Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

This apparently happened just a few hours ago, so there isn’t much information available as of yet. Will try to follow up:

May 28, 2019 | 2:43am
“Woman in Queens sets herself on fire in apparent suicide”

“[SBM]

Firefighters received the alarming call about a patient who set herself ablaze at about 1:25 a.m. near 147th Drive and 249th Street in Rosedale, the FDNY said.

The victim was pronounced dead on scene and criminality is not suspected, sources said.“
Woman in Queens sets herself on fire in apparent suicide

My thoughts are with the woman and her family.
Update:
MAY 28, 2019 | 10:27 AM EDT
“[SBM]

Shamwatie Loutan, 48, took her own life at about 1:20 a.m. behind her Rosedale residence, with first responders pronouncing her dead at the charred scene behind the residence at 147th Drive near 257th St., cops said.

[SBM]

‘She had a heart of gold,’ said the victim’s daughter, speaking through tears with the Daily News. ‘She put God first and her children above everything else and she meant well. And her dreams and her goals were to see us aspire.’

Loutan felt into a funk as she awaited the final signoff on her marital split. But the daughter was stunned by her mother’s middle-of-the-night suicide.

‘It was just out of nowhere,’ she said. ‘I’m feeling a feeling I’ve never felt.’

A man coming out of Loutan’s former home on E. 183rd St. confirmed ‘she was depressed’ but declined to say anything more about the victim.

[SBM]”
Depressed Queens woman in failing marriage dies in fiery suicide behind her home, according to police and neighbors

Rest in Peace, Shamwatie.

But why go from the driver's seat to the passenger seat? A normal thing to do would be to get out of the car and dial 911.
I know this has been a sticky point all along, as well as the time lapse before the fire took hold.

Who knows, all kinds of possibilities. Maybe she was taking a smoke and the cigarettes were inside the glove box.

Or simply, she was in the passenger seat because she was a passenger, and someone else was driving.

Update:
“[SBM]

Shamwatie Loutan, 48, took her own life at about 1:20 a.m. behind her Rosedale residence, with first responders pronouncing her dead at the charred scene behind the residence at 147th Drive near 257th St., cops said.

[SBM]

‘She had a heart of gold,’ said the victim’s daughter, speaking through tears with the Daily News. ‘She put God first and her children above everything else and she meant well. And her dreams and her goals were to see us aspire.’

Loutan felt into a funk as she awaited the final signoff on her marital split. But the daughter was stunned by her mother’s middle-of-the-night suicide.

‘It was just out of nowhere,’ she said. ‘I’m feeling a feeling I’ve never felt.’

A man coming out of Loutan’s former home on E. 183rd St. confirmed ‘she was depressed’ but declined to say anything more about the victim.

[SBM]”
Depressed Queens woman in failing marriage dies in fiery suicide behind her home, according to police and neighbors

She was there for everyone, but no one was there for her. Recipe for depression, and no one would have noticed.

I wonder how she started the fire?

I know this has been a sticky point all along, as well as the time lapse before the fire took hold.

Who knows, all kinds of possibilities. Maybe she was taking a smoke and the cigarettes were inside the glove box.

Or simply, she was in the passenger seat because she was a passenger, and someone else was driving.

Maybe she was removed from the trunk, where she had been placed after her murder? That car could have traveled anywhere for the 9ish hours she is unaccounted for . . .

Maybe she was removed from the trunk, where she had been placed after her murder? That car could have traveled anywhere for the 9ish hours she is unaccounted for . . .
If I were to stage this, I would remember to put the victim's body on the driver seat... But then I must be a psychopath to think so clearly:eek:

If I were to stage this, I would remember to put the victim's body on the driver seat... But then I must be a psychopath to think so clearly:eek:
You aren't that much of a psychopath...you didn't remember the most important part. You also have to adjust the seat to where the victim would comfortably drive the vehicle. Real psychopath murderers often forget this for some reason. They apparently don't watch as much tv as I do.

Update:
“[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]”

Hi inmyhumbleopinion,
Thanks for sharing. Such a sad story. Committing suicide in this manner would be such a long and excruciating way to die. I wonder how many people have committed suicide this way. It seems like it would be fairly rare. MOO

Someone set themselves on fire in DC the other day. Suicide by Fire is a possibility and the likely outcome here.
If it was a raging gang that ran her off the road, LE would likely have some sort of evidence for that. But theres pretty much a less than 1% chance that is what happened imo. It's easy to create and blame perceived enemies based on stereotypes, but its hard to face the reality that self harm is not only common but often unexplained and unpredictable.

This has probably moved to a declaration of "undetermined cause" by the medical examiner, which leads LE to close the case.
Every possible manner of death has strong possibilities but none can be proven. The ME can't determine suicide, for ex., just because no other manner can be proven. They can't put a cause of death on a certificate simply because no other means can be proven.
There likely to be no closure for the family, LE, or websleuthers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back