Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

I was curious what the lifetime registration the judge mandated at the end of the sentencing and looked up the statues he listed. They both regard sex offender registration. :(

I know it was likely to have occurred, but there was a small, naive part of me that hoped she didn't go through it.

I was curious what the lifetime registration the judge mandated at the end of the sentencing and looked up the statues he listed. They both regard sex offender registration. :(

I know it was likely to have occurred, but there was a small, naive part of me that hoped she didn't go through it.
Wow -- I missed this registration news. Do you have a link for this? Thanks!

Wow -- I missed this registration news. Do you have a link for this? Thanks!

In this video of the sentencing, beginning around 1:55:42, the judge is sentencing him for count 3 (kidnapping) and orders the "mandatory lifetime registration" and lists two statutes. I looked them up to see what they were:

Wisconsin man who kidnapped Jayme Closs gets life in prison

Patterson was also ordered to register as a sex offender, which under Wisconsin law may be required both for an actual sex offense or an attempted sexual offense. Details of Jayme’s time in captivity have not been released, and no charges were brought by prosecutors in the county where she was held.

In this video of the sentencing, beginning around 1:55:42, the judge is sentencing him for count 3 (kidnapping) and orders the "mandatory lifetime registration" and lists two statutes. I looked them up to see what they were:

Thanks again for this update, and I was also able to find news link for the Media thread.

Well, for what other purpose would he have kidnapped her?

(sigh)

I understand completely. I had hoped, against hope, that SA hadn't occurred, either. Now, unfortunately, we know better.
As Seattle1 stated, from research of the Judge’s sentencing reference to WI statutes, registration “may be required both for an actual SO or an attempted SO”. Out of respect to the victim & the goal of this site to be victim-friendly, there is no need to discuss further. Registration adds no years onto JP’s sentence, so implied impacts to prison life... Otherwise no reason to add.

As Seattle1 stated, from research of the Judge’s sentencing reference to WI statutes, registration “may be required both for an actual SO or an attempted SO”. Out of respect to the victim & the goal of this site to be victim-friendly, there is no need to discuss further. Registration adds no years onto JP’s sentence, so implied impacts to prison life... Otherwise no reason to add.
Exactly.

I would be surprised if the Judge had not seen the sealed documents from the FBI Child Forensics interviewer of JC along with other evidence. With life w/o parole what happened in Gordon is JC's story to tell if she wants to or not.

What I would of liked was a restriction that JP can not attempt to contact JC in any manner whatsoever. Creepy his previous court room comments towards JC.

After listening I read JC's impact statement and coupled with JP's previous statements I've wondered if JC played him. Would love to know that part of the story.

Was with my 13 YO Granddaughter today at the local parade and just shudder thinking about JC and what she saw and endured at that age.

I would be surprised if the Judge had not seen the sealed documents from the FBI Child Forensics interviewer of JC along with other evidence. With life w/o parole what happened in Gordon is JC's story to tell if she wants to or not.

What I would of liked was a restriction that JP can not attempt to contact JC in any manner whatsoever. Creepy his previous court room comments towards JC.

After listening I read JC's impact statement and coupled with JP's previous statements I've wondered if JC played him. Would love to know that part of the story.

Was with my 13 YO Granddaughter today at the local parade and just shudder thinking about JC and what she saw and endured at that age.

Seems I recall a no contact order with his victim when JP was first apprehended(?).

Nonetheless, I recall an inmate with a no contact order still attempted to contact his victim, and lost his phone rights.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/inmates-phone-rights-yanked-after-reportedly-calling-his-victim/

I never forget that Jayme literally saw that :mad: blow her Mom’s brains out. Right in front of her.

That’s a lot to carry through life.

Said with respect and disgust of the hell inflicted on her after that.

IMO
I pray they are using some of the newer trauma techniques with her, like emdr or somatic experiencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back