Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

I don't think so, I'm useless with genealogy stuff, but apparently MC was about 60 when she passed. (Thanks to bluebird for the research.)

The thing I really want to see is the will/probate of MF's father. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available to order online like in England. From what I can find you physically have to go to the records office in Edinburgh.
Your questions on dealing with a deceased's estate you can apply for a copy of a will there

A murder accused told police he had met missing Margaret Fleming in London 10 days before being charged in 2017.

Detectives searching for Margaret travelled to London following a police interview with Edward Cairney, from Inverkip.

But the High Court in Glasgow heard that CCTV from areas allegedly named by Mr Cairney showed no sign of her.

Accused 'met missing woman in London'

Hi all, newbie here but been following WS cases for a while.
Any ideas why the trial is progressing so slowly with hardly any media coverage?
I am so worried that Margaret has met her demise, I hope justice prevails either way. :(

Any ideas why the trial is progressing so slowly with hardly any media coverage?
I am so worried that Margaret has met her demise, I hope justice prevails either way. :(
Hi,

Not really sure why it's getting so little media coverage. It just seems really hit and miss in the UK.

I may be misremembering, bit I think the first trial seemed to get better coverage.

Although I do think trials with salacious details the more MSM reporting unfortunately.

Information does seem to be very limited. I remember one day when it was reported that proceedings ended early because of Cairney's ill-health.
Margaret Fleming's carer 'didn't want police in home'

I'm inclined to suspect that it's being kept low profile because the circumstances should lead to investigation into how it was possible for Margaret's absence to go unnoticed by healthcare/social services/DWP for so long.

It appears that there are no measures in place to ensure that carers and accommodation for a vulnerable person are suitable, nor anything to ensure that a vulnerable person is seen face-to-face in 19 years. That seems to me to be a major failure of vulnerable people that should be reported on by the national media and acted on by the government immediately, rather than waiting for the outcome of the trial. (Sorry if I've said this before, but it still worries me - how many more similar cases of neglect might there be out there?)

I believe that the fact the pair are so evasive speaks volumes - they have something to hide. I cannot comprehend how a vulnerable person could go unchecked for all that time. And if it weren’t for the new claim stating she was eating from a dog bowl, plus a persistent lady who flagged her concerns, how much longer would it have went?

Information does seem to be very limited. I remember one day when it was reported that proceedings ended early because of Cairney's ill-health.
Margaret Fleming's carer 'didn't want police in home'

I'm inclined to suspect that it's being kept low profile because the circumstances should lead to investigation into how it was possible for Margaret's absence to go unnoticed by healthcare/social services/DWP for so long.

It appears that there are no measures in place to ensure that carers and accommodation for a vulnerable person are suitable, nor anything to ensure that a vulnerable person is seen face-to-face in 19 years. That seems to me to be a major failure of vulnerable people that should be reported on by the national media and acted on by the government immediately, rather than waiting for the outcome of the trial. (Sorry if I've said this before, but it still worries me - how many more similar cases of neglect might there be out there?)

This worries me too. I doubt Margaret is the only case. Hopefully this flags up others that need looked at. The DWP have been clamping down on benefit claimants hard in recent years. Hopefully this won’t be allowed to happen again.

Poor Margaret, where are you :(

Best guess?
Spirited away in the dead of night, on a boat from the back garden, weighted down in a bag or case with a few bricks, and dropped quietly into the middle of the sea. I think she died from beatings / neglect and I doubt she'll ever be found.

I believe you are spot on, unfortunately :(
Neither EC or A.J. are willing to give up any information.
It makes me feel sick to think that there were so many warning signs before she died, like the bound wrists etc.
Margaret has been failed.

I believe you are spot on, unfortunately :(
Neither EC or A.J. are willing to give up any information.
It makes me feel sick to think that there were so many warning signs before she died, like the bound wrists etc.
Margaret has been failed.

I can see AJ turning on EC to save her own skin, last year when the case collapsed she didnt apply for bail, even though EC did and was granted bail, safest place for her to be was locked up away from him!

I can see AJ turning on EC to save her own skin, last year when the case collapsed she didnt apply for bail, even though EC did and was granted bail, safest place for her to be was locked up away from him!

I hope you are correct - the least Margaret deserves is the truth, justice and a proper burial. I think A.J. will be the one to crack and provide this information, or at least a very watered down version. She probably feels much safer in custody than with EC.

EC is a fantasist and very poor liar. A.J. seemed to have went along with it for so long hoping it wouldn’t catch up with them.
There’s a video interview of both of them on a news channel (can’t remember where!) and a journalist asks ‘what would you say to Margaret if she was here now/watching this’ or words to that effect. And A.J. stayed silent. That for me showed she was not in control and was used to EC taking the lead.

I stay about 4 miles away from where this case is, they are as guilty as sin, this is what everyone in this area thinks as well, there has been no coverage all week of this case so I’m assuming that something has happened and maybe AJ Has cracked under the pressure, fingers crossed that we may find out what happened

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back