UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That often happens in cases like this.

LE knows all evidence out there has a chance of being contaminated by outside searchers.

Imo they are protecting the integrity of all of the evidence, and investigation knowing all of it must hold up in a court of law one day.

Imo

YES

Folks - this is the easy part of dealing with this crime. Of course it isn't nice or simple. Everyone wants to defuse their anger and frustration and horror by assisting in some way.

But as we see over and over on WS, investigation of the crime is just the beginning. The terrible hard work comes in months and years from now when the case is built, evidence is fully processed, the court dates are settled, the arraignments, the hearings are set. And then the months and months of trials and re-trials. It's horrible and brutal to the innocent victims and their innocent families and friends.

But the first part is to preserve and develop evidence in compliance with rules and regulations that will become extremely important many months from now.

So yes, community support, amateur sleuthing (like us), is the easy part.

I think once a predator sets his mind on a certain victim, short of moving him to Siberia, his potential victim is not safe. I think we will learn AW had an infatuation/obsession with his niece for a long time, coveting her more when under the influence. Jmo

Trudie, why do you believe she was killed inside of her home?

That would be totally A typical for pedophiles to do.

All the cases I've seen have one common denominator, and that is the child is taken or lured away from their home, and the rape, and murders happen elsewhere.

Imo

Got it, thanks! I had already edited that question out of my post, I had just grabbed that article as a quick source for the gas station attendant quote and hasn’t actually read the whole thing yet. Sorry!
It’s all good! So much information & pieces to put together. Add to that errors published in MSM & after a while it’s hard to remember what’s fact, what’s false & what’s unverified. Welcome to WS!

Possibly it was Liz’s bat. Idk
I think she was killed in the home, not walked out alive.
I have wondered about his true, was it also a weapon?
Some people dress for success, did he dress for murder?
I read he had something on him connecting him to the house as well as something connecting him to ES, the bat would be my guess. The only things listed that he had on him when arrested were a wallet, pot pipe, pot, can of beer, bat... from what I remember.

All the cases I've seen have one common denominator, and that is the child is taken or lured away from their home, and the rape, and murders happen elsewhere.

Imo

My feeling is that everything happened at the school, and if they're still looking for an intact body, it's going to be there in someplace they didn't check thoroughly enough.

The one thing that has annoyed me in this is how the police called off volunteers who wanted to help. At the very least volunteers could have walked the railroad tracks to look for anything discarded along the way. The police got overconfident here and would look foolish if they asked for help now, which they probably need.

Volunteer searchers can contaminate a crime scene. They most likely do not know what to look for and walk right past a body. They can be injured and LE would be liable, and their rescue would take resources away from the search. And people foolishly bring their children with. And lets be honest. Does the average person want to stumble upon a days old corpse of a little girl who may have suffered a traumatic injury? The list goes on. People mean well. The best a citizen can do is search their own properties, keep their eyes and ears open, and notify LE of any info they have.

Imo
ITA that in so many cases the child is taken from home, especially when there are other adults in the house. Even in the Amberly Barnett case where she was left alone at home, her killer who lived next door took her away to attack her and then murder her. BTW, he was also known to family.

ETA “who lived next door”

Last edited:
My feeling is that everything happened at the school, and if they're still looking for an intact body, it's going to be there in someplace they didn't check thoroughly enough.
Logan Police said in a press conference Monday that forensic tests of evidence they discovered show 21-year old Alex Whipple, Lizzy's uncle, was with her outside her home sometime Saturday morning.

I read he had something on him connecting him to the house as well as something connecting him to ES, the bat would be my guess. The only things listed that he had on him when arrested were a wallet, pot pipe, pot, can of beer, bat... from what I remember.
I wonder if she bit him,leaving bite mark,and saliva. Sounds like whatever happened to her she fought best she could maybe tooth,and nail literally.
MOO

Imo

That is a tough one, usually a perpetrator has a place to go. I am not sure, we just don't have enough information.

I’ve thought premeditation from the beginning. Friday-Saturday, for unknown reasons, he finally decided he had to act & was able to place himself in position to access her.
Idk his mental status but his FB posts (not photos) indicate
he was troubled at some point. Just my take on his words.
As far as the bat, I think he might have picked it up during his travels. I do think he would have car jacked or robbed someone later, maybe taking a homeowner hostage. Eventually he was going to need food/water. Jmo

I think the quickest, easiest place for him to dispose of Liz was a water source.
I wonder if he dumped her in a waste retention pond, like farms,or even big meat industry uses. That could maybe mask the smell of a decaying body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa