TX TX - Williamson Co, E of Georgetown, WhtMale 27-37, UP4062, "Rebel Ray" Ball Cap, Brkn Nose, Oct '88

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4062
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Found October 3, 1988
Location Found Texas

ME/C Case Number 88-10-028

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range 27-37 Years
Estimated Year of Death 1987-1988
Estimated PMI Months
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery
Located 6 miles east of Georgetown on Hwy. 29 Unidentified Person referred to as "Rebel Ray" based upon cap worn by decedent.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains
Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Brown
Eye Color Brown

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Previously broken nose, and probably had very muscular arms.

Accessories
Baseball cap found near remains.
Near the Body

unDetails

Unidentified Person Case

Who was Rebel Ray?

The latest DDP update sees Rebel Ray, still undergoing DNA analysis at DNA Solutions, in need of re-extraction because as of now there is insufficient data for GEDmatch analysis.

Was Anthony Kootenay ruled out? He disappeared from Canada in 1985... he was a fireman, and Rebel Ray was described as having muscular arms... They have the same age, height and weight and also the same nasal fracture deformity.

The Doe Network: Case File 3883DMAB

Oh wow does he look like the composite!
He does, doesn't he? I also found an article that states he was found by two officers, but since Kootenay was alive and well they let him go. Kootenay told the officers he had become despondent and left the camp. He had a bus ticket with him... maybe he later decided to cross the border and travel to Texas.

That looks like a pretty good match. Anthony was last seen wearing a hat. Not a huge thing but most people that wear hats always wear hats.

That looks like a pretty good match. Anthony was last seen wearing a hat. Not a huge thing but most people that wear hats always wear hats.

It looked like a pretty good match... but i just read an article that states Anthony had "tattoos and no teeth", and according to The Doe Network, Rebel Ray had an "abscessed first molar".

New recon of Rebel Ray John Doe. Who was Rebel Ray?

New Artist rendition after 30 years - Rebel Ray was given another artist rendition, which looks much more realistic. Please, I ask everyone to share this new drawing and see if we can't give Rebel Ray back his name! He was young, short and muscular. We believe him to be Native or possibly mixed race, and possibly Cherokee. PLease contact 325-423-2458 if you might have any information

67167348_413711522574388_5679967521654964224_n.jpg

New recon of Rebel Ray John Doe. Who was Rebel Ray?

New Artist rendition after 30 years - Rebel Ray was given another artist rendition, which looks much more realistic. Please, I ask everyone to share this new drawing and see if we can't give Rebel Ray back his name! He was young, short and muscular. We believe him to be Native or possibly mixed race, and possibly Cherokee. PLease contact 325-423-2458 if you might have any information

67167348_413711522574388_5679967521654964224_n.jpg

In the new recon Rebel Ray has very distinct eyebrows. Should we see that as an artist interpretation or could they be as they looked for real in live.

Restricted link for Europeans/outside the US, so I took a screenshot of the new recon.

Thanks Mrs. Sorry I didn't quote but it is a really short article without any new info really, other than the sketch (which was posted by Bit of Hope on Aug 2). It's good that they are still trying to get his face out there.

MOO.

Thanks Mrs. Sorry I didn't quote but it is a really short article without any new info really, other than the sketch (which was posted by Bit of Hope on Aug 2). It's good that they are still trying to get his face out there.

MOO.
It's good to see that Ray is not forgotten.
Yes, I thought the recon was the same myself, but at a second look, the artist seem to have made him a bit more scruffy-looking with a 5 o'clock shadow. Or are my eyes cheating on me?

It's good to see that Ray is not forgotten.
Yes, I thought the recon was the same myself, but at a second look, the artist seem to have made him a bit more scruffy-looking with a 5 o'clock shadow. Or are my eyes cheating on me?

Yes, you are right. It's a slightly different sketch by the same artist. Good catch!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back