation. His looks, his voice, his location all have me on edge. I am conflicted and will have to wait to see what else may develop here.

I thought the last murder actually in Delphi was 20 odd years ago based on their statistics and the perp hung himself IIRC. Then a guy who confessed to another murder while being interviewed about the Delphi murders so that's not really many for a period of about 22 years. I can understand LE being overwhelmed by recent developments. MOO.

I didn't say anything about LE not being "overwhelmed". I very much agree that they are.

Not all crimes get the same amount of media coverage, nor do all get the same amount of attention that others do. And sometimes, after the ME finishes, the coding of the COD results in skewed statistics. This can throw off "murder" rates for an area. The biggest murder my town has ever seen, the murder of a 14yo who was literally beheaded, doesn't have a single MSM report about her online.

My point remains. Delphi is not any more dangerous than most any other small town. There's no reason to fear going there.

I didn't say anything about LE not being "overwhelmed". I very much agree that they are.

Not all crimes get the same amount of media coverage, nor do all get the same amount of attention that others do. And sometimes, after the ME finishes, the coding of the COD results in skewed statistics. This can throw off "murder" rates for an area. The biggest murder my town has ever seen, the murder of a 14yo who was literally beheaded, doesn't have a single MSM report about her online.

My point remains. Delphi is not any more dangerous than most any other small town. There's no reason to fear going there.

I know you didn't originally mention LE but my point was only so few murders/murderers for so long in Delphi then suddenly 3 or 4 that's all I was commenting about. We had a murder (drug induced imo) just 7 miles away committed by the son of someone we knew, but it did not make me fearful of the area, as it was personal.

We have relatives in Elkhart. I know it’s not everywhere.

MOO Elkhart seems to have twice the national average for violent crimes, while Delphi is half the national average.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Elkhart-Indiana.html

I know you didn't originally mention LE but my point was only so few murders/murderers for so long in Delphi then suddenly 3 or 4 that's all I was commenting about. We had a murder (drug induced imo) just 7 miles away committed by the son of someone we knew, but it did not make me fearful of the area, as it was personal.

Yes, it's the random ones that make people scared, the ones that happen with no rhyme or reason. I think, and I hope that the DelphI murders will prove to be of a personal nature when it's found out, will hopefully put a lot of uneasiness to rest.

DBM duplicate

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246